Loosing Faith??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy Genius said:
I am certain a lot of people go to the matches hoping for a bad result, just so as they can moan and moan.....feckers :018:

I don't. I don't spend time and money on following LCFC all over the country in hope of defeat :018:

DurhamFox said:
I don't. I don't spend time and money on following LCFC all over the country in hope of defeat :018:

I don't believe that You are one of the constant whingers DF,you are just concerned as to where your Club is going.

You miserable,gloom spreading fecker:)

interesting stuff................id leave things as they are we need continuity not more upheaval :icon_roll

webmaster said:
I wasn't drawing comparisons between Levein and O'Neill. I was comparing the fans now, and the fans then.(QUOTE)

Touche.

(QUOTE = webmaster)

Give him until the end of the season - and I hope people like RF don't take their seemingly permantent negativity to matches, we need to support the team, not get on their backs, getting on the players backs doesn't usually make them play better.

I think I have consistently posted that he should be given till the end of the season. But, this was on the premise that although I think he's not good enough for this club (nothwithstanding the reduced aspirations of many supporters) that there was no serious danger of relegation and also that there is no obvious available replacement. Then , in the summer,-as you know -I'd like to see someone come in with a bit more about them. Regretably, we are approaching the point where a change may become inevitable before then.

However, it would not amaze me if we beat Reading. I've seen this sort of shock result so many times in the fixture crowded festive season. Then we can all (me included) be happy for a few days!

DurhamFox said:

I didn't say you did I? :icon_roll Or are you feeling guilty?:confused: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Seriously there are a lot of moaning feckers who do go, who know feck all about football, field positioning and styles of play. FFS I have even heard them moan when we do a string of passes to keep possession.... tossers!!!!

Boy Genius said:
I didn't say you did I? :icon_roll Or are you feeling guilty?:confused: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Seriously there are a lot of moaning feckers who do go, who know feck all about football, field positioning and styles of play. FFS I have even heard them moan when we do a string of passes to keep possession.... tossers!!!!

Thats a major gripe of mine, I am convinced nobody in that stadium wants to see good football. As soon as we knock it around at the back (including when we are winning) they just demand it to be ounted forward. Like you say - tossers!!!!

Boy Genius said:

i do get frustrated when we pass it back and forward across the box, all too often we get pushed back to the half way line or worse our keeper. sometimes i would like them to get the ball in the box earlier.

DurhamFox said:
Thats a major gripe of mine, I am convinced nobody in that stadium wants to see good football. As soon as we knock it around at the back (including when we are winning) they just demand it to be ounted forward. Like you say - tossers!!!!

I think some balance has to be struck.

In general, the way to get promoted is through fairly direct and physical football i.e. 'English' football.

If promoted there is generally some major re-think in terms of both personnel and style. The reason being that the wide gap between the premiership and the rest. For example, yesterday's Arsenal team contained just one UK born player.

DurhamFox said:
The support seems split 50/50. foxestalk have a well attended poll currently showing 26 in favour of him going and 26 in favour of him staying. Interesting times ahead.

Now it is :

Code:
Levein Out?
Yes 	[ 34 ] 	** [49.28%]
No 	[ 35 ] 	** [50.72%]

Steven said:
Now it is :

Code:
Levein Out?
Yes     [ 34 ]     ** [49.28%]
No     [ 35 ]     ** [50.72%]

and still rising

seems to be fairly consistently split down the middle.

IMO, despite the disappointments, it would be madnes to get rid of CL at this stage. He has to have the season at the very least, only my opinion of course.

