Let's all laugh at Leeds Part 1,123

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I hate Leeds, I think I can live with this at the minute :038:...

No joy from FA.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/7017746.stm

No change on Leeds points saga

The Football Association has informed Leeds there will be no more action over the decision to dock them 15 points.
Football League chiefs hit Leeds with the deduction before the season started for a breach of insolvency rules. Leeds chief executive Shaun Harvey said: "We are amazed the FA do not feel it is appropriate to intervene in a matter which we believe is wrong. "We will fully reflect on this surprising decision and are taking the advice of our legal team."

Last edited:
Can anyone see Leeds going unbeaten and gaining promotion?

I don't think they will go unbeaten but I can certainly see them getting promotion. A team with their resources certainly should be able to.

Why should we laugh at Leeds? At this rate they will be in a higher division than us next season.

Now 5/2 clear favourites,6 points off the top.

I honestly dont think they will get automatic promotion. Although they are winning i believe a blip is just around the corner, and unfortunately imo Forest will make their return as one of the 2 auto promoted clubs, along with maybe Swansea

I honestly dont think they will get automatic promotion. Although they are winning i believe a blip is just around the corner, and unfortunately imo Forest will make their return as one of the 2 auto promoted clubs, along with maybe Swansea

We shall see but I think Leeds will win the League and win it rather easily.That League is full of some very very poor sides.

We shall see but I think Leeds will win the League and win it rather easily.That League is full of some very very poor sides.

Leeds are flying on the back of good results and a sense of injustice. They will slip up because they have been fortunate in a number of games this season. When they do falter they have fans even more fickle than ours to destroy the players confidence.

Leeds are flying on the back of good results and a sense of injustice. They will slip up because they have been fortunate in a number of games this season. When they do falter they have fans even more fickle than ours to destroy the players confidence.

Like I said.....we shall see:102:
I'm happy with my 25/1 to win the League

Last edited:

That is true but the top majority play some lovely football on the deck. Hence Bristol City, Scunny and Blackpool's decent starts. I have seen better 'football' matches in League 1 in the whole than the rough and tumble Championship.

I have seen better 'football' matches in League 1 in the whole than the rough and tumble Championship.

best FOOTBALL match I have seen in the last 4 years was Carlisle ripping Leyton Chinese to pieces last season, was like watching Brazil in comparison

leeds knocked f*r*st into 7th

:)

As if you needed another reason to hate the feckers......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/7072624.stm

Bassett named as Leeds assistant

Leeds have appointed Dave Bassett as assistant manager to Dennis Wise until the end of the season.

Bassett, 63, worked alongside Wise at Wimbledon, Leicester and Southampton and replaces Gustavo Poyet, who has joined Tottenham under Juande Ramos.

"He brings with him a wealth of experience, having been there, seen it and done it," Wise told Leeds' website.

"We know each other well, having worked together before, and I'm looking forward to working with him again."

Leeds are seventh in League One with 11 wins and two draws after starting the season with a 15-point penalty.

Bassett's first match as Wise's number two comes away to Carlisle on Saturday.

Wise added: "We've had a good start to the season and Harry (Dave) is keen to play his part in helping us move further forward, based on the foundations that we have already laid."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00