Local Football/Non-League Thread 2011-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Local Football/Non-League Thread 2010-11

Chesham vs Redditch abandoned as a Redditch player hit the ref.

The player had just pulled down a Chesham player in the box. Ref awarded penalty and showed him the red card. Hit ref in face, knocking him to the floor. Match abandoned. Sacked by club and later arrested by police.

I would think that Josh McKenzie wishes he had stayed in bed yesterday.

Last edited:

I went Barrow-Rushall. 318 in attendance, triple the biggest crowd of the season.

The difference in quality was very wide. Barrow had probably three at most who could go up higher. Rushall must have brought a good ton of their own fans. Rather nice in sunshine, you could have a drink whilst watching too.

It's normally this stage where the very small teams of non-league get knocked out. They come against opponents who are properly semi-pro and thereby a lot fitter. I remember seeing Oadby take a 8-0 tanking versus Nuneaton (who when winning a peno gave the goalie to take which was a bit of a wanker thing to do).

Shame Leek will be on a Tuesday

When does "Local Football" become non local football?
What actually constitutes local football?
Walking distance? Short bike ride or 10 minutes in the car? or....?

When does "Local Football" become non local football?
What actually constitutes local football?
Walking distance? Short bike ride or 10 minutes in the car? or....?

Local meaning local to the poster I would say but also local to the Leicestershire area as most of the TBers live in or come from that area.

FA Cup Fourth Round Qualifying day today
here are the results

Hinckley United need to win the replay with Darlington on Tuesday night to get through to the F A Cup 1st round the draw for which is tomorrow which you can see live here or even I gather on Facebook

Local meaning local to the poster I would say but also local to the Leicestershire area as most of the TBers live in or come from that area.

FA Cup Fourth Round Qualifying day today
here are the results

On at the moment. They just showed part of that gaame where we neaarly lost to Leatherhead.

Hinckley United need to win the replay with Darlington on Tuesday night to get through to the F A Cup 1st round the draw for which is tomorrow which you can see live here or even I gather on Facebook

On at the moment. They just showed part of that gaame where we nearly lost to Leatherhead.

Last edited:

Hinkley 2-0 up against Darlington, on their way to the first round by the looks of it.

Hinckley 3-0 FT

Just stumbled across this

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=78563

Evo-Stik League Division One South side Quorn have announced the appointment of Lawrie Dudfield as their new manager.

Dudfield (pictured) and his assistant, Calum Osbourne, take charge of their first training session this evening (Tuesday).

Dudfield has played for a number of clubs, including Kettering Town, Leicester City, Hull City, Northampton Town, Notts County, Southend United and Boston United, and had loan spells with Lincoln City and Chesterfield.

He left Blue Square Bet North side Boston United a short time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00