Pre Match Leicester v Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it interesting how fans so often get that optimistic feeling before a match despite overwhelming evidence that it will result in a tame, lame defeat?

Man City reserves battered us in winning 3-0 last season in the cup. They were bigger, stronger, faster, cleverer, etc. It was like a professional team against a bunch of children and nothing much has changed. I expect them to put out a much weakened team, for us to mis-read their approach completely and lose heavily.

Still there is silly feeling, almost like a pilot light resolutely on, that surely one day NP is going to get his head out of his arse and make the right calls. You can't get it totally wrong all the time.

I've given up on the owners doing the right thing so all I'm left with is a vague hope for an occasional bit of entertainment before we slide back to the loathsome Championship. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
Isn't it interesting how fans so often get that optimistic feeling before a match despite overwhelming evidence that it will result in a tame, lame defeat?

Man City reserves battered us in winning 3-0 last season in the cup. They were bigger, stronger, faster, cleverer, etc. It was like a professional team against a bunch of children and nothing much has changed. I expect them to put out a much weakened team, for us to mis-read their approach completely and lose heavily.

Still there is silly feeling, almost like a pilot light resolutely on, that surely one day NP is going to get his head out of his arse and make the right calls. You can't get it totally wrong all the time.

I've given up on the owners doing the right thing so all I'm left with is a vague hope for an occasional bit of entertainment before we slide back to the loathsome Championship. Maybe tomorrow.
Get your stattos right negatveBN! We lost 3-1 in the cup, not 3-0.

Seeing as BN (Oh I love BN's stats, he's so handsome and I would more than likely give him a reach around at the works xmas do' is not gifting us with Stats because he's too busy being a miserable sod, I'll throw a couple of snippets in, like I usually do, but nobody ever thanks me do they 'Oh thanks Lako for your information on the game, it's both informative and relevant to the subject'

Feck off, sods

--------------------------------------------------------------

Only one of the last 9 meetings between us and Man City in all competitions has ended in a home win (d3 aw5)

Man City have lost non of their last eight visits to Leicester in all competitions (w4,d4)

Ulloa has scored 6 from only 9 shots on goal

We have taken 2 points from 30

Toure has scored in 3 of his last 4 performances, this after scoring 1 in 11

This is our worst ever start to a PL season after 15 games, even worse than 2003/4 2001/2 and 1994/5 when we were relegated.

Man City have only had more points than this at this stage of the season once before 2011/12

We have caught our opponents offside more than any other team this season

Wes Morgan still has more blocked shots than any other PL player (22)

Man City have had more shots blocked than any other team this season (79)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

See, plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Only one of the last 9 meetings between us and Man City in all competitions has ended in a home win (d3 aw5)

Man City have lost non of their last eight visits to Leicester in all competitions (w4,d4)

Ulloa has scored 6 from only 9 shots on goal

We have taken 2 points from 30

Toure has scored in 3 of his last 4 performances, this after scoring 1 in 11

This is our worst ever start to a PL season after 15 games, even worse than 2003/4 2001/2 and 1994/5 when we were relegated.

Man City have only had more points than this at this stage of the season once before 2011/12

We have caught our opponents offside more than any other team this season

Wes Morgan still has more blocked shots than any other PL player (22)

Man City have had more shots blocked than any other team this season (79)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

See, plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

Oh thanks Lako for your information on the game, it's both informative and relevant to the subject.

Worst set of stats ever

Lako Out

Bring back BN, despite his being a complete miseryguts

Worst set of stats ever

Lako Out

Bring back BN, despite his being a complete miseryguts

How about these cheery facts.

In our last season in the top flight, at this point we had 6 more points than we have this time round and we went down. We stood by our manager that season for sentimental reasons and it didn't work out well.

In the relegation season before that, we had 3 points more than we have now and we went down.

In our first ever Premier League season, we had 2 points more than we have now and we went down.

Even when we were relegated under Hamilton in 1987, we had 6 points more than we have now at this point.

In our 1981 relegation, we had the equivalent of 3 points than we have now.

Interestingly, the only season where we did as badly in our first 15 matches as this one was in 1977/78 where our results were identical to this season. That year we foolishly and sentimentally stood by our manager until late on, only sacking him after 37 matches with today's equivalent of 24 points.

Many consider that to be our worst top flight team ever but they've finally met their match this season.

In our 1969 relegation, we had the equivalent of 2 more points than we have now.

In our 1955 relegation, we had the equivalent of 1 more point than we have now.

In our 1939 relegation, we had the equivalent of 9 more points than we have now.

In our 1935 relegation, we had the equivalent of 3 more points than we have now.

In our 1909 relegation, we had the equivalent of 5 more points than we have now.

Not looking good is it?

In our last season in the top flight, at this point we had 6 more points than we have this time round and we went down. We stood by our manager that season for sentimental reasons and it didn't work out well.

In the relegation season before that, we had 3 points more than we have now and we went down.

In our first ever Premier League season, we had 2 points more than we have now and we went down.

Even when we were relegated under Hamilton in 1987, we had 6 points more than we have now at this point.

Interestingly, the only season where we did as badly in our first 15 matches as this one was in 1977/78 where our results were identical to this season. That year we foolishly and sentimentally stood by our manager until late on, only sacking him after 37 matches with today's equivalent of 24 points.

Many consider that to be our worst top flight team ever but they've finally met their match this season.

In our 1969 relegation, we had the equivalent of 2 more points than we have now.

In our 1939 relegation, we had the equivalent of 9 more points than we have now.

In our 1935 relegation, we had the equivalent of 3 more points than we have now.

In our 1909 relegation, we had the equivalent of 5 more points than we have now.

Not looking good is it?

09 Mar 1929 - Leicester City 3-2 Manchester City

Looking good

Not looking good is it?

My 7 year old nephew is going today, he's never seen us lose to a Manchester club

Frank McLintock?

Hamer

Konchesky
Morgan
Wasileski
Simpson

Mahrez
James
Cambiasso
Drinkwater
Schlupp

Ulloa

Not looking good is it?

I'm starting to want Tony 'the Messiah' Pulis to come in and take us down just to fecking shut you up.

Then again it would be all NP's fault for such a bad start wouldn't it?

Simpson and Konchesky swapping sides? Might be worth a try!

I didn't actually mean that. We have no option but to fill the midfield and hope we can get lucky on the break. I predict a spirited performance but a 4-1 loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669