Loosing Faith??

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
The likes of Durham and myself arent trying to stir up some sort of anti Levein campaign, it is just us voicing our opinions. Just out of interest BG what are your reasons for keeping Levein, is it purely financial ? the fact you genuinely believe he will turn it around ? Or the fact you cannot think of any suitable replacement ?

Please bear in mind, that the no suitable replacement comment is not really justified as who is to now what effect a manager could have with that squad. In all honesty who seriously thought that MON was going to bring us the success he did when he joined us, likewise many thought Taylor and Levein had the necessary credentials to be successful, the truth is you never can tell.

My reasons are purely on a business basis. There is money there, but do they use it for a managerial change or to strengthen the squad? Change the manager and there is no more money or sanction a couple more players for the squad. Chicken and egg really.
Not being arrogant but I do not believe we will go down, been watching football a long time and seen all this before. I say stick with CL to at least the end of the season

DurhamFox said:
You only have to read his programme notes from a few weeks ago.

'we are ahead of budget for the year' Achieved by the sale of Connolly but not spending all the cash.

And you believe everything you read DF...

highland fox said:
I give in:icon_roll ,I know when I'm beat...Sack him,shoot him,do what you want.:icon_wink
When he's gone you'll realise I was right...you see if you don't.

Highland, I aint saying that my opinion is definately right, I am trying to explain my thought process rather than just posting sack him. You may be right about him all along and I would gain no satisfaction from being proved right in my opinion of him, he has done some very good work for our club, but his results are bad and that is how I am judging him, and it is not like they are improving, he certainly wouldnt be the first highly rated manager to come down from scotland and fail, I just cannot see him turning it around and IMO it is becoming more and more desperate.

Boy Genius said:
That would not even get rid of CL, let alone the rest of the backroom staff. :102:

CL only has a two year deal. ;)

DurhamFox said:
How much do you think he is on FFS?

18 months of a contract to go, plus Rob Kelly, the bloke called Black plus others .... it all adds up.

I was told by a very good source that he was on wages comparable to a top earning player at the club. But didnot indicate how much annoying tnuc!

DurhamFox said:
No. They are slighlty down on general activity but with the Connolly sale they are ahead.

So the Maths are that simple even though we don't know the figures?

Boy Genius said:
My reasons are purely on a business basis. There is money there, but do they use it for a managerial change or to strengthen the squad? Change the manager and there is no more money or sanction a couple more players for the squad. Chicken and egg really.
Not being arrogant but I do not believe we will go down, been watching football a long time and seen all this before. I say stick with CL to at least the end of the season

So if we had the money in reserve, you would get rid?

highland fox said:
So the Maths are that simple even though we don't know the figures?

We know the figures of the DC sale and those involved with signing players after that.

DurhamFox said:
We know the figures of the DC sale and those involved with signing players after that.

But it was posted a few weeks back that the Connolly money was being used to make up for the shortfall in revenue lost on low crowds.And weren't a few of the signings for undisclosed amounts,Gerrbrand for instance?

DurhamFox said:
So your reasons are not purely business related?

Of course they are.
Even with wads of cash behind you, there are financial implications to any management change. I dont believe the cost of change to what we have got has any advantages.

highland fox said:
But it was posted a few weeks back that the Connolly money was being used to make up for the shortfall in revenue lost on low crowds.And weren't a few of the signings for undisclosed amounts,Gerrbrand for instance?

Gerrbrand was around £250k. I am led to believe the shortfall is relativley small. It was summed up to me as not being comparable with a good player signing.

i think levein has to be given until the summer, ive got loads of concerns about a lot of his decisions and obviously our position in the league however i think that for such a young, inexperienced squad with very few old heads to guide them continuity is more important than anything else at the moment

Boy Genius said:
Of course they are.
Even with wads of cash behind you, there are financial implications to any management change. I dont believe the cost of change to what we have got has any advantages.

But look where we are, if we were sat comfortably in mid table I would agree, but we aint and the manager is clearly not performing. Results are not improving one iota, which disproves the argument that we are progressing as a team and a unit.

IMO man for man, we have a better squad than last season and the potential is no doubt there, it appears to me that CL cannot find the right formula, our form is attrocious and this is with a a nigh on fully fit squad, except for a kid who aint made a league appearence and Morris who has hardly played for 2 years, so it aint even like we can hide behind the injuries as an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69