Let's NOT start the Witch Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the problem might be Milan, yes he is investing the money into the club and he choses what happends but somethings he doesnt need to get involved in, he should leave the team and squad to martin and he should recommend players not tell him players that he wants to come to the club, with Milan being a man with alot of power this could stop are chances of going anywhere in the league if he will start changes managers and not give them the time to gel the team and play as one,

That'll go in the guiness book of records for the longest sentence ever:icon_wink

Better still, if the Chairman is prepared to stump up the cash for a full year then just sign the fecker regardless of any other factor. What's to lose ?

If he turns out to be a lazy useless past it slob then just don't play him - it's then Mandaric who has dropped a bollock, not the manager.

.....which was what I was trying to say earlier in this thread (just not very well!)

It sounds to me like MA2 doesn't much like the idea of big-name signings because he won't necessarily be able to bully them in the dressing room. Which goes against everything we as fans want and what MM as chairman wants! MM wants to raise the profile of this club and make it an attractive place for top players, we want to see the top players! I, like Homer, can't see any other reason for MA to not want JFH if he's offered on a plate!

Last edited:
I, like Homer, can't see any other reason for MA to not want JFH if he's offered on a plate!

Well I can.

Presumably, Milan's cash is not unlimited and Allen preferred to see that cash spent on his own targets.

I wouldn't have a clue whether Allen is a bully in the dressing room or not nor even whether he doesn't want "big names" that he can't control.

My problem is that (whilst recognising it is very early days yet) Leicester City seemed to have made quite a few highly dubious signings and that Allen has a big mouth on him but as yet doesn't show any signs of turnung this into decent performances......but as I say these are very, very early days and it will be a few months before we know one way or another.

Presumably, Milan's cash is not unlimited and Allen preferred to see that cash spent on his own targets.

So who do you think they are? The only other rumours around are for players none of us have ever heard of (and Murphy, but we all know that will never happen).

So who do you think they are? The only other rumours around are for players none of us have ever heard of (and Murphy, but we all know that will never happen).

Not a clue. Presumably some loans in - but it's not going to be easy to attract Premiership fringe squad members.

Except of course that it appears that Milan may be prepared to speculate re. has been 'name' players like the JFH's and the Fowlers - whilst Allen seems to like the 'never was's' so to speak.

And I agree Murphy will never happen......nothing has happened at The Walkers to suggest that the club is likely to be viewed as a vehicle for getting players into Premiership football in the immediate future

Bottom line is that MM wanted him and MA didn't. In this instance I would back MA.

If MA never wanted him (and I'm not suggesting that this is or isn't the case), how come that MA spoke to him (JFH) on Friday and then spoke to him again on Sunday and invited him to attend a medical at 3pm on Monday, only for him (JFH) to be truned away when he arrived at the training gound for the aformentioned medical, as arranged by MA. not MM.

:confused:

I suspect that after the events of the last few days, we will find it extremely difficult to sign anyone of any significance.

Agents up and down the country will be doing a search for MA and MM and hitting the delete key.

If MA never wanted him (and I'm not suggesting that this is or isn't the case), how come that MA spoke to him (JFH) on Friday and then spoke to him again on Sunday and invited him to attend a medical at 3pm on Monday, only for him (JFH) to be truned away when he arrived at the training gound for the aformentioned medical, as arranged by MA. not MM.

:confused:

I suspect Newts might have a few questions to answer in this matter. :icon_wink

Seriously though, that is what confuses me about the whole debacle.

Firstly, let me stress that the following has everything to do with a childhood reading Sherlock Holmes and NOTHING to do with inside information.
If we accept the facts as given by JFH and Milan, we must assume that MA was originally, at least happy to let the deal go ahead. MA is still keen; if JFH had been arrogant, or in some way offended, presumablely, Milan would have lost interest so, it must be MA who has changed his mind.
Why? The only reasonable explanation that I can come up with is that Milan informed Martin Allen that this was the last 'big' signing that he would payroll. MA says, "Wait a minute, I didn't particularly want him. There are much better targets." Milan has worked on his baby,JFH, and toys and prams go in oposite directions.
Elementary, my dear Watson.

Firstly, let me stress that the following has everything to do with a childhood reading Sherlock Holmes and NOTHING to do with inside information.
If we accept the facts as given by JFH and Milan, we must assume that MA was originally, at least happy to let the deal go ahead. MA is still keen; if JFH had been arrogant, or in some way offended, presumablely, Milan would have lost interest so, it must be MA who has changed his mind.
Why? The only reasonable explanation that I can come up with is that Milan informed Martin Allen that this was the last 'big' signing that he would payroll. MA says, "Wait a minute, I didn't particularly want him. There are much better targets." Milan has worked on his baby,JFH, and toys and prams go in oposite directions.
Elementary, my dear Watson.

That is more watson than Holmes. All we have is an assortment of not wholly consistent statements from various people. We know sweet FA. Except that JFH was close to joining the club but didn't. And pages of argument based on speculation.

Now rumoured on BBC's Fottie gossip that he will join the other young 'un Robbie Fowler at Cardiff

Agents up and down the country will be doing a search for MA and MM and hitting the delete key.

Speaking from experience ( the senior partner here is also a football agent ) I can assure you that will not be the case. Money talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00