Local Football/Non-League Thread 2011-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Local Football/Non-League Thread 2010-11

I'm at Gateshead v Kettering. 1-1 at the moment. There will be more goals.

Enjoy it?

What were the Kettering kiddies like? The Norwich lad is pretty special at this level.

Enjoy it?

What were the Kettering kiddies like? The Norwich lad is pretty special at this level.

Kettering were better than I was expecting and they seemed to have a decent spirit. The first goal was a very good shot from outside the area.

In the first half all Gateshead had to do to create a chance was play a ball beyond the Kettering central defence, the defenders were outpaced every time. I think two of Gateshead's goals came directly from that tactic and it could have been more with better finishing and better first touches by Gateshead players.
Kettering improved in the second half and had a few chances to equalise, but 3-2 was probably a fair result. The disallowed 'equaliser' in stoppage time was definitely offside.

...they seemed to have a decent spirit.

The effect of a solid chanting-for-90mins home support and a decent manager. It really is like watching real football again after so many seasons of bland shit at the Walkers.

Should get a good crowd for that. But with Luton putting importance on getting promoted they may field a reserve/youth type squad so Hinckley may have a good chance of getting through.

Bailiffs entered Rockingham Road this morning, changed the locks and placed notice of forfeiture on the property.

The Trust have been paying the Chairman rent on the clubhouse but he's not been paying the ground rent. All Trust and youth team property is now locked away from those who own it.

Imraan Ladak is a ****.

Bailiffs entered Rockingham Road this morning, changed the locks and placed notice of forfeiture on the property.

The Trust have been paying the Chairman rent on the clubhouse but he's not been paying the ground rent. All Trust and youth team property is now locked away from those who own it.

Imraan Ladak is a ****.

Genuine question Mawsley - How does this affect Kettering Town as a club? I understand that it could affect the property belonging to the youth team and trust (as per your post), but does this have any knock on effect on the senior side as they now play at Nene Park?

Edit - BTW I'm not downplaying the seriousness of it if it doesn't affect the senior side, I'm just interested.

Last edited:

Genuine question Mawsley - How does this affect Kettering Town as a club? I understand that it could affect the property belonging to the youth team and trust (as per your post), but does this have any knock on effect on the senior side as they now play at Nene Park?

Edit - BTW I'm not downplaying the seriousness of it if it doesn't affect the senior side, I'm just interested.

At the moment they are exercising a lien on all property belonging to Kettering Town Management Ltd. based on the non-payment of rent this season to the owner of Rockingham Road. The bailiffs have also visited Nene Park looking for property.

By all accounts Kettering as a club have failed to pay a number of people this season including the company looking after the grounds and Southend Manor after the FA Cup tie. I would speculate that Ladak has been riding the bus of hope, aiming to cover costs on the tiny income with a view to a lucky windfall that would fund the season and pay him some of his "investment" back. A piss poor season, low crowds and being dumped out of the FA Cup crapped on that plan.

He's tried to sell the club but it holds no value and he is asking a stupid amount. He has been roundly laughed at as buyers walked out the door again having looked at the books. He is refusing to do the only decent thing which may save the club and give it away, writing off the £250,000 he claims he is owed.

Rumour has it that he is tapped out for cash and this is his last iron in the fire. He hasn't noticed that the fire is almost out and the iron was made of chocolate-covered shit.

This is the last season Kettering Town will exist as a football club unless it gets into admin quick and Roger Ashby's consortium can take it over for a quid. Even then, I don't believe football is sustainable at Nene Park without a sugar daddy (like Max Griggs, Doc Martens) bailing it out...the costs associated with running the place are simply far, far too high.

Sadly, everything happening now was predicted by a sizeable number of supporters who opposed the move to Irthlingborough but weren't listened to. Not an occasion for shouting out 'I told you so' but you have to hope that other clubs look at what happened to R&D and now the Poppies and cut their cloth accordingly.

Imraan Ladak is a ****.

BBC report

.............the Supporters' Trust had still been using the on-site social club.

"It's upsetting, to be honest," Trust chairman Mark Severn told BBC Radio Northampton.

"Things weren't right at the club, so we'd had a discussion to be prepared for any eventuality. But we didn't realise it'd happen in 24 hours."

Severn added:"It's very disappointing - we have some of our stock in there.

We've [been having] social events, race nights for fundraising and various private events. We felt it was important, when the upheaval occurred in the summer, that we had a base in Kettering for Kettering supporters.
The beers are not on Mr Ladak that's for sure.

Kettering get smashed by Luton. They only had 2 subs, both being used.

Ladak is now refusing to pay for a coach so all the players had to make their own way there. Youth team players were given the day off because they don't have cars or driving licences.

One player couldn't take to the pitch because he'd lost his shirt.

Non-League Paper announces today that Ladak has done some kind of deal to get another two of the biggest shitheads in Non-league football to join him at the club.

Get ready for a East Northants Alliance of Town Diamonds FC makeover soon...

You could make it up but you'd then thrown your words into the bin because you'd reckon it would be the kind of shit Superscout would write. ****ing ridiculous run of events.

Funny how football works I watched Mark Cooper's last game as Kettering manager as they saw off Cambridge easy at the Abbey Stadium. They were top and he went onto become Peterborough manager. A lot of water under the bridge from then onwards.

The Heed could be the only North East team in the BSBP shortly as Darlo, unsurprisingly, are looking ****ed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69