Post Match Liverpool 3 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget that Albrighton is our third choice right wingback, assuming we stick with this 3-4-3. He should never play, but when somebody has to, we're probably not going to get much better

Rodgers forgot to prepare the team
Evans forgot about the ball
Fofana forgot he was a defender
Tielemans forgot to get out of bed
Everyone else forgot you have to attack to have a chance of winning a game.

Let's all forget it and move on.

Albrighton should never play.
I agree
Harsh. He was poor yesterday but against teams less deadly than Liverpool (and that’s most sides) he can produce.
is it harsh, he has no brain just blindly whacking the ball into the box.

At one point yesterday he was 40 yards out from goal, Vardy wasn't even in the box and he crossed it blind but it was so bad Allisson caught the ball in his 6 yard box.

He has been a great servant for us but he is not much better than Gray and needs to follow him out the door. At least we know Gray is leave at the end of the season, no one will take Albrighton given the wages he is on

I find it difficult to be too critical of Albright on, not least because of the criticism I'm likely to receive for it! It's true, he has been a 'loyal servant' (TM, patent pending, etc) and he does give his all. He's done a job for us on many occasion, and a decent job too, but (you knew it was coming!) he is not the most gifted of footballers - and I can live with that, one takes other factors into account.

My main gripe is the 'brain-out' style of play he can descend in to. He stops thinking and just hoofs it. Almost in panic. As if he gets anxious under pressure and can't lift his head. (For comparison, Youri is a master of staying calm, of finding the simple ball even when his ankles are being nipped)

You can see when Albrighton's about to do it too. His shoulder drops, he turns and he just whacks the ball forwards - without looking. Sometimes he gets lucky, and sometimes he gives away possession. Over the years, I've seen him do it too often. Usually defensively from a fullback position, gifting possession to their midfield.

He's an excellent crosser of the ball and can get amazing whip and curl onto it, absolute buggers to defend, but defensively he gives me the jitters.

He's an excellent crosser of the ball and can get amazing whip and curl onto it, absolute buggers to defend, but defensively he gives me the jitters.
not anymore he's not, he used to do all that now he floats every cross blindly

Albrighton also out of position. Because he works hard people think he can defend. He’s one of the worst natural defenders I’ve ever seen.

It wasn’t the right game for him but I suspect the Castagne setback left us scrambling.

Albrighton only really makes sense in a 4-4-2. Anything else and he's being expected to do things that are not natural to him.

I've thought for a while that he'd suit Burnley.

And yet everyone was saying how great he was a couple of weeks ago.

Indeed. We were all full of praise for the back up players who have taken us through the Europa league and the PL up until now.

And we got found out yesterday because of having to play some back up players against of the best sides in the world. Albrighton clearly should be nowherere near playing right wing back against Liverpool. (Note the sky commentators never once mentioned this was a consequence of our injury crisis)

The back up players have proved they are good enough to do the cliched “shift” against certain teams and we shouldn’t underestimate the importance of that. We’re not at a stage where we can have 25 CL level players, and that’s why our injury crisis was always going to hurt us more than Liverpool

Interesting piece in the LM re bookings.

Liverpool committed 15 fouls in this match and got zero bookings. We committed 6 fouls for two bookings.

Overall this season, we have committed the second fewest fouls but have more yellow cards than any side (21 yellows from 88 fouls).

Far be it from me to indulge a conspiracy theory but this smacks a bit of the start of the 16/17 season when refs blew up against us for every little thing.

Kasper was at fault for the second as he was aggressive in his instructions telling Albrighton to get out to him.
Looking at the way he came over to Robertson it certainly looked like he'd had a rocket up his arse.
Well so I heard - but apperently true.

Liverpool committed 15 fouls in this match and got zero bookings. We committed 6 fouls for two bookings.
cuz Liverpool are obviously the better team. There must be some fouls-to-bookings stat across the league to reflect that.

Kasper was at fault for the second as he was aggressive in his instructions telling Albrighton to get out to him.
Looking at the way he came over to Robertson it certainly looked like he'd had a rocket up his arse.
Well so I heard - but apperently true.

No excuse for him to then make the kind of challenge that you wouldn’t expect a twelve year old to make.

He was (rightly ) sent out there to close down the obvious threat, as he was a mile behind where he should have been. He then ****ed it up like a complete twat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757