Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Mahrez and Gylfi have both been priced at £50m.

You can only have one, which are you choosing?

I'll take Mahrez.

Sigurdsson. He might actually want to play here.

Does he? I wouldn't bet against him ending up at Goodison with his old team mate Williams

I did say "might". Mahrez definitely doesn't.

If he does then fair enough. I reckon there's more chance of him wanting to play for us than Mahrez does.

If only it were that simple.

90% plus professional football players just want to get paid (as much as possible) to play, and enjoy it. They don't really give a shite what shirt they're wearing at the time.

One factor for Mahrez might have been the fuss around Slimani. They're clearly good mates but the rest of the squad haven't taken to Slimani at all. Rumous abound of Vardy disliking him intensely and the body language on the pitch last season indicated that Slimani wasn't loved by his team mates by the second half of the season.

Maybe it's been awkward being Mahrez in that situation. Stuck between team mates and a mate. Maybe Slimani leaving might make things a lot easier for Mahrez this season. If nobody offers big money for him of course.

90% plus professional football players just want to get paid (as much as possible) to play, and enjoy it. They don't really give a shite what shirt they're wearing at the time.

One factor for Mahrez might have been the fuss around Slimani. They're clearly good mates but the rest of the squad haven't taken to Slimani at all. Rumous abound of Vardy disliking him intensely and the body language on the pitch last season indicated that Slimani wasn't loved by his team mates by the second half of the season.

Maybe it's been awkward being Mahrez in that situation. Stuck between team mates and a mate. Maybe Slimani leaving might make things a lot easier for Mahrez this season. If nobody offers big money for him of course.

Mahrez was even worse in the first half of the season than the second. How does your rumour mill account for that.

Because everyone was crap first half the season because Ranieri banned chicken nuggets.

Slimani just got on everyone's tits all season.

I don't think making things up about who shares chicken nuggets with who is really helpful.

Mahrez doesn't want to play for us, Slimani or no Slimani.

Always thought provoking posts from you, BN. It's easy to forget that being rich doesn't help your head stay straight, and that even in a professional environment, not everyone is professional. I imagine this is particularly true for footballers, especially if they've not played in a multicultural team to any great lengths before.

Yes, they should be able to get over it, but they can't always do so.

Exhibit A - Wayne Brown.

Hopefully he will stay and laugh at Arsenal next season.

Why?

He has openly stated he doesn't want to play for Leicester City anymore. Why would you want a player who doesn't want to play for the club to stay?

He's made it about as clear as possible, both on and off the pitch.

Why?

He has openly stated he doesn't want to play for Leicester City anymore. Why would you want a player who doesn't want to play for the club to stay?

He's made it about as clear as possible, both on and off the pitch.

As has Ulloa - now rewarded for his mardy arsed misery with a fat pay rise

Reactions: FIF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673