Loosing Faith??

Status
Not open for further replies.
DurhamFox said:
Gerrbrand was around £250k. I am led to believe the shortfall is relativley small. It was summed up to me as not being comparable with a good player signing.

But we can't take your 'Pillowtalk' as Gospel though Durham.

Country Fox said:
i think levein has to be given until the summer, ive got loads of concerns about a lot of his decisions and obviously our position in the league however i think that for such a young, inexperienced squad with very few old heads to guide them continuity is more important than anything else at the moment

:038: :038: :038: :038:

PFKAKTF FOX said:
But look where we are, if we were sat comfortably in mid table I would agree, but we aint and the manager is clearly not performing. Results are not improving one iota, which disproves the argument that we are progressing as a team and a unit.

IMO man for man, we have a better squad than last season and the potential is no doubt there, it appears to me that CL cannot find the right formula, our form is attrocious and this is with a a nigh on fully fit squad, except for a kid who aint made a league appearence and Morris who has hardly played for 2 years, so it aint even like we can hide behind the injuries as an excuse.

If we were mid table this debate would not be going on, and yes we do have a better squad than when MA left. But a much much younger one, one which needs experience, one which needs a minimum of disruption.

BTW just for the record I was calling for MA head well before anybody else was, as he was just not right for the job and was clueless. CL seems IMO to just need a bit more time

Boy Genius said:
If we were mid table this debate would not be going on, and yes we do have a better squad than when MA left. But a much much younger one, one which needs experience, one which needs a minimum of disruption.

BTW just for the record I was calling for MA head well before anybody else was, as he was just not right for the job and was clueless. CL seems IMO to just need a bit more time

I agree with you as regards Adams, his time was up, but I cannot see where or why Levein should be given much more time, how are things suddenly going to change or click, I thought that might happen after the Stoke result when DC scored his hat trick, then after Sheff Wednesday when DC had been sold, or how about Watford away when CL had studied where we were going wrong and made changes to the starting XI, then maybe Coventry at home after coming from behind to win, then finally Sheff Utd at home, when we played Elvis and Hume up front and played with pace and purposefulness but no we have not won since.

Too many false dawns for me, and each time Levein has made changes and you hope he has got the right combinations, but then we go on a another poor run, Levein has used pretty much his full squad in one way or another this season and yet we still cannot find a way to consistently win football matches, surely Crewe and Millwall at home was the perfect opportunity to win back to back matches and build some confidence, and we blew it. Surely we cannot continue winning on average 1 league game every 4.8 matches, especially not in the championship, the squad is definately capable of better, as has been proved in flashes throughout the season, but IMO it is the manager and his tactics that is the problem.

Last edited:
DurhamFox said:
Twist them to say we will easily avoid relegation!!......you can't can you??? :icon_wink

It's dead easy to use stats to show we'll easily avoid relegation.

If we do as badly in the rest of the season as we have done so far, and the other teams in the league do the same thing, we'll avoid relegation by 10 or 11 points. Last season we finished only 7 points above the relegation zone.

The support seems split 50/50. foxestalk have a well attended poll currently showing 26 in favour of him going and 26 in favour of him staying. Interesting times ahead.

webmaster said:

If we do as badly in the rest of the season as we have done so far, and the other teams in the league do the same thing, we'll avoid relegation by 10 or 11 points. Last season we finished only 7 points above the relegation zone.

I knew you could :icon_wink

DurhamFox said:
The support seems split 50/50. foxestalk have a well attended poll currently showing 26 in favour of him going and 26 in favour of him staying. Interesting times ahead.

end of the day its not what we as fans say, its what the board say. I know they wont get rid of him.

webmaster said:

Like your thinking....................:038: :038: :038:

Boy Genius said:
end of the day its not what we as fans say, its what the board say. I know they wont get rid of him.

The fans can easily sway the board. Vote with your feet and the board will have to act.

DurhamFox said:
The fans can easily sway the board. Vote with your feet and the board will have to act.

They have probably budgeted for that, and in so doing so have butressed CL position. ;)

DurhamFox said:
Attendences are already below budget.

But as you have said it is not wildly under budget. ;)

DurhamFox said:
The fans can easily sway the board.

If the board had listened to supporters in 1996 O'Neill would have been sacked.

I hope the board aren't stupid enough to listen to the supporters too much, some of the most vocal supporters haven't got a clue.

I was considering moving my season ticket to a different seat because I appear to be surrounded by idiots, then I realised it would probably be the same wherever I moved.

