Loosing Faith??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrysalis said:
Newell who would be hard to get or penney from doncaster who we should be able to get it if we act fast. He probably wouldnt join in march/april if we in the bottom 3 but if we went for him before the middle of jan I think he would join.

And this time next year if we aren't in the top half of the Table would you then want Penney sacked? How long does he get?

Chrysalis said:
I await your reasoning or is it you "just cant see it"

Because he isn't worth a Million pounds IMO.Look at the midfielders Man City have Barton,Reyna,Sibierski,Ireland,Croft do you honestly believe Pearce will pay 1 million for a Championship Reserve player do you think he iis better than what they already have?Man City don't need him,especially not for 1 million,however I hope you are right and we do get a Million for him.
I do agree with you though that he isn't played in his correct place for us but I don't think there is a place for him in a CL Leicester City side,he just isn't a Levein style player.I remember reading months ago that CL etc were trying to change Williams into a 'box to box' player...never going to happen IMO

Last edited:
i think it was micky adams who wanted to turn williams into a box to box type player, IMO he would probably do better in the prem than the championship - hes a talented player but has never seemed up for the frantic scrap that is central midfield in the championship where commitment counts for a lot more than in the prem
in the premiership his technical skill would stand him in good stead and his somehwat laid back attitude wouldnt be such a hindrance - with really classy players around him it doesnt matter so much if he isnt fighting for every ball provided he can produce 1 or 2 defence splitting passes a game. i can well believe man city would offer a considerable sum for him, not necessarily 7 figures but a pretty big wedge.

only way i can see him doing well for us on a regular basis is as part of a 3 man midfield so he can let the other 2 run round after the ball leaving him free to be a solely creative player

Chrysalis said:
They will dig into their own pockets if it avoids league one football next year, believe me if you think we are in financial trouble now then you are in for a shock if we get relegated. Their are strong romours linking williams with a move to man city for a 7 figure sum that alone would pay for the switch, we have players who are worth money its just a matter of which are chosen to go or it might be the case that because we have a money spinner against spurs and the extra million from connolly is almost garantueed now we have more cash then you think.

Sorry mate you do talk some trash, it is quite obvious you have never run your own business, and all your reasoning comes from the fustration of seeing your team go down the shitter. The directors will not dig into their pockets, since admin this board has been set up so as no one single person can take absolute control of the club. Putting money in for transfers etc would bring someone to a point where they could assume control as their stakeholding would grow.
As we have said the gamble is to stick by CL, if we go down we go down and yes there would be financial problems, but which manager will take over as from now and say that we will not go down under any circumstances? None spring to mind.
The situation at the moment does not look good, short term, but there are a hell of a lot of other clubs in this division in a worse state than us.

Boy Genius said:
The situation at the moment does not look good, short term, but there are a hell of a lot of other clubs in this division in a worse state than us.

Good post BG, however just on this little bit, there isnt that many below us though is there and I think that is where the fustration comes from, we should be a lot higher, not challenging for promotion but certainly in and around the top half.

My concern is that if we battle and scrap to survive this season, the better players in the squad, the likes of Stearman, Maybury, McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Hughes, Joey and Hume are hardly likely to hang around, now whilst they are part and parcel of what is a squad performing well below it's potential, I think most would agree that all of these are excellent players who could probably get into most championship sides and even the odd bottom half premiership side, if these better players were to leave and that is a real possibility if we cannot show signs of realising their ambitions, they will be off and we really would be in the shite then.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Good post BG, however just on this little bit, there isnt that many below us though is there and I think that is where the fustration comes from, we should be a lot higher, not challenging for promotion but certainly in and around the top half.

My concern is that if we battle and scrap to survive this season, the better players in the squad, the likes of Stearman, Maybury, McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Hughes, Joey and Hume are hardly likely to hang around, now whilst they are part and parcel of what is a squad performing well below it's potential, I think most would agree that all of these are excellent players who could probably get into most championship sides and even the odd bottom half premiership side, if these better players were to leave and that is a real possibility if we cannot show signs of realising their ambitions, they will be off and we really would be in the shite then.

Its not just the teams below us who are worse off, there are a few above us too, teams who are capable of break up any minute.
The seven players you mention are not on the short term MA contracts as before, so if they do go we should get money for them. Taking that one step further when did we have a player staying say 5 years with us recently?
I dont like it, but its a reality of following Leicester that eventually most of the good players do move on. Incidentally I have been told that Joey is or has discussed an extension to his existing contract, he is not interested in moving on as his family is settled. ( but we have heard that before have we not?)

highland fox said:
And this time next year if we aren't in the top half of the Table would you then want Penney sacked? How long does he get?

I would reasses him next christmas and if we are mid table or higher allow him to keep going.

Boy Genius said:
Sorry mate you do talk some trash, it is quite obvious you have never run your own business, and all your reasoning comes from the fustration of seeing your team go down the shitter. The directors will not dig into their pockets, since admin this board has been set up so as no one single person can take absolute control of the club. Putting money in for transfers etc would bring someone to a point where they could assume control as their stakeholding would grow.
As we have said the gamble is to stick by CL, if we go down we go down and yes there would be financial problems, but which manager will take over as from now and say that we will not go down under any circumstances? None spring to mind.

You wrong about the business part I am afraid, the new rules for the clubs forbids them in having a large stake in the club but it doesnt forbid them from 'donating' money. Also I mentioned towards the end of the post this may not even be needed since 2 events have happened that have created unexpected income, the spurs televised cup game and the sale of connolly for a big profit with wigan staying up to make it even bigger.

Chrysalis said:
Their are strong romours linking williams with a move to man city for a 7 figure sum that alone would pay for the switch
As with HF, I cannot believe Man City would pay £1m, but even if they did, remember F*rest would get a cut.

beaumontfox said:
or to make sure he gets a move next month...:icon_roll

talknig to a couple of stewards at Monday's match and they asked me if i'd heard the Man City rumour.

Obviously.

Do you remember how those players with the ridiculous give away/ get out clauses put on a show as soon as we were relegated from the premiership? Exactly the same story here.

Williams came here because he thought he was too good for the Forest and wants away from here because he thinks he is too good for Leicester.

Very straight forward situation.

His value - really difficult to assess because he would be bought on the hunch that he would be motivated to play in the higher division. On form, his value IMO is about 250k; on potential possibly two or three times that sum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00