Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to always play like shit when a) we kick off early b) play at home and c) play Man U.

We seem to always play like shit when a) we kick off early b) play at home and c) play Man U.
Just out of curiosity, are those ands or ors. We're stuffed ether way but it could make a difference to the scoreline; beaten by the odd goal or tonked.

MATCH FACTS​

Head-to-head

• Leicester's only win in their 14 Premier League home games against Manchester United was by 5-3 in September 2014 (D4, L9).
  • United are unbeaten in the past 11 top-flight meetings (W8, D3).
  • Leicester have lost 19 Premier League matches versus Manchester United, more than against any other side.
Leicester City

• Leicester have lost five of their six Premier League games on Boxing Day since being promoted in 2014, with their only victory coming against Manchester City in 2018.
  • The Foxes have already suffered four home league defeats in 2020-21, equalling their final total for last season.
  • Jamie Vardy has scored 43 Premier League goals since Brendan Rodgers' first match as Leicester manager in March 2019, more than any other player during this period.
  • Vardy has failed to score in all six of his appearances for Leicester on Boxing Day.
Manchester United

• The Reds have won six consecutive top-flight away games despite conceding first in each fixture - prior to this run, no Premier League side had come from behind to win more than three consecutive away matches.
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side have scored at least two goals in each of their last 10 away league matches, three short of the top-flight record.
  • United's total of 18 points away from home this season is a joint high with Leicester, who have played a game more on the road.
  • They have won 21 Premier League matches on Boxing Day, more than any other side, with their only defeats on that date coming against Middlesbrough in 2002 and Stoke in 2015.
  • Bruno Fernandes has been directly involved in half of Manchester United's Premier League goals since his debut in February, scoring 17 goals and assisting 12.

Well that's made me feel incredibly pessimistic. We are doomed.

Jeez, I didn't realise just how shit we've been against them. I mean, I knew we were bad but not that bad.

Got a good point against them when absolutely bobbing ourselves at Man Yoo on the day we basically sealed the title. No one could pass the ball for the first 15mins for shaking and then Big Wes got the equaliser to settle the nerves....

I think we can blow them away today.
Ndidi bossing a tired Fernandes. Justin, Fofana and Castagne covering the pace of Rashford etc Evans reading Cavani and tielemans, maddison, vardy, Barnes tearing their shit defence a new one....
5-2 boxing day bonanza.... going one better than the great escape season...

BN - please can you put a bet on Harry Maguire any time goal scorer?

Ta muchly!

They’re going to shit on us, aren’t they :(
Yes. Yes they are. The only hope we have is if BN has loaded a sack load of cash on us to lose and Joe_Fox has popped us down for a draw in his smashing system. Then, and only then, might we have a chance.

Referee: Mike Dean.
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Dan Robathan.
Fourth official: Robert Jones.
VAR: Graham Scott.
Assistant VAR: Neil Davies.

I'm excited for the game but think we're going to get shredded by their attack and Bruno

NEVER optimistic when we play them and we've not been good at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757