Lincoln FLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Personally I think people just got a bit carried away with our early displays when we were walking past crap teams. We will struggle against the better sides IMO.
Most of this league is crap. If we can muddle a draw or a any sort of victory against the "better" teams, we'll piss it.

Darth Vodka

can we get dirty, racist leeds next round?

at least then we might get some seats on bums

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Most of this league is crap. If we can muddle a draw or a any sort of victory against the "better" teams, we'll piss it.

I doubt we will though unfortunately, as proven by Millwall, who I doubt we be anything other than play off contenders at best.

Matt_B

Last night we didn't even put the clutch in let alone get near first gear. If we had played to our full potential we would have won easily.

Correct Melts we should have got the early goal first, and if Howard had scored the sitter he had (and Fryatt in the last minute) it would have been better.

The same people who moan we didn't win in normal time would still be moaning if we had and out players were more tired for Saturday, or injured.

Hazzman

I doubt we will though unfortunately, as proven by Millwall, who I doubt we be anything other than play off contenders at best.

Whilst agree with your verdict, Duzza. Confidence can make average players brilliant. I just hope we continue a strong start to the season and then come Xmas be positioned to be a team full of beans with the opportunity to make the play-offs at least.

I disagree with the opinion that this league is just shite. There are some poor teams in there (and we have played a few) but there has been some teams decent here. The likes of Brizzle City, Blackpool and Doncaster have all done well post-promotion from this division with little alteration in playing staff.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

homer

If we had played to our full potential we would have won easily.

Why do people say things like that ?

"If we had played like the Brazil team of 1970 then we would have won by twenty clear goals"

It's completely meaningless

We played like toss, and we couldn't beat a very, very poor League Two side

spionfox

Then why did we find ourselves relegated?

Obvious innit. Because there weren't enough 'better' teams in the Championship. We were playing crap teams all the time so failed to get results.

Do keep up old chap.

alex

It is a worry to a point; however I am also not surprised that our results away from home this season have been better than at Flumptypants Walkers. Teams will come to the Flumptypants and play their hearts out and defend like trojans. We have to break these down. IMO, we will far more than not which will be enough to take us up. Away from home, we can afford to let sides come at us such is our superiority at the back - and we have always got the chance of scoring the goals we need (ala L Orient).
I still think us & Leeds will go up in the auto places. That's all we need to do.

Dickovforengland!

and we have always got the chance of scoring the goals we need (ala L Orient).

We should have been out of sight of Orient by 30 minutes, despite Fryatt's goal and lob onto the cross bar he had a stinker with Howard I thought. He wasn't reading Howard's flick ons. DJ caused problems when he came on, my worry for this season is converting the chances.

Hopefully Dickov and Campbell can get on the score sheet in the league and start causing a bit more competition to start.

homer

Hopefully Dickov and Campbell can get on the score sheet in the league and start causing a bit more competition to start.

It might have helped if at least one of them had been in the side last night, in a completely meaningless practice game

Ridiculous decision to play the same two up front IMO

Yorkshire Vixen

it wouldve been a ridiculous decision if 1 or both had sustained injuries/suspensions, anyway time for martin to be dropped and henderson to be brought back

Real Sharapova

It might have helped if at least one of them had been in the side last night, in a completely meaningless practice game

Ridiculous decision to play the same two up front IMO

Dickov's out with a back injury ( that's the official line anyway, nod nod wink wink ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669