Match Thread Leicester v Villarreal PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting married on Saturday.
My best man just texted me asking me if I’m excited for the big day, he’s a Man City fan…
Honestly feel deflated right now for Wes and the team. Villarreal came with completely the wrong attitude to a preseason friendly.
Enjoy tomorrow
They’re a bunch of whiny, cheating *****. They had two sent off including their manager in their last pre season friendly a few days back.

Am I sad **** for watching a Leicester friendly on my own with a bottle of Fino Sherry and playing Football Manager while she’s having a night out with her mates?

Sounds glorious mate. You won't be allowed to get away with that after tomorrow. ;)

Congratulations! Hope the day all goes well.

James Wesolowski

Made me think of Weso during the game too.

Obviously very different levels - and different amounts of experience - but we had a lot of hope Wesolowski and he looked ready to make a big impact on the first team that season before that injury took him down, and he never fully recovered.

Fofana is obviously different gravy, but I really hope he has a better recovery.

Very upset for Fofana. Him and Cags looked great first half. I think we have a good option of blocking up the centre of the pitch like england did in the euros at least while we find our defensive feet. Soumare looked very good indeed and a midfield three of him Ndidi and Tielemans could be useful to us in a 433 early in the season.

while the game was rendered meaningless
i thought there were some great signs
Ricardo looked bright quick and super fit.
Bertrand is a step up
Soyuncu looked like he had something to prove
Tielemans looked like he wanted to impose himself on the team
Barnes was like a gazelle again
Iheanacho and Daka will be a nightmare for the opposition if they click.
Vardys movement was great
Amartey looks sharper
Dewsbury Hall is going to push Maddison i think.

maddison looked leggy and weak in the challenge. drew fouls but didnt dominate the play. risks becoming an enigma for me. doesnt lokk like he knows how to play in the team is he off vardy or is he playmaking. often looked he was trying to do both but ending up doing neither.

So, I have just got back. For what they are worth, here are 10 observations.

1. People who sit in a half empty stadium singing 'your support is ****ing shit' to an empty away end are ****s.

2. People singing 'Champions of England, you'll never sing that' (and yes, it was that version) to a Spanish team and an empty away end, are ****s.

3. Fofana looked immense before an Incredibly cruel injury. He is out for a long time. Him and Soyuncu were immense.

4. Perez showed up. He looked sharp, up for it and his tracking back and defending were excellent. He worked really well with Ricardo.

5. That is the Ricardo we know. Wow. He was a joy to watch as was Barnes who, although a little rusty, looked lively creative.

6. Daka looks great. Sharp, aggressive. His finishing wasn't brilliant but that will come I am sure.

7. Soumare.... hmmmm. He looked clumsy to me. Lost the ball a few times and was a bit heavy footed but he gets a pass.

8. Nelson is ****ing massive. His cock must surely be challenging Soyuncu's for length of the year. He wasn't great at defending however.

9. Benkovic looked like he was going to panic every time the ball came near him. He was having to be told where to be and what to do by those around him. He also looks a bit lightweight for a CB.

10. KDH is a very, very good player. He had all the attributes to become a real diamond for us.

So erm, what was the score?

Am I sad **** for watching a Leicester friendly on my own with a bottle of Fino Sherry and playing Football Manager while she’s having a night out with her mates?
I wouldn’t pigeon hole yourself to that one, specific occasion.

Fer Nino. What a coward! I wish we would all bombard his social media accounts with our thoughts about his nasty, deliberate maiming of Fofana. Make him a social media outcast.

On a positive note i managed to catch one of the shirts they fired into the crowd

What? Best healthcare in the world over here...yeah right.
Best health care if you can afford it (even in the NHS)! Otherwise for a Sunday league player I would see a very different prognosis from our underfunded, understaffed, poorly managed and totally disjointed NHS.

Soyuncu, Barnes, Perez
Thank you Pop. I’m away at the moment on holiday and only managed to see snippets of the action (thankfully avoiding the Fofana injury) but we looked v good and seemed very competent and slick in our play. Was this fair of the game until the injury, because we looked impressive?

Thank you Pop. I’m away at the moment on holiday and only managed to see snippets of the action (thankfully avoiding the Fofana injury) but we looked v good and seemed very competent and slick in our play. Was this fair of the game until the injury, because we looked impressive?

We were fantabulous first half. Very exciting, just like we were at our best in 19/20.

As soon as the injury occurred, the whole match turned to shit.

Impressive until the injury then half the team changed and it became a bit disjointed

So we look like we will start the season as we have for the last two seasons.

I won't get as carried away this time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566