Lincoln FLT

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did Bunsen Berner play?

The most exciting bit was when the teams got read out.

The worst bit was finding out how much better the Keith Weller Suite toilets are than those in the Kop. It's a bloody disgrace!

Tell you what's even more of a disgrace, you normally get a free programme and free tea/coffee in the Great Hall on matchdays but tonight you didn't. I reckon it's cos they let the riff-raff upgrade for free.:icon_razz

I was very well behaved thank you :icon_bigg

Not read all of the posts here but IMO last night was a job well done. It looked to me we went with the plan of "try to get a win with the least amount of energy expended" and although we had to do it through penalties I doubt any player (other than Gradel) feels like they had a game last night. I would much sooner that than win 4-0 and have key players more tired than needed on Saturday. I know it's only one extra game but IF we do get to the final that could be an extra 4-5 games in an already long season, and as most on here have said the league is most important.

Job well done, but a fricking boring game!

Correct Job Done, we won even if it was on peno's...a win is a win.

How did the players do last night...How did Weso play?

The worst bit was finding out how much better the Keith Weller Suite toilets are than those in the Kop. It's a bloody disgrace!

At least our Kop urinals are better than the West stand variety. Queued for ages at the ones in B1 only to find there was only space for about 10 blokes at a time. I suppose West standers have stronger bladders than Kopites.

Not read all of the posts here but IMO last night was a job well done.

Correct Job Done
There is a world of difference between a "job done" and a "job well done".

I didn't go last night, but it sounds far from "well done". I would say "well done" would be to score in the first few minutes and professionally hold on to the lead, and press forward if an opportunity should arise and completely boss the game without using any excessive energy.

I don't call desperately attacking the oppo goal and missing lots of chances "well done".

Spanky, you are right in that it is "job done", but why the f**k anybody needs that pointing out to them is beyond me.

Fact is we have now played complete shite for three games in a row, and it is more than a little worrying

And the fact that we couldn't beat Lincoln Shitty in the Pisspot Trophy just adds to the shame of being in the feckin' awful competition in the first place

Last edited:
Fact is we have now played complete shite for three games in a row, and it is more than a little worrying
It is worrying, but the fact that we are still picking up points is testament to how shit this league is.

We should be destroying these teams, but we aint. We are playing rubbish and muddling through, which is fine by me if we can do that all season. Can't see that happening though.

We have the ability to make teams look stupid in this league, and at times we have done. But as always, we give up.

But it is still early days, with a new young squad still forming and should we win our game in hand then we sit in an automatic promotion place.

It's all ok.

But it is still early days, with a new young squad still forming and should we win our game in hand then we sit in an automatic promotion place.

It's all ok.

But the only half-decent side we have played so far is Millwall, and they did us on our own muckheap

Everyone else has been a joke team IMO

If we look shite against them then just wait til we play Scunny, Oldham, Leeds and Carlisle

And the fact that we couldn't beat Lincoln Shitty in the Pisspot Trophy just adds to the shame of being in the feckin' awful competition in the first place

On the happy pills again Homer?:icon_bigg

Excuse me? I thought we got through to the next round. Maybe I dreamt it.

If we look shite against them then just wait til we play Scunny, Oldham, Leeds and Carlisle

We always raise our game against the 'better' teams.

Keep the faith homer :icon_wink

Personally I think people just got a bit carried away with our early displays when we were walking past crap teams. We will struggle against the better sides IMO.

Agree we need to be playing bettter and scoring, we have the ability to have games wrapped up by half time, and we need to make the most of this, I am worried that teams like leeds, scunny and oldham can **** us up easy

We have a game in hand over Colchester but i really dont see us winning that game unless we play super on saturday and well and truely beat hartlepool so we have that confidence to go beat colchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669