Pre Match Leicester vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mane playing I can see Benny being a better bet to cover him than the others.

Finally somebody takes into account who we're playing in their preferred selection.

Liverpool only have the game with us in a three week spell. They play high pressing, high energy, high pace football. They're likely to be right on it Monday night.

We have no 'strongest side' so should select players to cope with the type of game it will be. We need to fill the side with as much pace and energy as possible, otherwise we're fecked.

I expect the players to be booed. I expect Claudio to be given the loudest round of applause our club has ever given.

Is this why he has been sacked. Was he basically going to drop most of these players for the league.
I'd imagine it's more to do with the fact we are in free fall, destined for the relegation zone, haven't won away all season, nor scored a goal this year. Not to mention the bizarre team selections, baffling substitutions and complete lack of tactics or approach.

I'd imagine it's more to do with the fact we are in free fall, destined for the relegation zone, haven't won away all season, nor scored a goal this year. Not to mention the bizarre team selections, baffling substitutions and complete lack of tactics or approach.
Picky bastard :)

I imagine it's the wankers playing then.

Liverpool will be looking forward to this one. I think our heaviest home defeat to them previously was 0-4 (was it in 2000/1?) Unless there is a dramatic attitude change by the so called 'team' I can see this being exceeded.
Judging by some comments on the Ranieri threads, if our 'players' thought the atmosphere at Millwall was hostile , it will be nothing compared to the reception from a section of the City fans...

Will be a fascinating match, for many reasons

The crowd will undoubtedly be singing Ranieri's name from the outset
If we play well and take the lead, this will probably continue for a bit, but ultimately they'll welcome the win
If we play like shit and lose it, or even play half decent and lose it, I suspect the atmosphere will become highly toxic, with pent up anger against the players finally coming out from all over the ground

The team selection, tactics and performance will be interesting in itself, but the most interesting part in many ways is how the crowd react to events on the pitch

For the neutral, this bit will be compulsive viewing

But, of course, I'm not neutral - so for me, the most fascinating thing of all will be how I react to it all. I genuinely have no idea

If we play well and take the lead, this will probably continue for a bit, but ultimately they'll welcome the win
If we play like shit and lose it, or even play half decent and lose it, I suspect the atmosphere will become highly toxic, with pent up anger against the players finally coming out from all over the ground

The team selection, tactics and performance will be interesting in itself, but the most interesting part in many ways is how the crowd react to events on the pitch

But, of course, I'm not neutral - so for me, the most fascinating thing of all will be how I react to it all. I genuinely have no idea

Agreed.

If we go behind, I think the crowd will turn on the players in a big, big way.

If we somehow win, a lot may be forgiven by full time!

Will be interesting - and maybe somewhat revealing - to see how Shakey chooses to line things up for this one.

It's going to be pure drama.

I've said exactly this to a number of opposing fans who've been in contact throughout this morning...I fear vitriol/poison towards many sections if/when 'Pool take control of the game....I sincerely hope to be wrong. We'll see....

There will be no Ranieri-shield to protect the treacherous snakes going forward....it's now all about them, so let's see it.

I've said exactly this to a number of opposing fans who've been in contact throughout this morning...I fear vitriol/poison towards many sections if/when 'Pool take control of the game....I sincerely hope to be wrong. We'll see....

There will be no Ranieri-shield to protect the treacherous snakes going forward....it's now all about them, so let's see it.

Bob, you seem as well connected to the club as any and your opinion on the players speaks volumes. Is it safe to say you've seen or heard thing first hand that lead you that view? Or is it, like me, plainly obvious something underhanded has gone on?

Bob, you seem as well connected to the club as any and your opinion on the players speaks volumes. Is it safe to say you've seen or heard thing first hand that lead you that view? Or is it, like me, plainly obvious something underhanded has gone on?

Some have got their wish, MA....the onus now is on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566