Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's let it be known that his preference is to stay in England. In the past, he's said as much himself in interviews.

I think only Barca appeals to him outside England. And there is no reason to think that they'll want him.

He's also said he has 3 players marking him every game or someshit. He's full of shit and money talks.

He's also said he has 3 players marking him every game or someshit. He's full of shit and money talks.
Harsh but fair.

Monaco won't pay the money as their general policy is to buy young and cheap players and then sell on.

£30-£50 million will price them out I think.

I withdraw my argument completely.

I really don't have the energy to reply constructively (mostly after watching all the football ever).

Although it is nice getting those lovely red notification things. It makes me feel like someone cares.
Someone cares :056:

Glad to see that Mahrez agent is pretending that Barça want him. Might push the Arse price up.

And now he wants us to drop the asking price. Maybe he could offer to play for them for nothing to entice them to sign him.

50+ end of story if not he can sulk in the reserves

Sounds good. I'll accept £45m or he can fight for his place like everyone else. Some fans seem to think that certain players should have a place game in game out because of what they've done in the past.

Some people seem to think the same thing about managers.

I think the guy who suggested Jock Wallace back was just joking.

We get what we want or the deal doesn't happen, simple as that.

Its about time we started operating with a bit more bollocks about us.

There is a reason a 30+ year old Southampton defender is quoted as £50m and a younger Premier League player of the year, attacking midfielder at Leicester is expected to go for less.

We hold out for what last season made him worth IMO.

There is a reason a 30+ year old Southampton defender is quoted as £50m and a younger Premier League player of the year, attacking midfielder at Leicester is expected to go for less.

Are you talking about Van Dijk, Lako? He's 25 (soon to be 26), if so. Although I get what you are saying, nonetheless.

And now he wants us to drop the asking price. Maybe he could offer to play for them for nothing to entice them to sign him.

It does sound like the only interest in him is from a team unlikely to pay what we want. I'd guess at Arsenal. Would explain why he's been trying to lower his valuation this season gone.

I agree with this entirely. But if you're a man that's wealth increases by £2,5m a day over and above what you spend, are you that bothered?

I agree with this entirely. But if you're a man that's wealth increases by £2,5m a day over and above what you spend, are you that bothered?

That would be fine if it wasn't likely to have a negative impact on his colleagues. It may mean little financially to our owners but I can't imagine his replacement in the line up being happy on half the wages of someone who doesn't play. I'd be amazed if this hasn't already caused a problem this season when you've got a handful always trying who earn so much less than him.

It does sound like the only interest in him is from a team unlikely to pay what we want. I'd guess at Arsenal. Would explain why he's been trying to lower his valuation this season gone.
This is what I said (I think in this thread?), the other day.

That would clearly be beneficial to all parties. I really wish you ran the club.

It sends out a clear message that the owners will decide what happens to their assets when they are under contract. If Mahrez is unhappy and he sulks he can do it in the reserves if the majority of clubs did this players would think twice about rocking the boat just look at west ham. there are two trains of thought:
1 sell the player and try to recoup financially from it.
2 put the player back in his box if he decides to be unprofessional and not honour his current contractual agreement.

I am not saying Mahrez will sulk and it is clear that both parties have stood by their gentleman's agreement last season however I would be unhappy if the club allowed him to go for peanuts.

It sends out a clear message that the owners will decide what happens to their assets when they are under contract. If Mahrez is unhappy and he sulks he can do it in the reserves if the majority of clubs did this players would think twice about rocking the boat just look at west ham. there are two trains of thought:
1 sell the player and try to recoup financially from it.
2 put the player back in his box if he decides to be unprofessional and not honour his current contractual agreement.

I am not saying Mahrez will sulk and it is clear that both parties have stood by their gentleman's agreement last season however I would be unhappy if the club allowed him to go for peanuts.

I see know reason why Mahrez wouldn't sulk, he's done it for a full season already. It's all good saying he can rot in the reserves but is it fair we pay him more than double what we pay Albrighton and Gray to actually play? How long does this go on before he gets the arse?

I see know reason why Mahrez wouldn't sulk, he's done it for a full season already. It's all good saying he can rot in the reserves but is it fair we pay him more than double what we pay Albrighton and Gray to actually play? How long does this go on before he gets the arse?
As well as that, we would pay him something like £5M over the season, and his value would drop further. Whilst I get why people bring out the "let him rot in the reserves" line, it will cost us a lot of money and create a problem within the squad, as you say.

Little we can do about his wages unless we claim he isn't living up to his side of the contract. I'd have thought he'd try to get in the first team so that he could move onto somewhere else. If he doesn't it still gives a message to other Leicester players as big mac says. Doesn't matter how gifted you are, if you can't be arsed your career is over. would have a positive effect on Gray, Lawrence and Kapustska who would realise that with effort the starting place is theirs and the wages that eventually brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566