Post Match Liverpool 3 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no idea why this wasn't given. 100% stonewall penalty - moves his hand towards the ball.

Some of the decisions that have gone against us at Anfield in the last few seasons are beyond belief - Wes Morgan handball anyone?

£s

As I said in the other thread, it was passive, sloppy and lethargic. We set out with the same plan as against Man City and Arsenal, the most disappointing thing for me is that when it became apparent that wasn't working this time, Brendan didn't really have a plan B or even try to try something different.

I have no idea why this wasn't given. 100% stonewall penalty - moves his hand towards the ball.

Some of the decisions that have gone against us at Anfield in the last few seasons are beyond belief - Wes Morgan handball anyone?

Looked more like a pen than the one we got against Wolves.

That was the worst I've seen us play for a long long time. Pathetic display.

Massively off our game last night. Ho hum. Next game is Fulham. So hopefully we’ll bounce back. I thought Fofana was the least awful player on the pitch this evening. Thought Evans and Albrighton cost us the goals this evening - although I still think Albrighton is underrated on here. He’s had much better games.
bad all round. Shit happens!

Albrighton should never play at Anfield.

I gave up watching before 60 minutes was up. It was obvious we weren't at the races, for whatever reason, and were going to get nothing out of it. We had too many off their game, again, for whatever reason.

I wasn't even angry. It was what it was, all there before my eyes and only going one way. File under 'forget and move on'. Long way to go yet.

I'm struggling to see how Brendan has actualy changed our mentality against the big clubs. He's been getting rave reviews because this season we've managed a couple of results against them, but as far as I can tell we have used the same game plan of sitting ultra deep and letting them have their way.

The wins against Man City and Arsenal are being devalued by the form of those two clubs. The Arsenal game in particular was an epic showcase of us sitting back and letting the big boys play whilst we just watched, luckily Arsenal are absolutely horrific and haven't scored a goal in open play in over 500 hours of football.

I'm struggling to see what has actually changed other than we are arguably sharper on the ball. The system is still massively based on letting them play how they want and hoping they don't score.

I'm struggling to see how Brendan has actualy changed our mentality against the big clubs. He's been getting rave reviews because this season we've managed a couple of results against them, but as far as I can tell we have used the same game plan of sitting ultra deep and letting them have their way.

The wins against Man City and Arsenal are being devalued by the form of those two clubs. The Arsenal game in particular was an epic showcase of us sitting back and letting the big boys play whilst we just watched, luckily Arsenal are absolutely horrific and haven't scored a goal in open play in over 500 hours of football.

I'm struggling to see what has actually changed other than we are arguably sharper on the ball. The system is still massively based on letting them play how they want and hoping they don't score.
Completely agree.

We just turn up and pull our pants down.

One might even say that both Man City and Arsenal's recent form/results put our supposed tactical genius against them into another perspective. Both are suspect defensively and generally fragile.

Liverpool are in a different category altogether. We were perhaps naive enough to think the same tactic would work equally against them when, in fact, it just handed them the game.

Its all reasonably simple:

We've overperformed up til now in terms of results. We've had 8 penalties & the figures for everything else indicate we are creating very little from open play. So far we've just been converting a very high percentage of what we do manage to create. That's not sustainable long term. Yesterday was just an example of regression to the mean. Villa are experiencing exactly the same thing.

On the plus side, it'll happen to everyone else too. Chelsea can't defend, neither can Man City. Arsenal can't attack. Man U are crap at both & managed by a ****wit.

If Spurs revert to being Spurs then Liverpool will walk the league again this season.

Against that background if we can get injured players back & not lose too many more then bring in some cover in January there's no reason we can't make the CL places this time around if we sort out our attacking process. Everyone else is sub standard so far. We need to be the ones that kick on.

The next 3 league games are very winnable if we can get through these and get a couple of injured players back it will put us in a great place heading into Xmas and the new year.
Yes we were poor yesterday but look at it from this, Liverpool haven't lost at home in 64 games so it's not like we lost to a shit team everyone else also has to go to Anfield.
We are in the top 4 with 3 winnable games and our best players are coming back my glass is half full.

I think this season is going to be very similar to last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263