Mad Mandy Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever people think of him...he was the only person prepared to take over our club and try to put it right.

Was it really though? There was a lot of rumour at the time that there was at least one other interested party. Time would have gone on, they'd have been another investor who'd fancy us. Just like what's happened at Derby or Coventry or Southampton....if you compare us to the numerous clubs who've been taken over in the past few years, I'd say performance wise we'd be in the worst ten percent of clubs.

He's a hard nosed businessman. He bought the club on the cheap and has made a profit by selling it on. He is now buying Wednesday on the cheap in the hope of selling it on for a profit. The same applied to Portsmouth.

When he came we were in the bottom half of the Fizzy league. He leaves us in the same position, having presided over the club's first ever season in the Third Division. Hardly something to be proud of.

We would all very much like to see the figures and supporting evidence to back up your statement about making profit from sale of LCFC.

Was it really though? There was a lot of rumour at the time that there was at least one other interested party. Time would have gone on, they'd have been another investor who'd fancy us. Just like what's happened at Derby or Coventry or Southampton....if you compare us to the numerous clubs who've been taken over in the past few years, I'd say performance w*s* we'd be in the worst ten percent of clubs.

Quite. Mandaric played a blinder through the media: claiming the bid was £25 million rather than £700,000 and thus possibly putting off other possible bids; and getting the more easily led to argue his case for him.

We would all very much like to see the figures and supporting evidence to back up your statement about making profit from sale of LCFC.

It's quite possible Mandaric & co have been lying about the £40 million that they've said was the sale price, that's true.

But if it was a £40 million sale as the sale of a company's normally understood, he's coined £30 million profit. But that's unlikely, given his past 'interpretations'. If the £40 million include repaying his loans, then its about £15 million profit.

Hope that helps.

I would also like to see the financial information relating to Mandaric's purchas of the club, the subsequent investment that he made and the deal that he struck with the new owners. Perhaps you can arrange for the aforementioned to be posted on this message board.

It's quite possible Mandaric & co have been lying about the £40 million that they've said was the sale price, that's true.

But if it was a £40 million sale as the sale of a company's normally understood, he's coined £30 million profit. But that's unlikely, given his past 'interpretations'. If the £40 million include repaying his loans, then its about £15 million profit.

Hope that helps.

Doesn't help in the slightest way. Glad you aren't my accountant.....

I would also like to see the financial information relating to Mandaric's purchas of the club, the subsequent investment that he made and the deal that he struck with the new owners. Perhaps you can arrange for the aforementioned to be posted on this message board.

You made the statement. Now back it up. How should I know the figures? It's for you to support what you said. I didn't say it.

Now you're just being silly. Mandaric and co have suggested they sold the club for £40 million. The amount that was paid is laid out in the offer document.

In the interview with Radio Leicester broadcast yesterday afternoon he said categorically that he had put more money into LCFC than he had got out of it from the sale.

How that equates to a profit is beyond me.

I do not believe that he is stupid enough to make a statement like that if scrutiny of the facts were to prove him a liar.

In the interview with Radio Leicester broadcast yesterday afternoon he said categorically that he had put more money into LCFC than he had got out of it from the sale.

Did some of the money he put in come from loans which have still got to be paid back?

Whenever he says something I always look at the way he words it because in the past he's worded things to be strictly true, but misleading.
See his recent statement about not being in negotiations to take over at Sheffield Wednesday for an example.

Did some of the money he put in come from loans which have still got to be paid back?

I don't know but it would be good to have transparency. Hopefully someone will provide some financial information before long so we can all make up our minds about him.

Personally, I don't care whether he made a profit or not.

If he did, good luck to him because investing in LCFC was a risk and he could easily have lost a lot of money. Perhaps he has?

I've just read the tribute to MM on the official site including Hoos' contribution.

The on-message line is that the club is now financially stable and poised for fantastic success.

What a pity that on the right hand margin of this site we have the league table which reflects the results to-date. If only we had a league table for over-hype!

If MM has got out of Leicester with his money intact let alone made a profit then he has done very well. I suppose it is just possible that in scouring the world for a buyer he and his agents came up with a very good deal.

I've just read the tribute to MM on the official site including Hoos' contribution.

The on-message line is that the club is now financially stable and poised for fantastic success.

What a pity that on the right hand margin of this site we have the league table which reflects the results to-date. If only we had a league table for over-hype!

If MM has got out of Leicester with his money intact let alone made a profit then he has done very well. I suppose it is just possible that in scouring the world for a buyer he and his agents came up with a very good deal.

Or a Gaydamak deal. :icon_conf If offering financial stability is the pinnacle of his achievements then it is not much. Wasn't that part of the deal when he took over? :102:

The same can be said on the pitch with us ending up in the old Div 3 under his stewardship.

All in all very mediocre. :tumbleweed:

The Guy had the bollocks to put his money where his mouth was and bought our club, he is a businessman and IMO both parties benefitted, Mandaric has made a decent profit whilst we have raised our profile and subsequently been taken over by an ambitious far east consortium.

