Mad Mandy Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left the club with plenty of money in the coffers, a squad full of quality and a series of top ten finishes and league cup wins in hand.

You'll never convince me that he was anything less than a giant at the club.

I think you underestimate the abject performance of Taylor. Had he done his job correctly none of your points would have any legs at all.

edit: This is obviously about Martin, not Milan...who can feck right off.

Last edited:
MON wasn't a hero when he left, he dumped the club in the shit after making sure he had removed any opposition to the managers role and we ended up with Taylor. Wish City fans could be more objective about this, he was good for us overall but he has dumped every club he has managed in the shit when he goes.

:038::038::038::038::038:
but people will never believe you BB, a lot will not accept the hard facts. Just because he won a couple of league cups does not mean he wasn't a wanker behind the scenes

Left the club with plenty of money in the coffers, a squad full of quality and a series of top ten finishes and league cup wins in hand.

You'll never convince me that he was anything less than a giant at the club.

I think you underestimate the abject performance of Taylor. Had he done his job correctly none of your points would have any legs at all.

edit: This is obviously about Martin, not Milan...who can feck right off.

They had money but nobody capable of spending it in a constructive manner. MON was responsible for the way the board was totally decimated 6 months before he walked by pushing BP and his cronies to the point they had to react (and there was no way BP was going to win in that situation). The squad was good but needed the correct manager to keep it together and the pathetic board that we had wasn't capable of appointing the right sort of manager. I enjoyed the MON years and appreciated what he did for our club but he had no interest in leaving the club in a good condition, same as he didn't care about Wycombe, Norwich, Celtic or Villa when he left.

if milan made a huge loss on the sale of lcfc, and we are in his words "guaranteed promotion this yr"....i wonder y he didn't hang on a few more months, get promoted here then sell his shares for bigger profits?

Because if he hadn't sold the club in the summer we wouldn't have been able to afford the signings we've made, or get Sven in as manager.

The squad was good but needed the correct manager to keep it together and the pathetic board that we had wasn't capable of appointing the right sort of manager.

Well they appointed Harry Redknapp.... problem is he changed his mind on the long drive home. Things could have been very very different for LCFC.

Taylor was widely respected at the time and seen as an outstanding manager. With hindsight it's easy to say it was a bad decision.

Well they appointed Harry Redknapp.... problem is he changed his mind on the long drive home. Things could have been very very different for LCFC.

Taylor was widely respected at the time and seen as an outstanding manager. With hindsight it's easy to say it was a bad decision.

well I never knew that....

But this was Redknapp in his about to get the boot at West Ham, mad marco boogers signing days. I was delighted to get Taylor - though it's hard now to see how the decision could have turned out more disastrously.

But this was Redknapp in his about to get the boot at West Ham, mad marco boogers signing days.

It was when he was Director of football at Pompey. Personally I thought he was doing well at west ham, but they had a blip the season he left.

From Wiki... (yeah I know)
"West Ham finished eighth in 1998, and then enjoyed their second best ever top flight finish of fifth place and qualification for the Intertoto Cup. In the 1999–2000 season West Ham won the Intertoto Cup and qualified for the UEFA Cup but failed to match their performances in the league, which could be put down to the extra games played. Redknapp left West Ham on 9 May 2001, one game before the end of the 2000-01 season."

Because if he hadn't sold the club in the summer we wouldn't have been able to afford the signings we've made, or get Sven in as manager.

didn't he buy back into the club and own a minority percentage with the Thai guys owning the majority?
If so, they still could afford Sven and the great loan signings and probably some great players in January...

So what i'm saying is, would that small percentage he owned have been worth a lot more (and covered his losses) if he sold it once we reached the prem?
Or am i talking bollox?

He wasn't one of the owners when the club issued the statement a couple of weeks ago.

"It also represents a third key factor - partnership. I am delighted to remain as chairman and a stakeholder in the new consortia. I am pleased Lee Hoos, the chief executive, and his winning team remain focused and in place to keep our plans and ethos alive."

ITV

Telegraph

:102:

Re: O'Neill, isn't it slightly ridiculous that some people are criticising him for strengthening the manager's role (for himself) then inadvertently allowing someone else (ie Taylor) to make a bad job of it? Effectively some people have it in for him because he was so good at his job that he altered the nature of it and, therefore, allowed future managers to be even more useless than they would have been anyway (see Taylor's post-Hull and pre-Gillingham managerial career).

"It also represents a third key factor - partnership. I am delighted to remain as chairman and a stakeholder in the new consortia. I am pleased Lee Hoos, the chief executive, and his winning team remain focused and in place to keep our plans and ethos alive."

ITV

Telegraph

:102:

A stakeholder is someone with an interest in what the firm does - not necessarily an ownership interest, as they're shareholders. So we're all stakeholders too, but tend to be grouped as one (the supporters) rather than having our own special category (such as deceitful ex-owner).

A stakeholder is someone with an interest in what the firm does - not necessarily an ownership interest, as they're shareholders. So we're all stakeholders too, but tend to be grouped as one (the supporters) rather than having our own special category (such as deceitful ex-owner).

But he spoke about retaining controlling interest, moving to a minority interest as part of the KP consortium. I remember him quoting a percentage but can't remember what or find reference to it.

This then transformed into this 'stakeholder' quote before vanishing entirely.

I'm thankful he's gone because I simply don't have the inclination to spend any more time on his lies and bullshit.

However this stakeholder comment once again misled the fans & media for a few months, as everyone went on about a 3rd investor believing Milan & the Top family = investors 1 & 2.

Funny how Milan never corrected this & then Lee Hoos can't understand where Milan being an investor came from... well if you had clarified it when it first came out....:018:

MON wasn't a hero when he left, he dumped the club in the shit after making sure he had removed any opposition to the managers role and we ended up with Taylor. Wish City fans could be more objective about this, he was good for us overall but he has dumped every club he has managed in the shit when he goes.

What a load of old bollocks.

What Biffa says is completely true and I have been expressing the same thing for years now.

At the time of the whole Go4 thing, it was difficult for fans to do anything other than throw their support behind the same cause of the club's highly successful manager but it's time now that with the benefit of hindsight that people realise what happened. With the removal of Pierpoint and his merry men, all semblance of fiscal control at the club was lost. MON left soon afterwards, as those few Go4 supporters always warned he would, and Peter Taylor was free to piss away the 'Heskey legacy'.

The whole of the next decade was sullied by the aftermath; hopefully history will show that it is the Mandaric era that has put us back on our feet.

Or, decietful ex-owner who is still a stakeholder in that he is now a creditor of the club owed £8 million (possibly rising to £11 million).

Or, decietful ex-owner who is still a stakeholder in that he is now a creditor of the club owed £8 million (possibly rising to £11 million).

Perhaps. Where are those figures from?

Certainly at some point - maybe even now - he could be a creditor with £26 million in loans outstanding.

Perhaps. Where are those figures from?

Certainly at some point - maybe even now - he could be a creditor with £26 million in loans outstanding.

When he was interviewed on Monday night he said that he had been paid 8 million, was still owed 8 million and would recieve a further 3 million when/if we reach the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69