Local Football/Non-League Thread 2011-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Local Football/Non-League Thread 2010-11

Watch non-League lose a second Northamptonshire club in a season, both last seen in the same home stadium.

Players not being paid, players having hissy fits on Twitter and threatening to fans, money thrown away on players who can't play by a (now sacked) manager who couldn't fire up a copy of FM11, groundsman's contract unpaid so he's walked out on the club...

...and a maveric Chairman who promises gold and delivers a half-eaten box of chocolates with just the coconut ones left. And hasn't been contactable by any of the playing staff or management.

Football's never dull, eh?!

Last edited:

Watch non-League lose a second Northamptonshire club in a season, both last seen in the same home stadium.

Players not being paid, players having hissy fits on Twitter and threatening to fans, money thrown away on players who can't play by a (now sacked) manager who couldn't fire up a copy of FM11, groundsman's contract unpaid so he's walked out on the club...

...and a maveric Chairman who promises gold and delivers a half-eaten box of chocolates with just the coconut ones left. And hasn't been contactable by any of the playing staff or management.

Football's never dull, eh?!

I don't mind coconut really, It's more the fruit creams that offend me, are they still available?

Highly unlikely.

Especially now the manager has broken the truth this afternoon.

Don't worry Mawsley. When I win the lottery, I will buy Kettering Town and immediately move them to a 5,000 capacity stadium within the town centre. The stadium will include a massive terraced end, the kit will be changed to Red/Black quarters and the manager will be my Dad.

A load of utter tripe, post after post of insults.

The man is having an online meltdown as a result of his bitch of a girlfriend, shit mates, failed career, over-hyped belief in his non-existent abilities, having to live away from his 'niggaz', failure to score against abysmal defences, pugilistic tendencies and an on-pitch scrap with the club's favourite player. Tag on the fact that the club won't let him leave, are only paying him a % of his salary and that he didn't even want to start the season - bam!

All in all he's a bit of an internet cock...but he does go along to support the kids' team and can be pleasant one-2-one. Diamonds fans, without a team to support, have suddenly sussed that he has no ability to take a joke and are weighing into him...with predictable results.

If I could find someone to offer odds I'd lay a tenner he commits a serious criminal offence before the end of the season.

What a knob, Ill be transfer listing him on FM12 now...

Last edited:

Don't worry Mawsley. When I win the lottery, I will buy Kettering Town and immediately move them to a 5,000 capacity stadium within the town centre. The stadium will include a massive terraced end, the kit will be changed to Red/Black quarters and the manager will be my Dad.

Hazz you might get a game at Kettering this weekend looking at this

Poppies chairman Imraan Ladak believes as many as 10 players could leave Nene Park by Thursday's loan deadline.

That would leave Stimson short of options for Saturday's Blue Square Bet Premier visit of Grimsby.

"If 10 go, it does put us under extreme pressure to fill the side on Saturday,"

Moses Ashikodi mentioned in this thread has moved to York City and Adam Cunnington has already left the club as well.

I love this bit

Ladak had already highlighted his frustration with the current squad.

On Wednesday he told the Kettering Evening Telegraph: "It has now got to the point where I am not willing to supplement the players' wages for what they give us.

"Four or five should be going in the next 24 hours and another four or five will be in the 24 hours after that.

"They have decided to fight with each other and lunge in and try to injure other players. They have decided not to train hard enough, not eat the right foods and go out at night. It's their fault and I am not willing to pay their money and the football club can't."

So Mawsley will Kettering go under do you reckon.

Last edited:

Transfer-in embargo muted as of tomorrow.
Verma, Marna and Kelly left today (for my money the only three players worth a shit).
Businesses unpaid, reported £1000 a day ground costs - no chance of walk-up sales, fewer ST holders prepared to turn up by the hour.

Saturday will see the club attempt to field a team which may well consist mainly of youth squad players from Moulton College - gamblers might like to slop money onto the largest ever defeat in Conference history.

The future looks bleaker than a Jarndyce and Jarndyce lawsuit.

So what's the best odds for Grimsby on Saturday? First one I looked at was 1.61 at #####, would you say that's pretty good? Might do a Conference double with Gateshead as I'm planning to finally go there on Saturday (although that would be stupid as they're playing Fleetwood, currently second).

Last edited by a moderator:

So what's the best odds for Grimsby on Saturday? First one I looked at was 1.61 at #####, would you say that's pretty good? Might do a Conference double with Gateshead as I'm planning to finally go there on Saturday.

They're playing a team with no players - it's not a question of 'will they win?' but 'how many are they going to bury?'.

It's money in the bag...providing Poppies manage to scramble a team together to ensure the match goes ahead. Training this week was attended by four players.

Last edited by a moderator:

They're playing a team with no players - it's not a question of 'will they win?' but 'how many are they going to bury?'.

It's money in the bag...providing Poppies manage to scramble a team together to ensure the match goes ahead. Training this week was attended by four players.

OK then, £30 on Grimsby winning by two goals or more at 2.80. I'll be happy for Kettering though if they heroically manage to get something from it so it's a win win. :) (unless it's 0-1, in which case it's a lose lose situation).

OK then, £30 on Grimsby winning by two goals or more at 2.80. I'll be happy for Kettering though if they heroically manage to get something from it so it's a win win. :) (unless it's 0-1, in which case it's a lose lose situation).

Who's that with? I'll happily slog all of someone's salary onto that rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00