Bloke to the left of me arrived late back from half time yesterday, and his mate told him Williams had come on for Smith. Then a couple of minutes later he changed his miind and decided Williams had come on for Kisnorbo. Don't know if he ever realised it was Johansson who'd gone off.

Bloke behind me continues to amaze me with his lack of knowledge. His latest pronouncement was that Williams played well at centre back at Bolton.

Bloke two rows in front of me stands up and boos every time de Vries comes on.

If the club are going to listen to people like that we'll probably end up with Andy from Long Eaton as manager.

webmaster said:

I hope the board aren't stupid enough to listen to the supporters too much, some of the most vocal supporters haven't got a clue.

I was considering moving my season ticket to a different seat because I appear to be surrounded by idiots, then I realised it would probably be the same wherever I moved.

Bloke to the left of me arrived late back from half time yesterday, and his mate told him Williams had come on for Smith. Then a couple of minutes later he changed his miind and decided Williams had come on for Kisnorbo. Don't know if he ever realised it was Johansson who'd gone off.

Bloke behind me continues to amaze me with his lack of knowledge. His latest pronouncement was that Williams played well at centre back at Bolton.

Bloke two rows in front of me stands up and boos every time de Vries comes on.

If the club are going to listen to people like that we'll probably end up with Andy from Long Eaton as manager.

I agree, I have similar morons around me too. However if mass opinion goes against CL then he will be in trouble IMO. I think the O'Neill situation was slightl different as he was only 10 games in to his city managerial career.

FFS dont you lot sleep?

I wasnt feeling to good yesterday so Ive only just caught up on this.

Cant see how we can sack CL at the moment. I dont care what anyone says we cant afford to pay him off. We dont seem to have any board members willing to put serious amounts of money in to the club at the moment so that is a no no IMO.

Anyways as someone else has said, continuity and consistancy is what the club needs at the minute and a change of manager is going to help that one bit. Im not happy about the league position and results but Im still confident it can improve, how, when and where that happens I have to confess I dont know at the moment.

It has always seemed to me that LCFC have two halves to their seasons, One crap and one good. Normally truning around at the christamas run of games, lets hope the crap half is out of the way and that we can go on a run of 2 or 3 games backed up by the odd draw and head for midtable obscruity.

Lets also remember boys and girls that there are 'lies, damn lie and statistics.'

webmaster said:

I would have thought that even you would have stopped drawing comparisons between Levein and O'Neill.

Of course most of the supporters aren't very bright; the majority of the population isn't too bright either that's why a few people make lots of money and hold lots of power at the expense of the rest.....but that doesn't distract from the fact that Levein's record is awful and any fragmentary improvements that people with your viewpoint cling to, are soon blown away by the following run of appalling results.

Redditch Fox said:
I would have thought that even you would have stopped drawing comparisons between Levein and O'Neill.

I wasn't drawing comparisons between Levein and O'Neill. I was comparing the fans now, and the fans then.

Redditch Fox said:
Of course most of the supporters aren't very bright; the majority of the population isn't too bright either that's why a few people make lots of money and hold lots of power at the expense of the rest.....but that doesn't distract from the fact that Levein's record is awful and any fragmentary improvements that people with your viewpoint cling to, are soon blown away by the following run of appalling results.

If results don't improve by the end of the season I'll admit it was wrong to support Levein for as long as I have. But we've seen in the past that changing managers frequently doesn't help, unless you get lucky and appoint someone who can make an immediate impact - and that rarely lasts (for example Kinnear at f*rest, Redknapp at Southampton).

Give him until the end of the season - and I hope people like RF don't take their seemingly permantent negativity to matches, we need to support the team, not get on their backs, getting on the players backs doesn't usually make them play better.

webmaster said:
I wasn't drawing comparisons between Levein and O'Neill. I was comparing the fans now, and the fans then.

If results don't improve by the end of the season I'll admit it was wrong to support Levein for as long as I have. But we've seen in the past that changing managers frequently doesn't help, unless you get lucky and appoint someone who can make an immediate impact - and that rarely lasts (for example Kinnear at f*rest, Redknapp at Southampton).

Give him until the end of the season - and I hope people like RF don't take their seemingly permantent negativity to matches, we need to support the team, not get on their backs, getting on the players backs doesn't usually make them play better.

I am certain a lot of people go to the matches hoping for a bad result, just so as they can moan and moan.....feckers :018:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69