Pre Match Leicester v Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasper will have something to prove in his own mind, let's hope he has no need to.

Kasper will have something to prove in his own mind, let's hope he has no need to.

I needed reminding we were even playing Leeds, says Kasper Schmeichel

The way Kasper Schmeichel left Leeds United in the summer was remarkable, writes Rob Tanner. It is incredibly rare for a club to issue statements that they have accepted bids for one of their players before informing that player he was about to be sold.

It is even rarer for a manager to issue a follow-up statement explaining the reason he had decided to sell the player was because he thought he was not good enough.

That is what happened to Schmeichel in the summer, but the Dane does not bear any grudges towards Leeds or their manager Simon Grayson.

Schmeichel will line up against his former club on Sunday for the first time since leaving Elland Road, and he says there is no bad taste lingering in his mouth from his departure.

In fact, he needed reminding that it is Leeds up next for City, and admits the events of the past two weeks, with manager Sven-Goran Eriksson's departure, had left other things on his mind.

"I haven't thought about Leeds," said Schmeichel.

"Neil Danns reminded me it was Leeds on Sunday after the Burnley game because I didn't realise. I have just been so focused on what I am doing with Leicester and everything that has been going on.

"There is no bad feeling. I am so happy to be at Leicester. That is all in the past and there is no point living in the past. I am really happy I am here and enjoying every minute I am here. This is a new chapter for me."

Schmiechel was signed by Eriksson and admits he was sad to see the Swede leave last week, but was full of praise for the job Mike Stowell, Jon Rudkin and Steve Beaglehole have done in the interim.

"It has been a strange week," admitted Schmiechel. "It was sad to see Sven leave. I think everyone enjoys working with him, but the owners have made the decision and the names in the hat are top-quality and it is a great job for anyone to have.

"It was a surprise but, credit to the lads, they have been great and huge credit to Mike, Jon and Steve. They have got us in working hard and lifted morale.

"Stowelly gave us a very good speech before the Burnley game which pumped us up.

"I can't praise those three enough for how they have dealt with the situation. They have been absolutely immense.

"It really got us going at a time when it was risky that things could fall apart. They have worked incredibly hard and got us all together."

Schmeichel believes City's performances in the second half at West Ham United and during the 3-1 win at Burnley in midweek have given the players renewed confidence ahead of the visit of Leeds.

"The second-half performance at West Ham and the 90 minutes at Burnley were excellent and, if we play like that for the rest of the season, we will be up there," he said.

"The squad is amazing. We are having to leave out players of the calibre of John Pantsil and Gelson Fernandes, to name just a couple. They are internationals, top-class players. It is great to be a part of it.

"Apart from the one stupid goal we conceded at Burnley, we have done well in the last 135 minutes we have played.

"It was my fault and it makes it hard for me to enjoy the victory at Burnley. The lads helped me out this time and, hopefully, I can help them out another time.

"I apologised to the lads and the defenders after Burnley because they deserved a clean sheet. It was one of those things that when I went to punch the ball, someone just caught my shoulder and I didn't get any power on the punch, and we conceded.

"It was relentless at Burnley and, in this league, if you play relentless then you will win a lot more games. Resilience is the key.

"We are taking one game at a time and, if we play like we have done in the last one-and-a-half games, then we will be a force to be reckoned with."

I think Beckford will be up for against Leeds and people are writing him off far too soon.

I doubt the caretakers will change a winning line-up, but Beckford off the bench will be fired up.

Leicester 3 - 0 Leeds

May as well start it now cos that's what the score will be.

Re: Leicester 3 - 0 Leeds

unusual levels of optimism on this forum....

Horse Cock

Does anyone know any of the other scores that will happen today?
I might go and see my mates Willam Hill and Paddy Power.

Last edited:

May as well start it now cos that's what the score will be.
Stupid boy, do you not remember what happened to the Leeds fan that did just this?

TB's Bangkok correspondent if I'm not mistaken, and it's been posted hundreds of times before but that's because is such a great clip:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brilliant stuff ;)

jesus wept. I thought it was a saturday match. Why is it on Sunday? Egg chasing kick and clap thing? Sky? I miss watching the scores come in on saturday afternoons. It's all about all about 4am on Sunday now. Not exactly convinient. Still, 3-0 you tossers! Vote Joe_Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566