It has been a rollercoaster ride with many ups and a far few downs but when you cast your mind back to when he took over we had Rob Kelly as Manager and were signing players like Luigi Glombard, Josh Low and Andy Johnson we are now managed by Sven and signing players like Kirkland, Naughton & Davies. Whether we like his style or motives we have progressed under his stewardship.

Good luck at Sheff Wednesday and I have a sneaky feeling that Pearson may just end up back in partnership with Milan.

Before Milan came we seemed to be always in a financial mess. Even when Micky Adams did a superb job of getting promotion he did not get the financial backing to stay in the Prem. Since Milan took over I have never been concerned that we would go into administration. That has been an achievment.
For a long time it seemed that we had risen above the internal wrangling of the Elsom versus Pierrepoint years. Sadly it seems that came back in a clash between Hoos and Pearson IMO the wrong one went and for that I blame Milan.
Mandaric had a mixed record in appointing managers. Martin Allen (disaster) Gary Megson (farcical reign) Ian Holloway (opinions differ) Nigel Pearson (the one success let go too easily), Paulo Sousa (disaster) Sven (too early to tell).
I thoroughly enjoyed the last two seasons and rightly or wrongly I feel optimistic about the club which I did not do under Milan's predecessors. For that Milan thank you and good luck.

The Guy had the bollocks to put his money where his mouth was and bought our club, he is a businessman and IMO both parties benefitted, Mandaric has made a decent profit whilst we have raised our profile and subsequently been taken over by an ambitious far east consortium.

It has been a rollercoaster ride with many ups and a far few downs but when you cast your mind back to when he took over we had Rob Kelly as Manager and were signing players like Luigi Glombard, Josh Low and Andy Johnson we are now managed by Sven and signing players like Kirkland, Naughton & Davies. Whether we like his style or motives we have progressed under his stewardship.

Good luck at Sheff Wednesday and I have a sneaky feeling that Pearson may just end up back in partnership with Milan.

I agree with everything you say there and also think that at some point Pearson will be reunited with Milan.

Thanks for everything you`ve done MM, just a shame you didn`t get us in the Prem within 3 years like you first said.

Good luck with the sleeping giant.

I would like to play a little devil's advocate here if I may? I don't have such an in-depth knowledge of figures, I am also unprepared to scour about finding them, so take this as a 'fan's view' of Mandy and our club.

1. Takeover - fabulous news for my club and the chance of investment in players to take us to the Premier League after some very dull seasons in the CCC. Milan 1-0 Vibe
2. Nigel Worthington - a great appointment for me. Sad Nigel didn't get the chance to stay actually, I think he could have been a great manager for the club. Did Milan do enough to keep him I wonder? Milan 1-1 Vibe
3. Martin Allen - I was positive about the appointment, however it was quite early on I started worrying about both his signings and the confusion behind Milan's proposed captures of Hasselbaink & Fowler. This appointment turned out to be a complete disaster. Milan 1-2 Vibe
4. Gary Megson - Very downbeat about this appointment to be fair, but the fact he went to Bolton and did a mediocre job there suggests Smeggy wouldn't have taken us down. His style of management was dire for me though. Milan 1-3 Vibe
5. Ian Holloway - Pleased with this one, and I genuinely believe that Ian Holloway has good managerial qualities, as witnessed currently at Blackpool & his previous tenure at Plymouth Argyle identify. So, why did this go so wrong? Ian has hinted that one of the good things about managing at Blackpool is that his chairman doesn't get involved in team affairs. I wonder if that's a shot at Milan, and whether selections and some signings were at the request of Mandy? This is a tough one. On the fence, point for each. Holloway took us down, this was a very big low-point for my club - but I am not 100% sure where to apportion the blame. Milan 2-4 Vibe
6. Nigel Pearson - Arguably Milan's finest moment was to employ Mr Pearson. Nigel nearly gave us back-to-back promotions. Unfeasible to think he was let go after such a turnaround in our club's fortunes. I think Pearson's tenure was absolutely superb and only since Sven arrived have I forgiven Milan for letting Nigel leave. So.... One each again. Milan 3-5 Vibe
7. Paulo Souza - Nice guy, stylish football, some good signings, should never have come in, didn't work. Milan 3-6 Vibe
8. Thai Owners - Time will tell here. I am hopeful that the whole 'King Power' group embrace their new club. If they do, then we have a chance to do something exciting here. However, buying success is no way as satisfying a feeling as watching Martin O'Neil build a side and on merit rise to the top half of the Premiership. Perhaps these days are gone. Holloway's Blackpool could suggest otherw*s*. Any road, early days and so far so good I guess. So... Milan 4-6 Vibe
9. Sven - Absolutely stunning appointment. As long as he stays etc.. but this is a manager who has already transformed the side. I think we are extremely lucky to have SGE and his team here and look forwards again. Milan 5-6 Vibe
10. Sheffield Wednesday - Well, business is business and this is a great move for Milan IMHO. Wednesday are a very big club he has just picked up for peanuts. Like Leicester, everything is there, fans etc. possibly more than LCFC in those ways. So, this is a great chance for Milan to make a lot of money, which after all is his objective with all the clubs he has taken over. In which case. It's a draw.. Milan 6-6 Vibe.

It's been up & down. We are now a better side than we were when MM took over. So....

Just took a fecking while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00