Match Thread Leicester v Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I don't think many if any are disagreeing with that. He is still capable of being a stubborn arse though. He got it badly wrong against Fulham, West Ham and Sheffield United. Some of us think he has it wrong today. I'm sure he knows a lot, more than us, but he is human. He makes errors.

I agree to an extent, of course he makes errors. I'm not a fan of the back three either.

But I don't think that BR is doing it to be deliberately twattish, I think he truly believes that it's our best chance of getting results when three of his back four are out injured.

Three of our back four are injured and have been for months.

That's it really. It cannot be that hard to comprehend why he having to adapt as a result.
If Soyuncu and Evans works as a back two, Fofana and Evans works as a back two. We then have Justin as right back and Fuchs or Thomas at left back.

It can’t be that hard to comprehend why some think there’s no need to completely change the setup of the whole team to compensate.

If Soyuncu and Evans works as a back two, Fofana and Evans works as a back two. We then have Justin as right back and Fuchs or Thomas at left back.

It can’t be that hard to comprehend why some think there’s no need to completely change the setup of the whole team to compensate.
especially as earlier he was claiming it was because Wilf was injured ...

But I don't think that BR is doing it to be deliberately twattish, I think he truly believes that it's our best chance of getting results when three of his back four are out injured.
That’s even more concerning.

Three of our back four are injured and have been for months.

That's it really. It cannot be that hard to comprehend why he having to adapt as a result.

I sympathise with what you are saying but I'm afraid this is just tosh.

He's had defensive Injuries and yet plays more defenders.

He puts square pegs in round holes on purpose.

Regardless of what you think of the formation, we’re ****ing all over the place at the back

Because Justin is nowhere near as good as Ricardo and Thomas/Fuchs are nowhere near as good as Castagne. And Fofana has a lot of errors in him - more than Soyuncu at any rate.

Oh, and Evans isn't on form either and has been very vulnerable this season.

I think if he played the back four you want to see in most games, BR believes we'd be conceding more goals than we are. He's probably right.

He puts square pegs in round holes on purpose.
You mean Fuchs isn’t a centre back, Justin isn’t a left wing back, and Albrighton isn’t a right wing back?!

I agree to an extent, of course he makes errors. I'm not a fan of the back three either.

I agree. I suppose this is what worries me. Like I said, I don't dislike him. All in all he is doing a decent job. I think he is just not as adaptive as he could and perhaps should be given the personnel we do have available. I get your point, it is a rough call to have three of your best four defenders out but I think he is making the wrong decisions in some games. Against the likes of Brighton and Fulham at home, we should be confident enough to play our best attacking football. For that, at the moment, we need Under and Barnes. Vardy is just lost out there on his own at the minute.

Because Justin is nowhere near as good as Ricardo and Thomas/Fuchs are nowhere near as good as Castagne. And Fofana has a lot of errors in him - more than Soyuncu at any rate.

Oh, and Evans isn't on form either and has been very vulnerable this season.

I think if he played the back four you want to see in most games, BR believes we'd be conceding more goals than we are. He's probably right.
why are you talking about Castagne as an option at left back he has never played there for us, for all we know he is here to compete with Ricardo not replace Chilwell, if he was here for the latter then he should have done that at some point before his injury no?

One thing is for sure, back 3, back 4 or back 0, we couldn't defend much worse than we have so far.

One thing is for sure, back 3, back 4 or back 0, we couldn't defend much worse than we have so far.
What do you expect? 3 of the back 5 are playing out of position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670