Luton match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably annoyed because 'Chris Kamara what a wan**r' could be heard clearly even on TV.

Leigh said:
Probably annoyed because 'Chris Kamara what a wan**r' could be heard clearly even on TV.

The pub I sat, the big screen kept freezing and the other tv was 3 or 4 seconds in front of the commentatory provided by the speakers, so I couldnt hear the twat to be honest. I was thinking of taping that match today, good job I didnt.

Watched this crap in my local and a few Leeds fans laughing at our performance (pleased to hear that their match against Norwich wasn't much better). Nobody stood out for us although I thought McCarthy had a good first half and O'Grady and Hughes freshened it up a bit when they came on.
Fryatt was so isolated no support from Hume or any of the midfielders, we definitely need a decent winger.
Hopefully it will be 100 times better on Tuesday in front of the faithful.:icon_cry:

Our players didn't look very fit to me...horrible memories of Taylors ruined team in the first game of season 01/02 arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

Do they have a dietician and if so does he recommend Stearman to eat two hot dogs as at Hinkley

Or is the dietician an ex goalkeeper from the Sheffield area?

Well thanks lads......... I did'nt see the match but you've definately depressed me now, was looking forward to Tuesday night but I have to say I now go with trepidation
at what I am going to witness

western road said:
Well thanks lads......... I did'nt see the match but you've definately depressed me now, was looking forward to Tuesday night but I have to say I now go with trepidation

There is one hour's edited highlights on Sky Sports 2 at 11.30 pm. ;) :icon_bigg

DesertFox said:
Off the bar again; Williams free kick

Post not bar - the goalie pushed it onto the post.

western road said:

If what's been said on here has depressed you, you would have topped yourself if you'd actually been at the match!

bocadillo said:
If what's been said on here has depressed you, you would have topped yourself if you'd actually been at the match!

Boc what was it like, witnessing the performance first hand, what was the feeling amongst the fans who did travel ??

DesertFox said:
The commentators on RL may not know the difference...

I have to apologise to them and to DesertFox. On the TV this morning, it showed clearly that it was the bar - looked different from ther other end of the pitch.

bocadillo said:
I have to apologise to them and to DesertFox. On the TV this morning, it showed clearly that it was the bar - looked different from ther other end of the pitch.
:icon_lol: I got it right from 5000 miles away, with no pictures. You blind bugger, Boc! :icon_lol:

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Boc what was it like, witnessing the performance first hand, what was the feeling amongst the fans who did travel ??

I think there was just an sense of utter frustration, similar to what has been portrayed on this board. The players were nowhere near their best - and one or two were probably near their worst. The tactics were never such that they were even going to get us a goal back. The defence was poor, the midfield was largely absent and so was the attack before Elvis and Chris O'Grady were introduced.

People whose only sight of the game was on the Championship on ITV this morning will have come away with completely the wrong idea - there has been some favourable editing done there, although I was surprised to note that it seems we had a clear call for a penalty when Fryatt beat two men in the corner and squirmed along the goal-line - the hand-ball by the defender should not have been missed by the referee.

Just to complete the day, we already have Maybury, McCarthy and Tiatto 20% along the way to their first suspensions of the season.

The only member of this forum to come out of the day with any joy must be Real Sharapova who managed to leave the High Town exit of the railway station and gain access to the Bricklayer's Arms before the police put a stop to it. My day was completed on my return to the Garden of England by my meeting of a F!"£$t fan whilst I was taking the dogs for the last walk of the day. I am sure that his commiserations were not sincere but I did remember to check with him that his team are still in the 3rd division.

Last edited:
bocadillo said:
I think there was just an sense of utter frustration, similar to what has been portrayed on this board. The players were nowhere near their best - and one or two were probably near their worst. The tactics were never such that they were even going to get us a goal back. The defence was poor, the midfield was largely absent and so was the attack before Elvis and Chris O'Grady were introduced.

People whose only sight of the game was on the Championship on ITV this morning will have come away with completely the wrong idea - there has been some favourable editing done there, although I was surprised to note that it seems we had a clear call for a penalty when Fryatt beat two men in the corner and squirmed along the goal-line - the hand-ball by the defender should not have been missed by the referee.

Just to complete the day, we already have Maybury, McCarthy and Tiatto 20% along the way to their first suspensions of the season.

The only member of this forum to come out of the day with any joy must be Real Sharapova who managed to leave the High Town exit of the railway station and gain access to the Bricklayer's Arms before the police put a stop to it. My day was completed on my return to the Garden of England by my meeting of a F!"£$t fan whilst I was taking the dogs for the last walk of the day. I am sure that his commiserations were not sincere but I did remember to check with him that his team are still in the 3rd division.

Cheers Boc

bocadillo said:
McCarthy and Tiatto 20% along the way to their first suspensions of the season.

Hardly a surprise :icon_roll

Tiatto hasn't learnt at all and is still a waste of space, and a waste of a contract.

glyn said:

Tiatto hasn't learnt at all and is still a waste of space, and a waste of a contract.
And he's got a funny looking beard that makes him look like a fecking leprechaun

Last edited:
glyn said:

... whereas McCarthy is a cultured player, much midunderstood by match officials?

It's just depressing. I can't put it any other way.

If that is the very best we can do we will be relegated at the end of the season. You can't play like that and expect F**ing anything. I am gutted.

This club to me needs changes. The way the ship is currently being run is not working. We had money for two seasons prior to this one and went backwards. Now we have nothing in the pot to stop the rot.

It makes me ill when I see teams like Derby, Southampton and even Coventry moving in the right direction whilst we go backwards.

We need somone in charge with some ambition, and most importantly some money.:frown:

SilverFox said:
It's just depressing. I can't put it any other way.

If that is the very best we can do we will be relegated at the end of the season. You can't play like that and expect F**ing anything. I am gutted.

This club to me needs changes. The way the ship is currently being run is not working. We had money for two seasons prior to this one and went backwards. Now we have nothing in the pot to stop the rot.

It makes me ill when I see teams like Derby, Southampton and even Coventry moving in the right direction whilst we go backwards.

We need somone in charge with some ambition, and most importantly some money.:frown:

Good post Silver, I actually think the money element is not quite as important as having ambition and an ability to develop the club.

IMO the club is treading water off the pitch, no new ideas despite introducing new executives to the team. We are a dead duck in the water there is no vibrancy around the place, everything is laboured on and off the pitch.

We have some decent footballers on paper, great stadium, fantastic training facilities and a very good fan base. RK has the raw materials to build a side capable of competing at this level, and yet the one thing that doesn't cost any additional money which is the fitness, organisation and commitment of the players is not there.

Based on the last 3 or so years we are a shambles off the pitch, and have neither the energy or ability to turn around the business side of the club, whilst on the park we appear to have an unfit, demotivated and under prepared individuals.

Lets hope yesterday was one massive blip (Wishful thinking) because if it aint then we are in the brown smelly stuff right up to our eyeballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669