Match Thread Leicester v Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can we expect to see a more positive formation and team selection over the next four (tough) games?

I get that’s he’s needs to make allowances for fatigue but he’s dicing with dropping winnable points by being negative. Just taking Albrighton out of that side for example and putting another winger on the pitch would make a massive difference in my opinion.

Like I said, I’m not saying it’s shit. I know nothing about most of the other sides in the league and how they play. I just don’t personally understand this back three and a defensive midfielder thing.
But if you take albrighton out and put a winger on, that makes Fuchs full back and he's not quick enough anymore. Rodgers has said that Thomas isn't ready for two matches a week so we have no other choice.

Not impressed with Brendan's comments about why we have been so bad at defending set pieces.. not a fan of zonal marking myself and would rather see our biggest guys picking up the opponent's biggest threats at set pieces.

So can we expect to see a more positive formation and team selection over the next four (tough) games?

I get that’s he’s needs to make allowances for fatigue but he’s dicing with dropping winnable points by being negative. Just taking Albrighton out of that side for example and putting another winger on the pitch would make a massive difference in my opinion.

Like I said, I’m not saying it’s shit. I know nothing about most of the other sides in the league and how they play. I just don’t personally understand this back three and a defensive midfielder thing.
Precisely.

It isn't about wanting the whole team changed or not understanding the need for rotation but keeping Under out makes no sense whatsoever. Vardy will be totally isolated yet again as we just have so little creativity in that pitch.

We shall see what happens in the next four, but I doubt we shall see much rotation away from defensive football. We have flogged Fuchs into the ground, the poor bastard. It is bordering on the criminal.

Good point from Clinton Morrison there about Wesley Fofana. We must remember he is playing far more than he should be ideally. Worth remembering. He's a wonderful talent.

But if you take albrighton out and put a winger on, that makes Fuchs full back and he's not quick enough anymore. Rodgers has said that Thomas isn't ready for two matches a week so we have no other choice.
This 'Thomas can't play 2 games in a week' bollocks just doesn't fly. Fuchs was blowing out of his arse after about 29 minutes last time he started. Thomas would be absolutely fine and you'd always have Fuchs on the bench if not.

This 'Thomas can't play 2 games in a week' bollocks just doesn't fly. Fuchs was blowing out of his arse after about 29 minutes last time he started. Thomas would be absolutely fine and you'd always have Fuchs on the bench if not.
Not me that said it. It might not be down to physical fitness. Maybe it's down to recovery time, or mental attitude.

I guess that I want to give BR some credit for learning from last season. In our excellent run through to this point last year, he played the same line up over and over again.

As soon as we went into lots of fixtures and picked up a few injuries, the side pretty much collapsed. The squad players had hardly played at all so couldn't pick up the pace and we had no other way of playing.

This season, we've had the equivalent of last Dec/Jan since the start of the season. He's worked out three ways of playing and is using his whole squad. We also got found out last season for setting up exactly the same way against everyone.

I find it really odd to criticise a manager for being both pragmatic and intelligent.

Not me that said it. It might not be down to physical fitness. Maybe it's down to recovery time, or mental attitude.
Still doesn't fly. It makes no sense at all to have a completely knackered Fuchs in over a young, fit, improving Thomas.

I am not down on Rodgers, he is doing a decent job but he is making errors of judgement with selection that are costing us points we simply must take if we have any aspirations of becoming a CL club.

I guess that I want to give BR some credit for learning from last season. In our excellent run through to this point last year, he played the same line up over and over again.

As soon as we went into lots of fixtures and picked up a few injuries, the side pretty much collapsed. The squad players had hardly played at all so couldn't pick up the pace and we had no other way of playing.

This season, we've had the equivalent of last Dec/Jan since the start of the season. He's worked out three ways of playing and is using his whole squad. We also got found out last season for playing exactly the same way against everyone.

I find it really odd to criticise a manager for being both pragmatic and intelligent.
It's a pity he doesn't seem to be able to learn from the Fulham or Sheffield United games then.

This season, we've had the equivalent of last Dec/Jan since the start of the season. He's worked out three ways of playing and is using his whole squad. I find it really odd to criticise a manager for being both pragmatic and intelligent.

Nope, that’s just not right

The reason we ****ed up last year is because he switched the whole approach to matches, and moved away from 4-1-4-1 which had us romping away

Now he’s seen what a back four and wingers can do, but instead he’s gone back to the hapless back three and no width which has seen us look like turgid shirt against the might of Fulham

If it's expected, how on Earth is it random?
It was more of a general comment about players coming in and out, particularly after Perez starts his second match in a row after coming from nowhere.

Still doesn't fly. It makes no sense at all to have a completely knackered Fuchs in over a young, fit, improving Thomas.

I am not down on Rodgers, he is doing a decent job but he is making errors of judgement with selection that are costing us points we simply must take if we have any aspirations of becoming a CL club.

The last two times Thomas started straight after playing in the Europa League in midweek, he was taken off at half time (Wolves and Fulham). After these two occasions, BR said that he believed that Thomas wasn't yet physically capable of doing two matches a week at a high level but that he was working on it and would get there.

Why is that bad management? It's good management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566