Steven said:
It is all true, and ultimately it will come done to the question of whether you think it will be a bigger gamble to remain with CL than it will be to get a new man in. :102: :icon_sad: ;) The gamble is about finance.. Which scenario causes the least damage. :102:

Changing the manager is cheaper then relegation without a doubt, its a gamble I think the board are scared off is if we change manager and still get relegated. I however think if we keep craig we are more then likely to be relegated yet if we get someone like penney from doncaster who we should be able to get with a lowish salary and allow him the jan window to make his changes we should avoid relegation. sorry but I dont think allowing a manager to get us relegation and hoping for us to get promoted the year after is considered as rebuilding, that isnt quite working out for forest at current who are not in a playoff position.

highland fox said:
So you are in two minds then about sacking Levein.....:icon_wink .Who would you like to see in his place out of interest?

Newell who would be hard to get or penney from doncaster who we should be able to get it if we act fast. He probably wouldnt join in march/april if we in the bottom 3 but if we went for him before the middle of jan I think he would join.

The poll perhaps reflects quite well the fact that a lot of us are in two minds about it and what would be for the best.

I'm happy for CL to stay for now, and worry about what would happen if we made a panic change right now having seen it happen at other clubs. It's no guarantee that we will do any better and it will cost a shedload of money.

But on the other hand it is getting desperate, we're in a relegation battle and it's not getting any better. I'm not convinced he can turn it round. So I wouldn't be gutted if he left.

Boy Genius said:
OK smart arse... I will bet Palaces record up until that Christmas was pretty dreadful. and I cannot see where I said it was a common thing to happen, I merely indicated things like that can happen!
The financial point, who or which players could we sell to raise money? Most are not worth anything. The directors will not "dip" into their own pockets.
Thirdly, which manager will come here to turn things around?

They will dig into their own pockets if it avoids league one football next year, believe me if you think we are in financial trouble now then you are in for a shock if we get relegated. Their are strong romours linking williams with a move to man city for a 7 figure sum that alone would pay for the switch, we have players who are worth money its just a matter of which are chosen to go or it might be the case that because we have a money spinner against spurs and the extra million from connolly is almost garantueed now we have more cash then you think.

glyn said:
The poll perhaps reflects quite well the fact that a lot of us are in two minds about it and what would be for the best.

I'm happy for CL to stay for now, and worry about what would happen if we made a panic change right now having seen it happen at other clubs. It's no guarantee that we will do any better and it will cost a shedload of money.

But on the other hand it is getting desperate, we're in a relegation battle and it's not getting any better. I'm not convinced he can turn it round. So I wouldn't be gutted if he left.

The worst thing the club could do is give craig another transfer window (he has already had 2 remember) and sack him march/april since then it would give a new manager much less time and more importantly no transfer window.

So we either get rid within 2 weeks or keep him until end of year getting rid during spring is the worst thing to do, and I think we should cut the lease now and try and get penney in before 14th jan allowing him 2 weeks to bring in his own staff.

Chrysalis said:
They will dig into their own pockets if it avoids league one football next year, believe me if you think we are in financial trouble now then you are in for a shock if we get relegated. Their are strong romours linking williams with a move to man city for a 7 figure sum that alone would pay for the switch, we have players who are worth money its just a matter of which are chosen to go or it might be the case that because we have a money spinner against spurs and the extra million from connolly is almost garantueed now we have more cash then you think.

A Million for Williams? Just cannot see it,sorry.

highland fox said:
A Million for Williams? Just cannot see it,sorry.

Pearce knows him from his forest days and ask any forest fan they speak highly of him. The reason why so many on here think he isnt worth that amount is because the way craig has been playing him, williams is an awesome attacking player but he will look poor if we play long balls or defensive tactics which craig seems to do every time williams is on the pitch. Also bear in mind prices get inflated when a premiership club is buying.

Chrysalis said:
Pearce knows him from his forest days and ask any forest fan they speak highly of him. The reason why so many on here think he isnt worth that amount is because the way craig has been playing him, williams is an awesome attacking player but he will look poor if we play long balls or defensive tactics which craig seems to do every time williams is on the pitch. Also bear in mind prices get inflated when a premiership club is buying.

No,sorry..we won't get a million for him.I will be amazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69