Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is just so so good.

Best we've ever had, bar none.

He's one of those rare players who can dismantle a team and then be applauded off by their fans because he did it so beautifully. Clubs like us don't usually get players like that. Who would the last one have been? Frank Worthington?

He's a scruffy genius, I would take one Mahrez over a whole team of superstars.

Yeah players like Sanchez, Ozil and Coutinho are good but they don't make peoples' nipples tingle quite like our Riyad. The fact that we have a player like him is almost as unbelievable as us winning the league.

Ever since I saw him score that beauty vs Blackpool in 2014, I knew we had a special player.

Imo he has the potential to be world beating and do things that only Messi can. Now he's living up to that potential!

Not as flamboyant as Frank W ...or as Elvis obsessed (thankfully!), but he's become the real deal and if Sterling is worth 50k then this lad makes him look like an under 19 academy wannabe! He needs to improve his finishing consistency before he trots off to Barcelona though, maybe another season or two honing his skills and winning a couple of CL trophies for us first! It'll be interesting seeing him up against Kante this season ...and NOT in the same team.

Mahrez, in today's market is worth no less than £75 million imo. If Higuain us worth that much at 28 years of age then so is Mahrez at 25.

Mahrez, in today's market is worth no less than £75 million imo. If Higuain us worth that much at 28 years of age then so is Mahrez at 25.

I prefer to use the John Stones benchmark for valuing our players. Unless someone stumps up 100 kajillion bajillion for him then they can **** off.

Mahrez is fantastic. If he ever does move on I would hope it wouldn't be to some shitty perennial underachievers like Arsenal. Real Madrid or Barca - gotta be one of the real big guns. He's the sort of player that the neutrals will turn out to see your team just to see him play. Just imagine what we're in store for with Mahrez + Kapustka this season!

I love the way we do business. Mahrez may outgrow us? We'll just go and sign Grey and Kaputska for bargain prices just in case.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that he's leaving, if he doesn't it's a bonus.

I think the fact that we're about to sign the Polish kid but want to keep Schlupp tells its own story.

If Mahrez does get sold (not leave) then it will have a huge impact on our goal scoring ability.

When he was off the boil or not playing we really struggled to carve open the opposition.

I'm staying positive.
If he goes, he goes for £40 odd million. Essentially, alongside the £32m Kante (and potentially £10m Ulloa) sale we will have earned our premier league money for the year without having kicked a ball.
I would be devastated to lose him, but having seen Gray's cameo vs PSG he looks like he is developing into a beast with great control, tricks and, as we know, a thunderous shot of either foot. If you add the potential that everyone sees in Kapustka. Musa, Vardy, Okazaki and Albrighton into that then we will still be strong.
I would imagine we'd also make good on one or two of the enquiries we've made such as Luan Viera if we do sell him. If we do send Ulloa to Swansea, i'd hope we do so in cash + player for Sigurddson, rather than just a straight sale.

My only main concern is that we haven't been successful with Keane or Deeney. Both of whom would have been great, great additions to the squad.

I agree with sparky79, we are adopting a 'small club' mentality. Naturally, we would rather not lose our best players, but we are now, a club bigger that ANY one player. Mahrez is a fantastic player but, if he did want to go, we'll replace him.

You don't get Arsenal, Manchester Utd and Chelsea fans lamenting that, if such and such a player were to leave, the club would tumble into obscurity and we should have similar confidence.

As they cost us so little in the first place, are we able to secure a sufficiently big mark-up on a sale of our players?

If Pogba is worth £100million, isn't Mahrez worth a similar sum?

Is there anyone playing in Europe, other than Messi, that can do what Mahrez does, and get 25+ goals/assists per season?

If Leroy Sane is about to move to Man City for £37m plus add ons, surely Mahrez is worth at least double that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566