Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that he'll start the season with us and leave on deadline day as somebody's panic buy.

I could be wrong, though.

I think that's possible though I believe Arsenal won't make an offer of more than £30m for him and he'll be with us until January when the whole merry-go-round will start again and whichever elite team isn't doing too well (so 6th or lower) will make an offer for him and eventually agree to pay £50m if we don't cave first.

With 6 "elite" prem teams there is always going to be a couple that have to do something in January to appease their fans.

Lots of news reports saying Mahrez is 'furious'.

I am sure it is total made up crap for the sake of a story, but I would say that if there is any truth in this 'fury', then it is entirely Mahrez's own fault that he finds himself where he is.

We clearly have a valuation in mind. If he is half as good as he clearly thinks he is then he should have turned up last season and justified a "big team" paying the premium we have determined for his services. We don't have to sell, nor should we do so until we get what we want. To borrow some sound bites from other stubborn ****s...Mahrexit means Mahrexit. No deal is better than any deal, **** public services etc.

Reactions: FIF
He's currently watching Federer at Wimbledon instead of training for the new season. Outrageous.

He's currently watching Federer at Wimbledon instead of training for the new season. Outrageous.

He'll be struggling to see with the 4 other men marking him constantly. Poor bloke. Hope he enjoys the strawberries and whatever the shit is with that. Monkey tennis?

The Gunners have increased their offer for Monaco winger Thomas Lemar, 21, to £40m after having a £35m bid rejected. BBC.

Does not sound like Arsenal are the least bit interested in Mahrez.

Sounds as if Mahrez has been used as a smoke screen, negotiations with Monaco would have been going on before any offer was made.

Mahrez is clearly only a back-up option for them, as has been reported.

For that reason I don't see them spending £50m on him because they can probably get Tomas Lemar for that.

The only way I think they'll sign Mahrez is if they fail elsewhere and up their bid in a panic before the window shuts, or if we decide at the end of the window we're happy to take £35m for him (which I don't see happening)

The Gunners have increased their offer for Monaco winger Thomas Lemar, 21, to £40m after having a £35m bid rejected. BBC.

Does not sound like Arsenal are the least bit interested in Mahrez.

Will be interesting if Monaco refuse to sell Lemar.

Anyone seen Lemar, whether live or not!

How does his price/value compare to our valuation of Mahrez?

Mahrez at his best is every bit as good.

That's what makes him so ****ing frustrating.

He's done this himself really and there is only one way for him to rectify the situation and get himself a move in the future. I'm not sure he's man enough though.

kind of proves the arrogance of Wenger and the Gooners as a whole really. last season they put in a derisory bid for Vardy purely because he had a lame buy out clause, now it appears that Wenger is attempting to do the same with Mahrez.
I hope we stick to our valuation and tell him its fifty million or nothing.

It's the Arses way of doing things derisory offers for other clubs players, yet they want top dollar for players on their books, for example Sanchez at £80 million. Where Wenger has got that valuation from I do not know.

So Mahrez and Gylfi have both been priced at £50m.

You can only have one, which are you choosing?

I'll take Mahrez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670