Confirmed Transfer Leonardo Ulloa

Status
Not open for further replies.
The purchase of Mr Ulloa like any record signing is a gamble. I believe he will be a relative success (ten or more goals) and therefore will refer to him as Leonardo. Of course I may be wrong and Borderfox may be right to dismiss him as "the guy" (post 33).

Playing in the same league as Jamie Vardy Leonardo scored the same number of goals. Most people believe Vardy had an excellent season. In the Premier League Ulloa will be facing better defenders but I believe he will get better service than he had at Brighton. Ten goals seems realistic although obviously we would wish for more.

Ulloa is 27. This means he is not just looking for a last payday. I read that he takes football advice from God; at 27 he will hopefully be wise enough to listen to Kevin Phillips as well. All players have friends and families they will want to impress., He will surely want to show people back home in Argentina that he can make it in the Premier League. This is a player who will be motivated.

I would be cautious and not rush to sell Wood just yet but hopefully Leonardo will live up to his great name.

Last edited:
The purchase of Mr Ulloa like any record signing is a gamble. I believe he will be a relative success (ten or more goals) and therefore will refer to him as Leonardo. Of course I may be wrong and Borderfox may be right to dismiss him as "the guy" (post 33).

Playing in the same league as Jamie Vardy Leonardo scored the same number of goals. Most people believe Vardy had an excellent season. In the Premier League Ulloa will be facing better defenders but I believe he will get better service than he had at Brighton. Ten goals seems realistic although obviously we would wish for more.

Ulloa is 27. This means he is not just looking for a last payday. I read that he takes football advice from God; at 27 he will hopefully be wise enough to listen to Kevin Phillips as well. All players have friends and families they will want to impress., He will surely want to show people back home in Argentina that he can make it in the Premier League. This is a player who will be motivated.

I would be cautious and not rush to sell Wood just yet but hopefully Leonardo will live up to his great name.

He may be 27 but it's worth pointing out that he turns 28 on Sunday. It is also worth mentioning that he missed two months of last season through injury so their goals scored last season in isolation aren't comparable.

Despite their completely different styles, if you want to compare him to Vardy, their stats compare as follows:

Since joining Brighton, Ulloa made 50 starts and 3 sub appearances, scoring 26 goals. One goal every 0.49 games.
Since joining City, Vardy has made 57 starts and 13 sub appearances, scoring 21 goals. One goal every 0.30 games.

As far as I'm concerned, if either (or both) of them score 10 or more Premier League goals this season, they should be regarded as a terrific success.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the math on those stats adds up.

Why such a negative response DG, you don't know how good or bad he will be in the Premier League. Clearly the club have done their homework on this guy, considering they tried and failed to get him in the January transfer window, now they have got him, they clearly think he's worth the money that the club have paid for his services. So instead of trying to compare him and the monies paid, for some unknown player in a year many on this forum think is the 'dark ages' lets welcome the guy, who knows he may be the bargain of the decade.
Wow.
Talk about completely missing the point that he was making. It was an excellent and well made point as well, I thought.

Since joining Brighton, Ulloa made 50 starts and 3 sub appearances, scoring 26 goals. One goal every 0.49 games.
Since joining City, Vardy has made 57 starts and 13 sub appearances, scoring 21 goals. One goal every 0.30 games.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the math on those stats adds up.

I am no mathematician but like Londonfox I am baffled by the statistics. If Leonardo has made 50 starts and scored every 0.49 games wouldn't he have scored over 100 goals. Surely the correct figure is that he has scored about once every two games.
This claim is made with no confidence whatsoever and I will happily accept being proved wrong.

He scores on average 0.49 goals per game, which means if he scores twice we need to keep a clean sheet to win.

Last edited:
With the usual dissection of the reason behind Englands regular failure at a major championship and the facts being trotted out regarding the lack of English players in the Premier League and the lack of opportunities for English players, how did Ulloa get a work permit? He is not an international and he doesn't appear to qualify as a "home grown" player (whatever that means) either.

I hope he's a success but if he's not it's surely another sign that something is seriously wrong when teams are signing imports that could be preventing clubs from developing home grown talent.

With the usual dissection of the reason behind Englands regular failure at a major championship and the facts being trotted out regarding the lack of English players in the Premier League and the lack of opportunities for English players, how did Ulloa get a work permit? He is not an international and he doesn't appear to qualify as a "home grown" player (whatever that means) either.

He 'obtained' Spanish citizenship.

I hope he's a success but if he's not it's surely another sign that something is seriously wrong when teams are signing imports that could be preventing clubs from developing home grown talent.

He 'obtained' Spanish citizenship.

Which of course due to European working legislation, means he can come and join us

With 'home-grown' talent - and I appreciate the point - but we would have Fraizer Campbell playing for us if he hadn't taken the piss with his wage demands. I think this is partly the reason why English players don't succeed - they get far too much far too young, and suddenly have no reason for playing any harder. Which is the culture of the UK anyway... and I say that having fallen foul of it in picking my first job.

This is why Germany succeed. Not everything revolves around your salary there.

I feel a bit sorry for Ulloa. Most people have decided he will be a flop before kicking a ball

More reason for him to kick on?

Let's not forget that most fans haven't a ****ing clue what they are talking about. There are still ****wits who want Pearson gone ffs.

I am no mathematician but like Londonfox I am baffled by the statistics. If Leonardo has made 50 starts and scored every 0.49 games wouldn't he have scored over 100 goals. Surely the correct figure is that he has scored about once every two games.
This claim is made with no confidence whatsoever and I will happily accept being proved wrong.
You're right. The numbers are also right. The words are in the wrong order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566