Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reports are that the £32m was a final, take it or leave it bid.

Thanks Roma, but you're ok, we'll leave it thanks.

The reports are that the £32m was a final, take it or leave it bid.

Thanks Roma, but you're ok, we'll leave it thanks.
Will Wenger have a dabble? Probably offer us 32 million and a penny the point is we should be saying 50 million if you do not start at that then don't bother wasting our time.

I was interested to see Clement talking about the Sigurdsson situation. He was referring to an imminent deadline beyond which he wasn't going to be available any more. The rationale being that he needed replacing so Swansea needed the deal to happen in sufficient time to enable them to reinvest.

If only someone would say the same about Mahrez. The talk is only about the size of the bids and the attitude of Mahrez himself.

Unless we're complete morons, he won't be going to the likes of Arsenal or Roma because they won't pay what he is worth. My concern is more about the big club that dives in late to take him. And leaves us totally bereft of creativity.

Arsenal will do what they always do.

They will come in for a panic bid at the end of the window due to not securing players early enough and Wenger shitting his pants.

This will leave us with lots of money and even less creativity.

I was interested to see Clement talking about the Sigurdsson situation. He was referring to an imminent deadline beyond which he wasn't going to be available any more. The rationale being that he needed replacing so Swansea needed the deal to happen in sufficient time to enable them to reinvest.

If only someone would say the same about Mahrez. The talk is only about the size of the bids and the attitude of Mahrez himself.

Unless we're complete morons, he won't be going to the likes of Arsenal or Roma because they won't pay what he is worth. My concern is more about the big club that dives in late to take him. And leaves us totally bereft of creativity.

Agreed.

But I'd question why were not looking to sign a replacement right now. He wants to leave, we can't rely on him staying and we need more creativity. We should be looking for a replacement right now regardless of what happens with Mahrez.

Agreed.

But I'd question why were not looking to sign a replacement right now. He wants to leave, we can't rely on him staying and we need more creativity. We should be looking for a replacement right now regardless of what happens with Mahrez.
Unless Shakey thinks Gray is the replacement.

Where do you find a replacement for Mahrez? After all, we found Mahrez when we weren't even looking for him.

It's a Drinkwater replacement we might need the most, he's gone off a cliff in terms of performance.

Replacing Mahrez with a winger is the easier part, we clearly won't replace him like for like.

Centrally is where we should be focused imo

It's a Drinkwater replacement we might need the most, he's gone off a cliff in terms of performance.

Replacing Mahrez with a winger is the easier part, we clearly won't replace him like for like.

I'd agree. Despite the embarrassing amount of central midfielders we have, we're still short of quality in that area. Time to ship 3 or 4 of them out and bring 1 in.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Drinkwater is the team weather vane.

If all is well and we're in good shape, he plays well. If it's all going to shit, he's the one that exemplifies it most.

He is the antithesis of a leader. If we improve, he improves.

Interesting to me that Danny Drinkwater excelled in a side that had N'golo Kante screening the back four so well, it allows the creativity that Danny has in bucket loads to dictate play. When being asked to screen he's not effective and once his confidence goes then he's distinctly average.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Drinkwater is the team weather vane.

If all is well and we're in good shape, he plays well. If it's all going to shit, he's the one that exemplifies it most.

He is the antithesis of a leader. If we improve, he improves.

Completely true as a post, when we are storming it Drinks is a class player. He doesn't drag us out of the mire when all's going to shit though.

Interesting to me that Danny Drinkwater excelled in a side that had N'golo Kante screening the back four so well, it allows the creativity that Danny has in bucket loads to dictate play. When being asked to screen he's not effective and once his confidence goes then he's distinctly average.

Exactly why we have needed a formation change.

Unfortunately we won't get one.

Drinkwater and Morgan both need replacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572