Mad Mandy Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most annoying thing about that article, is that it almost implies he was responsible for getting us out of league 1 and in the play offs....

Nah - the most annoying thing is the fibs about the financial position then and now.

Hartlepool away at 7pm on a Tuesday night in the JPT

Thanks Milan

I am actually sad to see Mandy go but, I was amused to look at the Mercury News Headlines on TB;

Mandaric strikes deal to buy Sheffield Wednesday
Now watch us go, Leicester City's Darius Vassell warns :icon_bigg

My memory of him, will always be his smirking face and waving to pompey fans.glad hes fcuked off.

Sky Sports.

Mandaric leaves Leicester
Serb set for Sheffield Wednesday role

Milan Mandaric has formally stood down as chairman of Leicester City ahead of his buy-out of Sheffield Wednesday.

The former Portsmouth owner, who sold his controlling stake in Leicester earlier this year, was still chairman of the Foxes.

But he has now sealed a deal to take over Sheffield Wednesday and, as such, he has relinquished his role with Leicester.

"Leicester City will always be in my heart. This club is Premier League in everything but name," Mandaric told the club's official website.

"The stadium and the supporters are both first-class, and this decision has been extremely difficult for me to make. It is the end of an era for me and because of that I am very emotional.

"However, it is now time for me to step aside. The new owners are fantastic people, with a great passion and enthusiasm to achieve success for Leicester City.

"I have always maintained that I would only leave the club once we were in a much better position than when I joined. I can now say, with complete confidence, that we have reached that position.

"The club was in a very poor financial position when I first arrived, with even their existence in jeopardy.

"During my time at the club, along with all of the dedicated staff, we have turned the business around and I pass on a strong, vibrant club, ready to embark on the next chapter in an illustrious history. I am very proud of what we have all achieved.

"In addition to the new owners, the club now has a world-class manager in Sven-Goran Eriksson and talented staff on and off the field. Let there be no doubt that there will be many bright days ahead for Leicester City Football Club."

"The stadium and the supporters are both first-class, and this decision has been extremely difficult for me to make. It is the end of an era for me and because of that I am very emotional.

Yeah great. Thanks for nothing, now **** off.

I think that everything Mandaric has said is pretty much accurate. He inherited a shit side making massive losses off the field and even though things took a turn for the worse the first season, him and Nigel Pearson eventually reindtroduced the word 'respect' into the club through winning league one at the first attempt - using young and home grown players.
After a near miss in the play-offs subbing the club to the tune of £5m a season, he then brokered a deal which now sees the club owned by investors that have bought England's most successful post 1966 manager to the club along with Kirkland, Naughton, Davies, Cunningham, Bednar, Waghorn and Vassell from Premier League clubs, to add to the squad that achieved the playoffs last year.
A huge crowd, touching 30,000 will watch us play Nottingham Forest on Monday - and a win will take us within touching distance of the play-offs once more. Increased exposure for the club in the media, including regular televising of our games in Thailand, the far East and Sweden will hopefully see revenue streams increase as expenditure increases - through media rights, merchandise sales and youth football links. This will hopefully provide, if not an entirely balanced business model, at least a slightly sounder footing for the club than when we hadn't tuppence ha'penny to rub together and a shite side getting beat every week. As far as i'm aware the money in the club is real money, not loaned money - with King Power not using high interest 'payment in kind' loans against the club to finance their punt at the premier league.
Thanks Mandy - and good luck at Sheff Weds.

And so should say all of us.

(... we're not within touching distance of the play-offs though)

I think Mandy did a better job than the commitee he took over from would have done. And he's had the sense to know when he couldn't do anything more the club and pass the baton.

I don't see him as a hero, but he did a decent job for us, and i feel we are in a better posistion now, than before.

Thanks Milan.

Last edited:
I think that everything Mandaric has said is pretty much accurate. He inherited a shit side making massive losses off the field and even though things took a turn for the worse the first season, him and Nigel Pearson eventually reindtroduced the word 'respect' into the club through winning league one at the first attempt - using young and home grown players.
After a near miss in the play-offs subbing the club to the tune of £5m a season, he then brokered a deal which now sees the club owned by investors that have bought England's most successful post 1966 manager to the club along with Kirkland, Naughton, Davies, Cunningham, Bednar, Waghorn and Vassell from Premier League clubs, to add to the squad that achieved the playoffs last year.
A huge crowd, touching 30,000 will watch us play Nottingham Forest on Monday - and a win will take us within touching distance of the play-offs once more. Increased exposure for the club in the media, including regular televising of our games in Thailand, the far East and Sweden will hopefully see revenue streams increase as expenditure increases - through media rights, merchandise sales and youth football links. This will hopefully provide, if not an entirely balanced business model, at least a slightly sounder footing for the club than when we hadn't tuppence ha'penny to rub together and a shite side getting beat every week. As far as i'm aware the money in the club is real money, not loaned money - with King Power not using high interest 'payment in kind' loans against the club to finance their punt at the premier league.

First of all, I have to say your avatar is a very accurate reflection of your post.

Second, things took a turn for the worse that season due to his appalling managerial appointments. Martin Allen and his band of merry men including Hellings, Cort, Kaebi etc all took place under the watch of Milan, and basically set us up for relegation.

Third, the appointment of Pearson was more out of desperation than anything, probably as he was all we could afford. And it turned out a lot better than anyone could have expected. Milan would go with some respect, if he hadn't have pissed off the most promising manager we had in years and done more to keep him.

Fourth Sven is not the most succesful manager England have had since Alf Ramsay. Both Bobby Robson and Terry Venables reached semi finals of major tournaments, something Sven never achieved with more attempts than either.

Fifth, Those players you list bar Vassell, could for all we know be gone by January 3rd-hardly lasting success

Sixth, if we get anywhere near 30k, it won't be because Milan has installed pride in our club, it is because the club is desperately trying to flog tickets considering the ridiculous prices now in place for championship football (I wonder who is responsible for that?)

Seventh its a little early to be singing the success of our so called increase in revenue from Thailand. You seem to confuse you hopes with fact.

And breathe.................

There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your good times, and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you

Whatever people think of him...he was the only person prepared to take over our club and try to put it right.

He's a hard nosed businessman. He bought the club on the cheap and has made a profit by selling it on. He is now buying Wednesday on the cheap in the hope of selling it on for a profit. The same applied to Portsmouth.

When he came we were in the bottom half of the Fizzy league. He leaves us in the same position, having presided over the club's first ever season in the Third Division. Hardly something to be proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69