Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mahrez had wanted to go last summer he would have gone. His agent would have put feelers out to Barcelona and the rest and obviously no-one was interested.

He did want to go last summer but he got persuaded to do the honourable thing and give us one more year.

If Mahrez had wanted to go last summer he would have gone. His agent would have put feelers out to Barcelona and the rest and obviously no-one was interested.

Maybe he thinks because he had a mostly crap season, like most of the rest of the team, we will be happy to sell him cheap.

We do not need to, particularly as nearly all of whatever we sell him for is profit. This is not a depreciating asset that we need to cut our losses with. If Mahrez wants someone to come in and offer big bucks, then he has to start playing again like POTY.

If he does then he can go in January to someone still in the Champions League finals.

Exactly.

Prices are even higher in January - panic transfers.

He did want to go last summer but he got persuaded to do the honourable thing and give us one more year.

But maybe he didn't go because nobody offered for him.

We had no offers for him.

Exactly.

Prices are even higher in January - panic transfers.

That works both ways - whoever we buy to replace him would be at an inflated cost also.

My concern is that Mehrez throws his toys out/plays shit for the season because we do not accept an 30+ million offer for him and hold out for more.

Leaving us with a confidence player who cannot be bothered. (and he looks like he can't be bothered when he's on form!)

My concern is that Mehrez throws his toys out/plays shit for the season because we do not accept an 30+ million offer for him and hold out for more.

Leaving us with a confidence player who cannot be bothered. (and he looks like he can't be bothered when he's on form!)

It's okay BN will love him still.

I find that scenario very unlikely and a good bit of a PR effort. More likely he was told he's going nowhere and could take a bumper deal to stay or stick to his existing contract and stay. Or no teams would pay our valuation, as is the beef now.

Reactions: FIF
Shakey says the club haven't received any offers for Mahrez - or for anyone else

Reactions: FIF
Arsenal or anyone else for that matter are paying for Marhez's potential which is significant. He's already proved he is a high class player, crap last season no doubt about that, ( I think he was badly advised ), but he remains a match winner when playing to his huge potential. City are right, players of his calibre don't come around often but when they do they command high prices, you want him you pay its simple really, its not a game of poker .

We'd notice no difference then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570