Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll know what I'm on about here - in America there is a thing called a contract year. Statistically players improve in that year, ahead of free agency. It ultimately gets them the big dollar. I know it's slightly different over here, but I almost feel like he has cost himself a move to a real big boy team.

Yeah. He didn't do himself any favours this past season. Another big year and he could have seen himself at the likes of Barca, not Arsenal. I'll ****ing hate seeing him in an Arsenal shirt.

Given that he wants Champions League football, Arsenal might not appeal to him.

As is usually the case, he'll know exactly who is interested in him. His agent will have been talking to the big six clubs for months to sound them all out.

Spurs have ruled themselves out and I really can't see him working out for Liverpool given their style of play. Man City can't possibly want another player of that type either.

That leaves three clubs - Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal. Only Arsenal of that three can see him as a priority that would get in ahead of their current players and suit their style.

The problem with Arsenal is that they're appalling at paying a players value and buying early in the summer. Which may have prompted Mahrez to come out with the statement that he did yesterday.

doesn't really matter if he works out wherever he goes. In fact it's better that he doesn't.

Why an English club? i always assumed Mahrez would go to a rich French club such as PSG or Monaco.

Why an English club? i always assumed Mahrez would go to a rich French club such as PSG or Monaco.

Because the French league is complete turd and most of the seriously decent players leave to play elsewhere.

"their"

Stupid question.

How often do scouts buy them? (and you still believe that team's scouts watch every second of every game a player plays)

and irrelevant as I was talking about perception which is far more important in business today. Fans of clubs want Mahrez because of what they've seen on MOTD.

I withdraw my argument completely.

I really don't have the energy to reply constructively (mostly after watching all the football ever).

Although it is nice getting those lovely red notification things. It makes me feel like someone cares.

He's let it be known that his preference is to stay in England. In the past, he's said as much himself in interviews.

I think only Barca appeals to him outside England. And there is no reason to think that they'll want him.

He's let it be known that his preference is to stay in England. In the past, he's said as much himself in interviews.

I think only Barca appeals to him outside England. And there is no reason to think that they'll want him.
Be surprised if he wasn't tempted by the likes of PSG or Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566