Lets remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

Although we've beaten Preston and enjoyed our saturday, half of the current squad are still bloody useless and need to be shipped out in the summer. Next season could be a great one for us but we need to make big changes. If we can, lets get rid of...

worthington
douglas
hammond
de vries
hughes
tiatto
kenton
yeates
horsefield
maybury

and lets build a team with youth, such as:
logan
stearman
weslowski
mattock

Stearman makes me nervous though. Sometimes, imo he can't handle the pressure.

i think he is potentially good but i think he needs man managing! or in other words, a kick up the arse!

Although we've beaten Preston and enjoyed our saturday, half of the current squad are still bloody useless and need to be shipped out in the summer. Next season could be a great one for us but we need to make big changes. If we can, lets get rid of...

worthington
douglas
hammond
de vries
hughes
tiatto
kenton
yeates
horsefield
maybury

logan
stearman
weslowski
mattock

Couldn't agree more Micky. None of those players have done anything to warrant their retention next season.
Logan and Srearman are teetering on the brink. Stearman in particular has turned from a promising young player to a bag of shite, but I'm inclined to think that the management and coaching at the club had a lot to do with it.
To your youth policy I'd add Fryatt and McAuley.

I think stearman has just lost his way abit...in and out of the team, he has to try and prove himself when he comes on as sub etc, tries to hard and makes silly mistakes. We all know he's better than this, i would like him to have a good long run in the team next season...... I would like to see Mattock, chambers etc to be given a chance before we start spending money on "has beens"!! I did notice against Birmingham that Max Gradel was warming up with the squad, which i admire from worthington, giving some youth players a taste of the atmosphere and gently introducing them to the first team

worthington
douglas
hammond
de vries
hughes
tiatto
kenton
yeates
horsefield
maybury

logan
stearman
weslowski
mattock

you missed Hume out of the "lets get rids" list

I would also add logan and stearman to that list too, both about as much use as a chocolate frog sitting in an oven

Assuming we get the point we need etc, I think the maximum recruits for next season should be 8, with the midfield the area most in need of improvement. Anymore than 8 and the negative impact of so many changes could start to outway the benefits (as we've seen in the past).

I'd send the loan players packing (Horsefield, Yeates, Jarrett) with the possible exception of Newton depending on availability/price. I'd also offer NEJ a new 2 year deal. The others out of contract go - i.e. Cadamateri, Tiatto, Johnson.

I'd transfer list the following: Douglas, Henderson, Maybury, Hughes, Hammond and De Vries. Hopefully Dundee Utd might take some of these.

I'd keep the rest and add: One first team keeper. Five midfielders (four if Newton stays) and Two first team strikers (a target man and a poacher type).

I know this would leave our defence as it is now but I think managed properly, they are good enough to do the job.

Assuming we get the point we need etc, I think the maximum recruits for next season should be 8, with the midfield the area most in need of improvement. Anymore than 8 and the negative impact of so many changes could start to outway the benefits (as we've seen in the past).

I'd send the loan players packing (Horsefield, Yeates, Jarrett) with the possible exception of Newton depending on availability/price. I'd also offer NEJ a new 2 year deal. The others out of contract go - i.e. Cadamateri, Tiatto, Johnson.

I'd transfer list the following: Douglas, Henderson, Maybury, Hughes, Hammond and De Vries. Hopefully Dundee Utd might take some of these.

I'd keep the rest and add: One first team keeper. Five midfielders (four if Newton stays) and Two first team strikers (a target man and a poacher type).

I know this would leave our defence as it is now but I think managed properly, they are good enough to do the job.
#

About right IMO.

Anyone thinking that a load of our players are going to be 'sacked' or have their contracts paid up are going to be disappointed.

Players such as Stearman clearly aren't shite, they have shown they have ability and promise, I sometimes think that some of our fans almost hope our young players fail so they have another thing to moan about and stick the knife in.

No doubt if Mattock has a few bad games he'll be described as Stearman has been over the past few months.

Given some encouragement, luck with injuries and some dedication over the summer Dicky is the best right back (and if he ever fills out then he would be the best centre half) at the club.

Sounds like a plan! We definitely need to bolster the midfield and provide more competition up front.

worthington
douglas
hammond
de vries
hughes
tiatto
kenton
yeates
horsefield
maybury

logan
stearman
weslowski
mattock

Defo get rid of those twats you mentioned. But gotta admit i would get shut of Stearman cos i dont think he can improve enough.

Defo get rid of those twats you mentioned. But gotta admit i would get shut of Stearman cos i dont think he can improve enough.

I think it is too early to say. We need to see him play under a good coach/manager.

He doesn't need to improve - he needs to recapture form he has already shown

He's been woefully mismanaged, IMO - and he might be too fecked up in the head to get it back. But worth giving a try under a decent manager, just in case

And we cannot afford to just 'get rid' of a dozen or so players, much as we might like to, and it's unlikely we will recieve too many offers - so get used to having most of this squad around next year

If we can offload Douglas and Maybury I will be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670