Pre Match Leicester v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

For me, one of the most looked-forward to fixtures of the season.

Liverpool have just won 5-4 away at Norwich and we come into the game on the back of a resounding 3-0 win at home to Stoke.

The reverse fixture a few weeks ago I believe set off our mini slump and we could really do with a win in this one as we then go on the road to face Man City and then Arsenal.

Our results against the Reds:

Overall:
Games won: 36
Games drawn: 24
Games lost: 43

Last 10
Games won: 2
Games drawn: 2
Games lost: 6

Quite close although recently we are not that great.

A win against Liverpool would be a fantastic tonic and set us up for the next two games.

I'm also hoping we will have 1 or 2 new signings in by the time this game kicks off a week on Tuesday.

What do we all think of this game?

Team probably unchanged but with Armartey in the squad, we have the pace to unsettle their suspect defence, a win against one of the "big teams" wouls raise our confidence before 2 possible "backs to the wall" games If we stay focussed we can take 3 points in this game, tight but i think 1-0 win Vardy

The great part of the Norwich result for us is not that Liverpool scored 5 goals, but that they let in 4. Norwich had just 5 shots on target and scored 4! That is what I call a leaky defence!

Same tactics as against Stoke. High pressing game from the start. Use all 3 subs to keep up the relentless pace in the second half.

High pressing is definitely the way in this one. Liverpool play two games before this one, and they have lots of injuries. We will be fresher and should capitalise on that.

Buzzing for this one after the lads got back to playing in the pre Christmas styleee.

Beating these lot might actually make us contenders in some circles, probably not though.

The great part of the Norwich result for us is not that Liverpool scored 5 goals, but that they let in 4. Norwich had just 5 shots on target and scored 4! That is what I call a leaky defence!

Same tactics as against Stoke. High pressing game from the start. Use all 3 subs to keep up the relentless pace in the second half.

Really excited for this match also - wish I could have gone to this!

Usually when a team concedes 4 goals in one game - especially against a team struggling near the bottom - they prioritise defending...especially with a team like leicester coming.

I think they will be very very difficult to score against. We need to kill it off as early as possible....

Really excited for this match also - wish I could have gone to this!

Usually when a team concedes 4 goals in one game - especially against a team struggling near the bottom - they prioritise defending...especially with a team like leicester coming.

I think they will be very very difficult to score against. We need to kill it off as early as possible....

Someone I know has just had to put his ticket up for sale. PM if you want and I will see if he still has it?

I was extremely tempted myself

"You will also receive two complimentary bottles of Singha beer"

Thank feck you don't need to fork out for the beer eh

What's really satisfying, looking at the table, is that Man. Utd. haven't yet reached the "magic" 40 point mark.

Buzzing for this one after the lads got back to playing in the pre Christmas styleee.

Beating these lot might actually make us contenders in some circles, probably not though.

Beating Arsenal or Man City certainly would but I'm not so sure about Liverpool.

Same starting 11 with Amertay and the new striker on the bench.

Hopefully a morale breaking penalty shoot-out. After lots of last minute injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669