Pre Match Leicester v Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching that video I found the one below, ignore the obvious cheese at the end and it's a cracking video for anyone of my age or above and a glimpse into why those years were so special.

What a team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2UC0VJSODE

Great stuff Lako, that's really put a smile on my face.

Wow. I've not seen that clip before. It was quite emotional watching that.

No problem

it was an emotional watch, great spirit back then.

After watching that video I found the one below, ignore the obvious cheese at the end and it's a cracking video for anyone of my age or above and a glimpse into why those years were so special.

What a team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2UC0VJSODE

Those were the days that I really loved my football :)

Although saying that, I think the buzz is coming back - talk of a season ticket for next season :icon_razz

Well that brought back some memories, prefer the direct route this time, but if we have to a day out with a win would be nice.

Reminds me of one of my favourite players at that time, Steve Guppy. Worked his socks off and by God he could put in a lovely cross. He never had to go past the full back, he curled the ball around them. Happy days.

Reminds me of one of my favourite players at that time, Steve Guppy. Worked his socks off and by God he could put in a lovely cross. He never had to go past the full back, he curled the ball around them. Happy days.

It was also a somewhat unknown fact that he put in more crosses and assists in the same season that Beckham was receiving plaudits.

It was also a somewhat unknown fact that he put in more crosses and assists in the same season that Beckham was receiving plaudits.

That was pretty well known. It was the reason he was called up by England that year. He was second behind Beckham that season on crosses I believe.

Hopefully not being a thicky here but can anyone explain why the club has hiked this fixture to a platinum one? It's on Sky so surely knocking out standard tickets at 15 quid each, together with pie, beer, program and store sales would generate more revenue for seats that would otherwise be empty. This would also fill the ground that has to be policed/stewarded anyway. Can anyone enlighten me?

Hopefully not being a thicky here but can anyone explain why the club has hiked this fixture to a platinum one? It's on Sky so surely knocking out standard tickets at 15 quid each, together with pie, beer, program and store sales would generate more revenue for seats that would otherwise be empty. This would also fill the ground that has to be policed/stewarded anyway. Can anyone enlighten me?

People will go to a derby match whether it's on Sky or not. Particularly a top of the table match. So the club will earn a lot more by charging platinum prices than they would by reducing prices.

It must be very rare for a price reduction to actually increase revenue. I think it's more likely they do that to encourage occasional or new fans to go, who might then become regulars. They're not going to do that for a game that is likely to have a high attendance at normal or increased prices.

I thought they had increased the just the ticket allocation for the match to get a few more bums on seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566