London Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see the text i sent the BBC it said "good luck LeeH form everyone at Talkingballs.co.uk" they put it i saw it at about 9:15 :038::038::038::038::038:
Aww, bless you!!

If I hadn't been queuing for the bogs, I would have seen it on the big screen! One frigging hour! For the bog! I should have peed in the gutter en route....

Thanks everyone for the good luck messages and sponsorship. It makes the whole thing worthwhile! I finished in 4hrs 20mins, with my toenails intact! My sanity on the other hand....

Plus points -
The crowd, amazing support! There were bands, pubs were playing music on loud speakers, the old dears handing out jelly babies, the little kids wanting to high five the runners, fantastic.

Finishing - it makes going out and running in the freezing cold, on a Sunday morning with a hangover, well worth the effort.
Apart from the lack of loos, the event was well organised, and the support staff were great.

Other runners - I started the race with a new friend, although she dropped off after 7 or 8 miles. I hope she finished inside her target; she managed to raise £2,500 for a little known charity who work with under privileged kids in the UK. The two guys from Aylestone in the bright orange vests. Many others doing a great job out there.

Passing Floella Benjamin at 5 miles. And finding out she's shorter than me! :icon_eek:

Negative points (because there were some...)
Members of the crowd shouting "not far to go" when there are still 5 miles left. That's 42mins for me when I haven't had to run 21 beforehand. I know you meant well, and in the bigger scheme of things, you were right, but the thought of another 50mins at that point is not what I wanted to hear!!

The stupid old woman, who thought it would be a good idea to try to cross a road in the Isle of Dogs in the middle of the marathon and almost send me flying.

The stupid bloke who decided to walk after 23 miles, and move off to the side, almost sending me flying. I could have finished in under 4hrs 20 if it wasn't for you.

Stupid people who say that they are going to run quicker than they ever realistically were going to. I could have finished in under 4hrs 20 if it wasn't for you.

Scarbs - despite the negative points, I would still say do this marathon, if you aren't bothered about a time. I would hate to have done this on my own, like with the Leicester Marathon which has 200 runners, most of whom are club runners. I am so proud of myself!

I would feel happier if I hadn't been overtaken by a Womble. :icon_redf

If it was BG passing you then you would have something to worry about:icon_bigg

Well done anyway:038::038:

Btw a chap from my workplace was running. To think i had to sponsor a Cov fan:icon_roll

Well done Lisa....:038::038::038::038::038:

**** off BB..............:018::icon_bigg

Last week I was asked about putting my name forward for the 2009 run. You've just inspired me to do it Lee. Cheers ( I think...;))

Seems I have to wait until October to find out whether I've got a place.
Let you know the outcome.....

Scarbs - despite the negative points, I would still say do this marathon, if you aren't bothered about a time. I would hate to have done this on my own, like with the Leicester Marathon which has 200 runners, most of whom are club runners. I am so proud of myself!

i am up for up, every year for the past few years i see the say i want to do it, its one of my lifes ambitions to do at least ten London Marathons so i better start soon.

Well done Lee, your a star:038:

Thanks everyone. I had a top half finish!! Over 35,500 starters as well!

Position (overall) 16872
Position (gender) 3365
Position (age group) 675
Finish time 4:20
cracking stuff :038: i bet that 101 year old didn't have much competition in his age group...

I ate 26 and a half Marathons as a mark of respect this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669