Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had realised later that while The Prem has silly money in every pocket, places like Italy doesn't

Didn't stop Parma back in the day. If they really want him they should just pretend there's loads of money and hope it goes unnoticed.

But Roma just got twice that for selling a player.

Perhaps it's only us that don't realise Mahrez's true up-to-date value.

At least the bidding war has started

Let us pray it doesn't drag on too long 'til we get to the £35 million or so that we will inevitably accept

We just accept the price everyone else puts on their players, so it's understandable.

Sorry, but if this is as reported it is a total disgrace.

His agent has agreed personal terms with another club that then offer us about half his value?

Vichai needs to call in Mahrez and his agent and give them both a right hammering. We should then come out and say that he's not for sale unless another club agrees to pay £xxm. My valuation in this summers transfer market is about £45m. Our club look so weak in this situation at the moment.

That would end the nonsense from the likes of Roma and Arsenal that can not, or will not, pay that amount.

If he ends up leaving for an 'undisclosed' fee that stinks of our owners doing more personal favours for players over the best interests of the club, I for one won't be happy.

Mahrez needs to told to play well enough this season for City to earn the move he wants and then we all win.

id sooner accept a lower valuation if it meant him going abroad, £20mill is a joke but id take £30/£35 rather than hope Arsenal will stump up more

So he is a PFA player of the year and has won the prem league and played in the champions league Sigurdson is being touted as 50 million people are quoting Ross Barkley at 50 million?
Mahrez is 40 million starting if not he stays end of debate

He's worth what people are willing to pay.

Unfortunately we are finding out his true value as one mediocre Italian side is the only interested party.

Nice one Mahrez, you ****ed us and yourself over with your lazy, uninterested dog shit of a season.

To think he actually came out and demanded a move, naive pillock.

Would imagine most deals are arranged between buying club and player/agent long before the selling club receive an offer.
His agent needs gripping by the club big style, it's simple really Mahrez and his agent are called in and told the offer starts at 40 million until then they can both **** off!
I hate agents thieving twats if Mahrez does not accept it he can sit on the reserves or the bench his call, I think similar things went down at WBA with Pullis.

So he is a PFA player of the year and has won the prem league and played in the champions league Sigurdson is being touted as 50 million people are quoting Ross Barkley at 50 million?

Spot on.

I get the feeling that this won't end well for anybody.

I think we should go public with an asking price of £35 to 40million, I don't think Mahrez could argue it's too unreasonable a sum in the current market, and we make it clear we won't be taken advantage of by other clubs.

If nobody is willing to offer that, hopefully Mahrez gets the message that his performances need to improve to the get the move he desires.

To be honest I hope Mahrez feels insulted by the £20million offer, and it gives him a reality check.

Musa has played in the Chanpions League. As has Ben Hamer. I get your point about winning the PL and PFA player of the year, but playing in the CL is a non argument.

He's worth what people are willing to pay.

Unfortunately we are finding out his true value as one mediocre Italian side is the only interested party.

Nice one Mahrez, you ****ed us and yourself over with your lazy, uninterested dog shit of a season.

To think he actually came out and demanded a move, naive pillock.
Exactly this - he's worth what people are willing to pay.

Clubs will look at last season and assume 15/16 was a one off. Can't blame them for not wanting to risk £40-50m on him.

Musa has played in the Chanpions League. As has Ben Hamer. I get your point about winning the PL and PFA player of the year, but playing in the CL is a non argument.
Not if clubs can demand 40 mill plus for a player who has done well in a relegation battle Mahrez has cut the mustard at a very high level and has held his own even last season he showed glimpses of the title winning year, and he still has 8_10 years left in him, if we let him go for anything less than 50 million we are mugs IMO

For me we should keep Mahrez. He can go next summer. He can stay at home combing his hair for all I care. Why? Because of that stupid ****ing disrespectful statement he put out. He deserves a club statement. You are players, we own your ass. Shut the **** up, do your business behind closed doors or don't expect **** all from us.

I'd love to bitch slap Mahrez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570