Loosing Faith??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe501

I am starting to loose the faith, so here are my thoughts, make of them what you will...

We have committed the most amount of fouls in the league. We have had 4 players sent off, and this is getting worse as it has been 3 sent off in the last 4 games. If you play for a club and you know you are going to get a right bollocking if you get sent off, you are not going to scream at the referee, or do stupid things like Maybury did against QPR.

The club captain is Danny Tiatto. WHY??? He has only appeared in 12 games, so that means constant swapping of the armband between Kisnorbo, Maybury, De Vries and Dublin. This will not make the team feel comfortable. Look at the successful teams of the last 5 years; Man Utd had Keane, Arsenal had Veira, Chelsea now have John Terry. All of these teams had a captain who was always going to start. Leicester City do not. Why not make someone who leads by example like Gudjonsson captain, or someone with a voice in the team like McCarthy. Both these players are pretty much guaranteed a place in the starting line up because of their performances. Making an inconsistent player who does not keep his position and is sent off or booked all the time is not a good decision.

We have a more than capable squad. But it is chopped and changed all the time. When we had the same back four playing for four games, we only conceded once. Then the manager publicly slated one of those players (Johansson) for underperforming, even though the manager had decided to play that person out of position.

Tiatto is suddenly thrust into the first team for an important match against Millwall, where players like Hammill or Hughes deserve that place more.

This team is CAPABLE of beating any team in this division. This is shown by the 4-2 win against Sheff Utd. We have quality players like Smith, Hughes, Williams, Maybury, McCarthy, Gudjonsson, Gerrbrand and Hume. Only a few of these players are performing to the best of their ability.

A better manager could be capable of sorting out Williams’ attitude, and get Maybury performing like he can perform.

A better manager would not allow Sylla to play almost every game if Sylla shows that attitude. A better manager would give him a kick up the arse, if CL has done this he obviously isn’t hard enough, because Sylla is still putting in the lacklustre performances, and still playing.

Perhaps a better manager could install that burst of confidence into Hume and Hammond so that they can play like they did in that match against Sheffield.

Maybe a better, braver manager would drop Rab Douglas?

Come to think of it, we are consistent, in the wrong way. We will have a player sent off every other match. We will start the game promisingly. We will concede first. We only show character when we are loosing.

We could not beat Luton, QPR, Brighton, Burnley, Watford, Crewe and Millwall at home. We were unlucky at some points, but we should be beating them.

In the 0-0 draw with Cardiff last year in the game before CL took over, we were 14th. We are now 20th.

The team that day was:

Pressman

Makin
Elliott
Heath
Stewart

Scowcroft
Nalis
Gemmill
Tiatto

Dublin
Connolly

The only players in that starting line up that I would swap with a player in the starting line up today would be Connolly for Hammond, and possibly Stewart for Tiatto.

This shows CL has built a decent team, but I am starting to wonder if he is capable of getting results. In one year, we are in a worse position than we are now. We have played 2 of the worst teams in the championship this month, and have only managed a 1-1 draw with them both, and we conceded first each time.

I know I am feeling negative after this game but I am beginning to loose the faith at the moment. CL seems too nervous and feeble for me, every time we loose it is ‘oh we were unlucky’ yes we have been unlucky on occasions but you need to take responsibility that you have not got the result you should have done Craig, not hide behind excuses and other players.

There seems to be no organisation or purpose when we play and I am starting to wonder whether a change of personnel is needed to strike a bit of life into the team, or we could be looking at joining F*rest next year...

Last edited:
Yes, the essence of the situation seems to be that Levein is ok at carrying out 'managerial' strategies for re-forming a squad ...and credit to him for that. Unfortunately, its apparant by now that he does not have the personality to inspire or frighten players nor the tactical nouse necessary at this level.

But as i have asked before - where is a better replacement coming from?

Redditch Fox said:
But as i have asked before - where is a better replacement coming from?

that is a fair comment
but a manager would prefer to join now with the january window coming up rather than looking for a adequate replacement febuary/march time if we are still underperforming

Last edited:
Yep, I think getting a manger in after January is the worst solution because that means he's stuck with CL's squad (which does have talented players, but all managers want to at least bring a couple of their own players in). The problem is, if we give CL til January then he can bring in a couple of players and they may turn us around. However, if they don't then it means we've lost the money and a new gaffer couldn't bring anyone else in.

I don't go with the whole "who else could we get" thing because, while I don't actually know who to suggest that could take over, we've got a team of talented players and there must be a decent enough manager out there somewhere to at least get them performing a bit better and at least motivate them more, and save us from League 1!

