Let's NOT start the Witch Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

We won last night with a crap performance: something that happened most weeks under Brian Little without much complaint.
And we've lost 1 other game.
MA needs several months before we can see what he can make of the side and for our best side to make itself evident.
Even now it ssems like some people think 2 games is fair cop to start making sweeping judgements and hang a manager out to dry, even though last years captain (Kisnorbo) and one of the prospects we are most excited about (Kaebi) have yet to set foot on the pitch, AND Mandaric's promised 3 or 4 new signings have not yet been added (1 or 2 of which i presume will materialise).
MA's putting in some hard work, building a side annd LETS NOT FORGET A RESERVE SIDE ASWELL, whilst restoring the ABSOLUTELY SHATTERED confidence of home fans and any players who were involved over the last three seasons. Even Alex Ferguson couldn't do that in 2 competitive games. In fact he only managed it after 3 years.

SO, MA's turned down a move for Fowler (allegedly) and JFH? IMO that means he doesn't want expensive strikers on the wage bill, who he isn't sure have still got desire. And who is to say that isn't a sound judgement? After all, We've had Keown, Mancini, Howe, Dublin, Freund etc all coming to Leicester with massive top flight pedigree and picking up their money whilst adding virtually NOTHING to our championship/premiership campaigns.
1-0 to MA in my opinion, particularly if he's working to a certain budget.

Anyway, i'm getting dragged into specifics when I think all this stirring and conjecture is bollocks.

Us supporters should get behind the team is put out and try and instil some confidence in them through 'support'. It's never been more needed than it is now.

After all, We've had Keown, Mancini, Howe, Dublin, Freund etc all coming to Leicester with massive top flight pedigree and picking up their money whilst adding virtually NOTHING to our championship/premiership campaigns.

I know what you mean, but just for the record I hated Freund with a passion before he came to us and he totally won me over with his committment for us. Was sorry to see him go.

Shame it looks like MA will be out by Sunday.

It's a real shame IMO. MA has done nothing wrong from what I can tell, surely telling MM that he doesn't want 20k a week players on the wage bill isn't a crime?

MM has shit on MA big time, and if he does get rid of him, I hope it all goes tits up and then maybe MM will learn not to be a devious selfish twat.

I'm of the opinion that all conjecture about the manager threads should be deleted, if we call ourselves fans.
This sort of talk after 1 league game is a disgrace and will get us nowhere.

I know what you mean, but just for the record I hated Freund with a passion before he came to us and he totally won me over with his committment for us. Was sorry to see him go.

Completely agree with this. Freund was excellent when he came to us.

I'm of the opinion that all conjecture about the manager threads should be deleted, if we call ourselves fans.

I agree, although i'm of the opinion MM doesn't agree.

Not if people want to discuss the situation. ;)

MM has shit on MA big time, and if he does get rid of him, I hope it all goes tits up and then maybe MM will learn not to be a devious selfish twat.

I don't. I want the best for my team and that doesn't extend to wishing things to go 'tits up' for them.

Anyway, it ain't gonna happen. MA will still be in charge next week, next month and next year.

So why did you start another one then ? :icon_roll

it was a statement about getting behind the team and giving them time rather then debating the merits of the manager so ridiculously early in the season. i'd love it to be deleted and be the last one of its type for a while. allowing us to talk about something more productive.

it was a statement about getting behind the team and giving them time rather then debating the merits of the manager so ridiculously early in the season. i'd love it to be deleted and be the last one of its type for a while. allowing us to talk about something more productive.

Finally we agree on something :icon_roll

Last edited:

But if Mandaric is going to the press talking about ditching MA, why shouldn't we talk about that?

As I believe I pointed out during the takeover, MM does have a certain track record with his managers, i.e., generally he doesn't like them to manage.;)

We won last night with a crap performance: something that happened most weeks under Brian Little without much complaint.
And we've lost 1 other game.
MA needs several months before we can see what he can make of the side and for our best side to make itself evident.
Even now it ssems like some people think 2 games is fair cop to start making sweeping judgements and hang a manager out to dry, even though last years captain (Kisnorbo) and one of the prospects we are most excited about (Kaebi) have yet to set foot on the pitch, AND Mandaric's promised 3 or 4 new signings have not yet been added (1 or 2 of which i presume will materialise).
MA's putting in some hard work, building a side annd LETS NOT FORGET A RESERVE SIDE ASWELL, whilst restoring the ABSOLUTELY SHATTERED confidence of home fans and any players who were involved over the last three seasons. Even Alex Ferguson couldn't do that in 2 competitive games. In fact he only managed it after 3 years.

SO, MA's turned down a move for Fowler (allegedly) and JFH? IMO that means he doesn't want expensive strikers on the wage bill, who he isn't sure have still got desire. And who is to say that isn't a sound judgement? After all, We've had Keown, Mancini, Howe, Dublin, Freund etc all coming to Leicester with massive top flight pedigree and picking up their money whilst adding virtually NOTHING to our championship/premiership campaigns.
1-0 to MA in my opinion, particularly if he's working to a certain budget.

Anyway, i'm getting dragged into specifics when I think all this stirring and conjecture is bollocks.

Us supporters should get behind the team is put out and try and instil some confidence in them through 'support'. It's never been more needed than it is now.

im totally with you on this. but you will get told on this site that 'i pays me money ill say what i fecking want :098:' attitude

[/B]
im totally with you on this. but you will get told on this site that 'i pays me money ill say what i fecking want :098:' attitude

I don't see why it's needed now more than in a relegation battle per sé?

"We've had Keown, Mancini, Howe, Dublin, Freund etc all coming to Leicester with massive top flight pedigree and picking up their money"

Do not bracket Mancini with those others. His display in the second half at Everton was an absolute masterclass, a great shame he could not stay longer.

It looks like MM is 'leaking' to the Mirror again, suggesting he could bring Brian Little in to work alongside or instead of MA.

I do not think MA will be 'frightened' by that. He knew that MM was a basket of snakes when he took the job. He has obviously told MM that he will manage the team his way. And he will accept that MM either takes a back seat or fires him!

In fairness, I think it's a great idea to insist JFH plays for a month before making any permanent decision. I think MA possibly always insisted on this but MM went ahead with trying to sign him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669