Pre Match Leicester vs. Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Leicester game my dad took me to was against Cov. We won 2-1, Gary Mac and Alan Smith were the scorers, also got my picture taken with the legend Laurie Cunningham who was on loan for a short period of time…..good times

we should win this game at a canter and I think we will, hopefully we have a great start to the season.The first 5 games are exactly what I would have hoped for before the fixtures were announced, if we go unbeaten leading up to the Saints game it will set the foundations for the season.

I took the decision to stay away from here for a while ( relegation was a kick in the nuts) having just scrolled through various posts it was probably the right decision lol .

rain or shine I will be supporting us this season, hopefully you miserables ****ers can post negativity with your usual good humour, supporting city is supposed to be a roller coaster and I wouldn't want it any other way.

3-0 win for us and if we get spanked I expect some in coming .

I’m not so shocked at the Souttar news considering Enzo seemingly has him as 5th choice, even behind Vestergaard ffs…but our current recruitment team signed him up merely 6 months ago and now he’s out of favour?

Plus he has experience at this level. Really really odd one. When we were relegated I presumed our defence for this season would have been built around him.

I’m not so shocked at the Souttar news considering Enzo seemingly has him as 5th choice, even behind Vestergaard ffs…but our current recruitment team signed him up merely 6 months ago and now he’s out of favour?

Plus he has experience at this level. Really really odd one. When we were relegated I presumed our defence for this season would have been built around him.

Yeah I'm really disappointed in hearing that we're already letting Souttar go.

He should definitely be ahead of Vestergaard and probably Faes too. He looked decent last season and is young but has experience at this level - IMO exactly the type of player we should be looking for to get us out of this league AND with the potential to then play a part in the Prem afterwards.

But... Maybe there is something we're not seeing with Souttar behind the scenes. He was dropped pretty quickly after looking alright when he first signed. Then Dean Smith (genuinely took me a good minute to remember his name already...) didn't fancy him either, and now Maresca. Maybe the attitude or mentality isn't right there?

Never? That seems unlikely.

Not sure about never, but looking at his career history he doesn’t miss many league games (apart from last season when he was out of favour at Wolves)

On tinternet, must be true....

He didn’t say Souttar would be leaving. He said some players will leave before the window closes. Typical modern journalism - manipulate what was said to fit your narrative: Sure, he might leave but that’s not what Maresca said.

This is the sort of nonsense that we had to endure last season. Pass the armband.

Coady is a captain. It's blindingly obvious that none of the others are. Why can't EM just make the decision?
He says in the interview 'Coady is a real leader'. No doubt he will be the captain. I'm guessing he doesn't want to name him until he's fit.

So, what do we reckon then...

Hermansen

Faes
Vestergaard
Doyle

Ricardo
Winks

Praet
Ndidi
Dewsbury-Hall
Mavididi

Vardy

????

I reckon

Hermansen

Ricardo
Doyle
Vestergaard
Castagne

Ndidi
Winks
KDH

Albrighton
Daka
Mavi’didi

So basically same lineup as vs Liverpool apart from Mavididi in for McAteer. I mean it’ll be a batshit crazy line up, but that’s my prediction.

Yep, missed out Castagne. I think he'll start....

But I would prefer...

Hermansen

Ricardo
Faes
Doyle
Justin

Castagne
Winks
Ndidi
Mavididi

Iheanacho
Vardy

Subs:
Iversen
Dewsbury-Hall
Souttar
Albrighton
Soumare
Vestergaard
Daka
Thomas
McAteer
Choudhury

He says in the interview 'Coady is a real leader'. No doubt he will be the captain. I'm guessing he doesn't want to name him until he's fit.

Unless we have another big leader coming in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363