Loosing Faith??

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
Stats are complete Bollox though Durham,they can be twisted to suit anything.22 matches...22:icon_eek:

too true Highland, are we the only two who can see a light down the tunnel?

Boy Genius said:
look at Palace a few seasons back, bottom at Christmas......Premiership in June.:icon_conf

We are wasting our time here BG:icon_wink .Theres more chance of me beating that Yahtzee score in the Arcade than there is seeing any optimism on here tonight....

highland fox said:
Stats are complete Bollox though Durham,they can be twisted to suit anything.22 matches...22:icon_eek:

Twist them to say we will easily avoid relegation!!......you can't can you??? :icon_wink

Boy Genius said:
still 22 games to go, it is gonna happen

Based on what evidence, I thought we were going to see steady improvement this season, and it hasnt materialised, surely after 24 games of the season, the side has now gelled and our league position and current form is a fairly realistic benchmark.

We are not improving or progressing, we are getting worse, I honestly thought we would go on a run after the Sheff Utd home game, that should have been the result that kickstarted some sort of upturn, sadly it hasnt materialised and we sit in 20th place, 5 points off relegation, that sounds like a relegation scrap to me.

Boy Genius said:
too true Highland, are we the only two who can see a light down the tunnel?

No,we are just 'deluded' :) .......If I don't have hope then I might as well go and support Chelsea.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Based on what evidence, I thought we were going to see steady improvement this season, and it hasnt materialised, surely after 24 games of the season, the side has now gelled and our league position and current form is a fairly realistic benchmark.

We are not improving or progressing, we are getting worse, I honestly thought we would go on a run after the Sheff Utd home game, that should have been the result that kickstarted some sort of upturn, sadly it hasnt materialised and we sit in 20th place, 5 points off relegation, that sounds like a relegation scrap to me.

Your trouble is PFKA you think too much.Don't think any further ahead than Reading.

DurhamFox said:
Twist them to say we will easily avoid relegation!!......you can't can you??? :icon_wink

Well its 5/1 we do Durham so lump on...if its such a 'Cert'.No,you won't will you :icon_wink :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Boy Genius said:
Exactly [SIZE=-1]At Selhurst Park on 26-12-2003 and they lost to Millwall not drew with them[/SIZE]

But Millwall were not bottom of the table then, and we are not Crystal Palace, I prefer to look back at what has happened up to and including today, and that is the sorry statistic that we have won 5 league games and amassed 26 points from 24 games and lie in 20th place in the championship with the 5th highest budget.

PFKAKTF FOX said:

I have NEVER said we are not in a relegation scrap! But I am saying the gamble is to stay with CL not sack him.
If we go down, and I doubt it very much, sack him then. If a new bloke comes in now and we still go down he has the excuse to say the rot had already started. Let a new bloke take over when we go down. What good manager is going to want to come here anyway in this situation?

I'm going bed,24 Paracetamol and bottle of Vodka and thats me.Durham and PFKAKTF have made me realise life can not go on.Goodbye Cruel World.:icon_cry:

highland fox said:
I'm going bed,24 Paracetamol and bottle of Vodka and thats me.Durham and PFKAKTF have made me realise life can not go on.Goodbye Cruel World.:icon_cry:

I hope they dont do work for the samaritans......:102:

highland fox said:

I'm sure MK would love the opportunity to wear pink at your funeral. :icon_wink

Boy Genius said:
I have NEVER said we are not in a relegation scrap! But I am saying the gamble is to stay with CL not sack him.
If we go down, and I doubt it very much, sack him then. If a new bloke comes in now and we still go down he has the excuse to say the rot had already started. Let a new bloke take over when we go down. What good manager is going to want to come here anyway in this situation?

But surely now is the time to act, if we do go down then we will be fecked and the chances of attracting anybody would be even worse. As for attracting somebody now, I still believe we would be an attractive propostition, we have excellent facilities and a squad that does contain some pretty decent individuals, and there is still time for the new manager to come in and make the necessary changes.

Lets be honest if Craig was seriously up to the job and we were indeed making progress, the expectation would be that the likes of Millwall, Crewe, Brighton etc would be the games we win, but then when we play the top teams they would be the games in which we struggle, the true measure of our improvement would then be based how quickly we close the gap on the better teams, results like the Sheff Utd would be an indicator of the potential but what is happening is we are not beating the lower teams and therefore we are not making progress.

Steven said:
I'm sure MK would love the opportunity to wear pink at your funeral. :icon_wink

He'd no doubt dance on my grave Steven....to the sounds Of Right Said Fred of course:)

Boy Genius said:
look at Palace a few seasons back, bottom at Christmas......Premiership in June.:icon_conf

Yes pick out a freak event and act like it is a common occurance.

You conveniantly ignore the following which I would value higher then what palace did.

Our points average over last 6 games

Our lack of ability to stop making the same key mistakes every game

The chopping and changing especially in the back 4

The fact we havent won 2 games in a row all season

We are in a worse position then last year without a experienced championship striker to save us

and worst of all and what I think is the most important.

The arrogance that we are too good to be relegated and it isnt a possibility when the reality is we have worse form then both millwall and crewe at current

The crap about lack of funds is just that crap, the board can make money for a managerial switch if needed even if it means dipping into their own pockets but it will more likely come from selling a player or 2. The current squad thinned out with a better manager is still good enough to avoid relegation but under the right management.

It would be interesting if anyone has any history concerning a manager with a 0.33 points average over the xmas period and been a year in the job not getting the sack and turning it around. (was palace on 0.33 pts average?)

highland fox said:
He'd no doubt dance on my grave Steven....to the sounds Of Right Said Fred of course:)

lol lol :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_razz ;) :icon_wink

PFKAKTF FOX said:
But surely now is the time to act, if we do go down then we will be fecked and the chances of attracting anybody would be even worse. As for attracting somebody now, I still believe we would be an attractive propostition, we have excellent facilities and a squad that does contain some pretty decent individuals, and there is still time for the new manager to come in and make the necessary changes.

Lets be honest if Craig was seriously up to the job and we were indeed making progress, the expectation would be that the likes of Millwall, Crewe, Brighton etc would be the games we win, but then when we play the top teams they would be the games in which we struggle, the true measure of our improvement would then be based how quickly we close the gap on the better teams, results like the Sheff Utd would be an indicator of the potential but what is happening is we are not beating the lower teams and therefore we are not making progress.

Out of interest,how much do you think sacking CL and his staff and appointing a new Manager from another Club would cost us?

PFKAKTF FOX said:

You seem as if you are suicidal at the moment...:icon_sad: It will take a massive change in the situation to change my mind, but I can only see one manager who might make a difference and thats Newall, but I doubt if he would leave Luton.
In the morning when I will have slept off this drink my views might change....:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00