Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United (Community Shield)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Some info from the Wembley website:

Kick Off: 16:00hrs

Team Ends:

Leicester City – East

Manchester United – West

Ticket Office

The ticket office will open for collections on the day from 12pm

Allocated Pubs

East Team – Leicester City

The Torch - 1-5 Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB
Crock of Gold - 23 Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB
Watkins Folly - 1 Empire Way, Wembley, HA9 0EW
Blue Check Cafe - 12-13 Empire Way, Wembley, HA9 0RQ
Alisan Bar - The Junction, Wembley Retail Park, Engineers Way, HA9 0EG
Crystal Club (Silverspoon) - South Way, Wembley
The Parish - 120 Wembley Park Drive, Wembley, HA9 8HP
First Class Sports Bar - 125 Wembley Park Drive, HA9 8HG
The Wembley Tavern - 121 Wembley Park Drive, HA9 8HG
Cheers Bar - 45 Blackbird Hill, NW9 8RS

Accessible Guests

A complimentary accessible shuttle service is available from Wembley Park tube station to the Stadium during ingress and back to Wembley Park tube station for egress. Wembley also has an accessible team (in yellow jackets) based from the B2 green car park who will support any accessible guests with a pushing and chaperone service to their seat.

Enhanced stadium search

We would encourage all supporters to arrive early as there will an enhanced search policy in place.

Tickets

Please note NO tickets will be sold by The FA or Wembley Stadium. ALL general admission tickets including accessible tickets will be sold by the competing clubs.

Persistent standing message from the Wembley Stadium Safety Officer

Ahead of the FA Community Shield supported by McDonald’s, we want everyone to enjoy the game. You can assist us with this by refraining from standing throughout the match.

• Persistent standing is not only a safety concern, but it is also a customer service issue.
  • Persistent standing can be a risk and lead to injury from falling, both to yourself and to others - if you fall forward on a steep incline, you could be seriously injured and you could also affect others that you collide with.
  • Please think of others when you stand, children can’t see and may be forced to stand on seats, the elderly may be forced to stand for long periods of time or simply sit, without being able to see. If you stand, it forces those behind to stand and this in turn increases the risk of falls, injuries and the problems of all not being able to view the game.
We want all supporters to enjoy this special occasion and we look forward to welcoming you to Wembley Stadium.

Ranieri says he will play his strongest team on the day.

So on the basis of what we have seen so far, my team is:

Schmeichel

Simpson, Morgan (c), Wasilewski, Fuchs

Mahrez, Drinkwater, Gray

Okazaki, Musa

Vardy

Subs: Zieler, Hernandez, Amartey, Kapustka, Schlupp, Ulloa, Mendy

Counter-attacking as per Keegan - 'We just have to score more goals than they do'.

Is Huth suspended for this one or the league game?

I think he'll go for:

Schmeichel
Simpson
Morgan
Huth/Hernandez
Fuchs
Mahrez
Mendy
Drinkwater
Albrighton
Gray
Vardy

Maybe Shinji instead of Gray.... Also wouldn't be surprised if he started Chilwell in place of Fuchs

Is Huth suspended for this one or the league game?

He's suspended from the Hull game. This game does not even count as first-class game in the records; Steve Whitworth never scored for Leicester.

He's suspended from the Hull game. This game does not even count as first-class game in the records; Steve Whitworth never scored for Leicester.

I'd been wondering about that myself and whether it had changed in recent years. Certainly used to be the case but I have a feeling that the goals have been counted in more recent years on various websites. Looking at the Man U web site and Chris Smalling's 2011 CS goal seems to be counted in his career goals tally of 11.

Not suggesting that means they are FA-ratified stats, just that it's more common place for them to be included these days.

Can you only make 3 subs in this match?

Can you only make 3 subs in this match?

From the rules (see attached PDF)

In the Match a participating Club may include on its team sheet up to 7 substitute players, of whom not more than 6 may take part in the Match subject to the conditions set out in Law 3 of the Laws of the Game.

Attachments

• FA Community Shield Rules.pdf
    24.4 KB · Views: 3
From the rules (see attached PDF)

In the Match a participating Club may include on its team sheet up to 7 substitute players, of whom not more than 6 may take part in the Match subject to the conditions set out in Law 3 of the Laws of the Game.

Does anyone know if the match is on live tv. I live in France and can only get BBC and ITV

Does anyone know if the match is on live tv. I live in France and can only get BBC and ITV
It's only on BT, so a stream might be the way to go.

Oxford-Leicester was on Norwegian TV, this game however, will not be.

Sooner or later we must try Vardy/Musa combination, maybe we are keeping it under wraps until Dull.I just hope we can perform to our best on the big stage, although the result is fairly irrelevant a win would boost the club and send a message to the rest of the league I think we will win 2-1 Vardy Mahrez

Does anyone know if there are still tickets available (2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669