Loosing Faith??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrysalis said:
Yes pick out a freak event and act like it is a common occurance.

You conveniantly ignore the following which I would value higher then what palace did.

Our points average over last 6 games

Our lack of ability to stop making the same key mistakes every game

The chopping and changing especially in the back 4

The fact we havent won 2 games in a row all season

We are in a worse position then last year without a experienced championship striker to save us

and worst of all and what I think is the most important.

The arrogance that we are too good to be relegated and it isnt a possibility when the reality is we have worse form then both millwall and crewe at current

The crap about lack of funds is just that crap, the board can make money for a managerial switch if needed even if it means dipping into their own pockets but it will more likely come from selling a player or 2. The current squad thinned out with a better manager is still good enough to avoid relegation but under the right management.

It would be interesting if anyone has any history concerning a manager with a 0.33 points average over the xmas period and been a year in the job not getting the sack and turning it around. (was palace on 0.33 pts average?)

It is all true, and ultimately it will come done to the question of whether you think it will be a bigger gamble to remain with CL than it will be to get a new man in. :102: :icon_sad: ;) The gamble is about finance.. Which scenario causes the least damage. :102:

Chrysalis said:

You conveniantly ignore the following which I would value higher then what palace did.

We are in a worse position then last year without a experienced championship striker to save us

The arrogance that we are too good to be relegated and it isnt a possibility when the reality is we have worse form then both millwall and crewe at current

The crap about lack of funds is just that crap, the board can make money for a managerial switch if needed even if it means dipping into their own pockets but it will more likely come from selling a player or 2. The current squad thinned out with a better manager is still good enough to avoid relegation but under the right management.

It would be interesting if anyone has any history concerning a manager with a 0.33 points average over the xmas period and been a year in the job not getting the sack and turning it around. (was palace on 0.33 pts average?)

So you are in two minds then about sacking Levein.....:icon_wink .Who would you like to see in his place out of interest?

highland fox said:
Out of interest,how much do you think sacking CL and his staff and appointing a new Manager from another Club would cost us?

It would depend on who we approach to be our new manager and their contractual position. So it is a difficult one to put a cost to.

Highland I understand and respect your viewpoint, we are not blessed with millions of pounds and any decision in changing the manager would be one that cannot be taken lightly, and we have to ensure that it does not put the club at risk, however I am at the point now where I truly believe we have to act, how much longer do we accept this, on the pitch Levein has done very little in terms of results and his record is nothing short of appalling and this season is even worse as it is now his team.

Chrysalis said:

OK smart arse... I will bet Palaces record up until that Christmas was pretty dreadful. and I cannot see where I said it was a common thing to happen, I merely indicated things like that can happen!
The financial point, who or which players could we sell to raise money? Most are not worth anything. The directors will not "dip" into their own pockets.
Thirdly, which manager will come here to turn things around?

Boy Genius said:
You seem as if you are suicidal at the moment...:icon_sad: It will take a massive change in the situation to change my mind, but I can only see one manager who might make a difference and thats Newall, but I doubt if he would leave Luton.
In the morning when I will have slept off this drink my views might change....:icon_wink

I am not suicidal, well not yet, but I am concerned that despite putting together a fairly decent squad and being supported as much as humanly possible from the board in terms of finance, and despite playing down our chances this season, we are even now managing to fail miserabley the target of improving on last seasons poor performance, and our run of form is suggesting nothing but more inconsistency, 24 games in and does anybody really believe Levein knows his best XI.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
It would depend on who we approach to be our new manager and their contractual position. So it is a difficult one to put a cost to.

Highland I understand and respect your viewpoint, we are not blessed with millions of pounds and any decision in changing the manager would be one that cannot be taken lightly, and we have to ensure that it does not put the club at risk, however I am at the point now where I truly believe we have to act, how much longer do we accept this, on the pitch Levein has done very little in terms of results and his record is nothing short of appalling and this season is even worse as it is now his team.

I give in:icon_roll ,I know when I'm beat...Sack him,shoot him,do what you want.:icon_wink
When he's gone you'll realise I was right...you see if you don't.

Boy Genius said:
OK smart arse... I will bet Palaces record up until that Christmas was pretty dreadful. and I cannot see where I said it was a common thing to happen, I merely indicated things like that can happen!
The financial point, who or which players could we sell to raise money? Most are not worth anything. The directors will not "dip" into their own pockets.
Thirdly, which manager will come here to turn things around?[/QUOTE]

The same question was asked before CL came. There is always someone out there. :icon_wink ;)

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I am not suicidal, well not yet, but I am concerned that despite putting together a fairly decent squad and being supported as much as humanly possible from the board in terms of finance, and despite playing down our chances this season, we are even now managing to fail miserabley the target of improving on last seasons poor performance, and our run of form is suggesting nothing but more inconsistency, 24 games in and does anybody really believe Levein knows his best XI.

Thats a relief....thought you were going to top yourself.

Good points which I agree on though, I dont think he knows his best XI, IMO Rab Douglas should not be playing, Tiatto is as much captain material than I am and Paddy McCarthy should be taught the basics of everything. ( today he played OK though) Nissa should also be played in his prefered position and not chucked out on the left.
But hey thats my opinion.......:confused:

Boy Genius said:

I really cannot see the Directors'dipping into their own pockets' in order to change Managers

Steven said:
Boy Genius said:
Thirdly, which manager will come here to turn things around?[/QUOTE]

The same question was asked before CL came. There is always someone out there. :icon_wink ;)

There always is......:icon_wink but always turn out to be pups.

Boy Genius said:

The likes of Durham and myself arent trying to stir up some sort of anti Levein campaign, it is just us voicing our opinions. Just out of interest BG what are your reasons for keeping Levein, is it purely financial ? the fact you genuinely believe he will turn it around ? Or the fact you cannot think of any suitable replacement ?

Please bear in mind, that the no suitable replacement comment is not really justified as who is to now what effect a manager could have with that squad. In all honesty who seriously thought that MON was going to bring us the success he did when he joined us, likewise many thought Taylor and Levein had the necessary credentials to be successful, the truth is you never can tell.

highland fox said:
I really cannot see the Directors'dipping into their own pockets' in order to change Managers

I know they wont....... tight as cows arses in a frost..

highland fox said:
TD there with you is he Durham?

They have been studying Greco-Roman art together. :icon_razz :icon_wink ;)

DurhamFox said:
The money is there HF. It's not a stumbling block.

Well tell me how much its going to cost then to sack CL and his staff and replace him ? say for instance with Martin Allen?

highland fox said:
TD there with you is he Durham?

You only have to read his programme notes from a few weeks ago.

'we are ahead of budget for the year' Achieved by the sale of Connolly but not spending all the cash.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
The likes of Durham and myself arent trying to stir up some sort of anti Levein campaign, it is just us voicing our opinions. Just out of interest BG what are your reasons for keeping Levein, is it purely financial ? the fact you genuinely believe he will turn it around ? Or the fact you cannot think of any suitable replacement ?

Please bear in mind, that the no suitable replacement comment is not really justified as who is to now what effect a manager could have with that squad. In all honesty who seriously thought that MON was going to bring us the success he did when he joined us, likewise many thought Taylor and Levein had the necessary credentials to be successful, the truth is you never can tell.

I think you and DF are now the Majority actually,I'd say more want him out than don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69