I'm not sure whether Levein should be sacked now or not. I think if he resigned I'd be happy because at least the club doesn't have to pay anything and it solves a difficult problem of should we get rid or not.. But actually sacking him means paying him money then probably paying money to take a manager from another club... I dunno whether he should go now or not, but if we go into the relegation zone AT ALL, even if it's just for a day, he should be out, because then nobody can deny we are in very real relegation danger.

Shame George Burley has already gone to Southampton, although I don't know if he would've come here anyway.

im losing faith. as has already been said the table does not lie at this stage in the season. i was against getting a new manager simply because i struggle to think who it would be and the upheavel isnt a good thing. however in beggining to think a new approach from a fresh manager may give us the kick start we need. although we all know this isnt always the case (Levein) its just frustrating to watch this, and although weve become consistent (at not getting good results) id love a change to occur.

The faith has gone here.

We are simply not winning enough football matches and I am sorry but that is the be all and end all.

You can play as well as you like, have as many talented young players as you like but you need to win enough games to compete and win games now to have a future for tomorrow.

I like what Levein has done with the squad but the results arent happening and there is a real prospect of relegation.

I really feel terrible to say it but maybe its time for a change.......

Graz said:
Shame George Burley has already gone to Southampton, although I don't know if he would've come here anyway.

Yes, even tho' Southampton got hammered to-day, it looks like they will have a powerful managerial team.

In normal times we are a comparable club to Southampton, and yet i doubt if George Burley would have come here - if he could have been attracted then i think it would have been a shrewd move.

Even if we wanted to do could we afford to sack CL pay his contract up and then pay another Club compensation for their Manager? I doubt it.
On a seperate note Burley may well prove a success at Soton but quite what Woodward is doing there I have no idea,some where along the line he is going to interfere in Team mattters and there will be trouble...you mark my words.

highland fox said:
Even if we wanted to do could we afford to sack CL pay his contract up and then pay another Club compensation for their Manager? I doubt it.
On a seperate note Burley may well prove a success at Soton but quite what Woodward is doing there I have no idea,some where along the line he is going to interfere in Team mattters and there will be trouble...you mark my words.

Espically with Burley turning up pissed at training session and shagging players daughters/wives.

highland fox said:

I think that your first point is very likely to be the case. My gut feeling is that
the club is desparately keen for Levein to turn things round not least because of the financial implications of making a change. That's why I think that the crunch will come at the end of this season when they will have to face up to trying to sell STs against a grim background.

On your second point, you would think that this would be the case. But its possible that dynamic tensions between Burley and Woodward could just prove positive. The point I was making is that whatever the reservations, they seem to have quality people and without being disrespectful to Levein, I don't think he has that sort of quality.

dont think levein should be sacked, however he needs to make some big (and good) decisions over the next few games - douglas has to be dropped, the central midfield has to be sorted out, we looked so much better with williams on the pitch, thinking a joey-williams/hughes partnership is the way to go, think in january a left back of some description has to be brought in - i think that is more of a concern than getting a striker at present

Redditch Fox said:
I think that your first point is very likely to be the case.

Well you could you please explain it to the ones who appear to be living in Cloud Cuckoo Land with the ''We should get Newell'' ''Coppell would be good for us'' ''How about Martin Allen'' comments.We are without a 'Pot to Piss in' if CL is to be axed then he will be replaced with an appointment from within the Club i.e Kelly,Dublin...IMO.

Country Fox said:
dont think levein should be sacked, however he needs to make some big (and good) decisions over the next few games - douglas has to be dropped, the central midfield has to be sorted out, we looked so much better with williams on the pitch, thinking a joey-williams/hughes partnership is the way to go, think in january a left back of some description has to be brought in - i think that is more of a concern than getting a striker at present

I don't want him out either but I do understand the views of some of those who do.However I do ask them the Question who,taking into account our Finance restraints,do they believe could do better?

highland fox said:
I don't want him out either but I do understand the views of some of those who do.However I do ask them the Question who,taking into account our Finance restraints,do they believe could do better?

Its a tricky question and because of that it will probably save CL for now. I dont care who is in charge along as its someone who can galvanise the team better as CL is proving about as inspirational as a wet lettuce.

Hazzman said:
Lossing Faith?? It's feckin Football, its supposed up and down.

It's Leicester City Football Club, we will beat Reading on Wednesday.

Im with you on this one. Think we win, draw and lose the next three respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669