Malta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posh bastard :p

I use kayak for finding european flights. I want to go to Marrakech for a long weekend, supposed to be very nice.

Posh bastard :p

I use kayak for finding european flights. I want to go to Marrakech for a long weekend, supposed to be very nice.

I'm off to Gran Canaria on Weds. Managed to get 4 return flights for £39.98 each from Brum. I don't take any checked in luggage and I've got a pre paid MasterCard, so I benefit from the advertised price :038:

I want to go to Marrakech for a long weekend, supposed to be very nice.

Been there twice. It's a fascinating place.

Malta is fine NF you will enjoy it. As DV says Valletta is well worth a visit as is Gozo. I have been many times as we used to own a house there. St Pauls bay is a good place to stay with plenty of bars and not too busy.

As for the bird thing. The plus side is you don't get woke at dawn with the ****ers tweeting all the while, especially when you have not been in bed long after filling yourself with beer all night.

Just out of interest, do you support the meat industry in your home country?
Not sure what you mean. Do I eat meat? Yes. Do I actively support meat farmerts? Well, I buy their products, so I suppose I do. I'm not sure how this relates, though.

I also support the legal hunting of birds and other animals. This is generally done in a thoughtful and sustainable manner and is generally a good thing for conservation.

What I don't support is the wholesale slaughter of vulnerable wild animals whilst they are migrating. This is what is happening in Malta, and has been happeneing for a long time.

As for the bird thing. The plus side is you don't get woke at dawn with the ****ers tweeting all the while, especially when you have not been in bed long after filling yourself with beer all night.
Well done, cretin boy :038:

Ridiculous comparison, but I love the way you implied it's all dessies fault! quality

you worry about your little dicky birds, I worry about things that are more serious.

http://stopchildslavery.com/2010/01...-of-children-in-the-united-states-fact-sheet/

Oh look this is happening in the good old US of A!
Yes, I take full responsibility for everything that happens in this country. :icon_roll

As someone who spends a great deal of time looking at pretty little fishies, I'm surprised you're not a bit more thoughtful when it comes to the environment.

Actually, I'm not that surprised, seeing as you're a ****. :)

Not sure what you mean. Do I eat meat? Yes. Do I actively support meat farmerts? Well, I buy their products, so I suppose I do. I'm not sure how this relates, though.

The point that I was making is that I dislike the number of people who are hypocritical when it comes to animal cruelty and their protection. Anyone who consumes meat in this day and age is funding a cruel and inhumane practice, especially if purchasing factory farmed meat. And yet people seem to pick and choose when and where to apply their morales, on a specific breed of animals or on a single case of inhumanity.

What I don't support is the wholesale slaughter of vulnerable wild animals whilst they are migrating. This is what is happening in Malta, and has been happeneing for a long time.

Why's this any different to the slaughter of millions of captive animals, who aren't even given the decency of suitable living conditions before they are slaughtered?

This isn't an attack on you personally; I just find the hypocrisy of the situation bewildering.

The point that I was making is that I dislike the number of people who are hypocritical when it comes to animal cruelty and their protection. Anyone who consumes meat in this day and age is funding a cruel and inhumane practice, especially if purchasing factory farmed meat. And yet people seem to pick and choose when and where to apply their morales, on a specific breed of animals or on a single case of inhumanity.

What about people that eat meat from animals farmed in a humane way? Human beings are omnivores, are we all evil for eating animals that have lived enjoyable lives in open fields, cared for, well fed and given medical treatment as necessary. Animals that would never have been born if humans didn't eat meat?

Why's this any different to the slaughter of millions of captive animals, who aren't even given the decency of suitable living conditions before they are slaughtered?

This isn't an attack on you personally; I just find the hypocrisy of the situation bewildering.

There is no hypocrisy. The birds being hunted in Malta could result in the entire disappearance of those species and has no relation to animals being farmed in inhumane conditions.
You're trying to conflate two unrelated situations.

The problem is FryattFox, anyone who eats that quorn or Linda McCartney shit ends up looking like a feckin albino, and as others have said there is an option to buy free-range, organic and so forth. Of course i also concede in most cases it is far more expensive (but undoubtedly better for you)...

Bloody veggies!!! :icon_roll And you lot wonder why you are never invited for dinner :icon_wink

The problem is FryattFox, anyone who eats that quorn or Linda McCartney shit ends up looking like a feckin albino, and as others have said there is an option to buy free-range, organic and so forth. Of course i also concede in most cases it is far more expensive (but undoubtedly better for you)...

Or Gillian Fecking McKeith. My god, if that woman is supposed to be the vision of healthy living then I'd rather eat crap and die young!

Bloody veggies!!! :icon_roll And you lot wonder why you are never invited for dinner :icon_wink

Or Gillian Fecking McKeith. My god, if that woman is supposed to be the vision of healthy living then I'd rather eat crap and die young!

She is one feckin pathetic pig faced, wank pot.

there is an option to buy free-range, organic and so forth. Of course i also concede in most cases it is far more expensive (but undoubtedly better for you)...

I buy all my beef, lamb and pork from butchers that either own the farms where the animals are produced or source from local farmers, where the welfare of the animals is guaranteed. There's very little difference in price from the prepackaged supermarket crap.
A free range chicken will cost a € or two more, but the extra cost is worth it just for the superior taste and texture of the meat, even if you couldn't give a **** about the welfare of the animal.

I buy all my beef, lamb and pork from butchers that either own the farms where the animals are produced or source from local farmers, where the welfare of the animals is guaranteed. There's very little difference in price from the prepackaged supermarket crap.

That may be so in the Irish Republic where 'supermarket meat' is inordinately expensive. You shouldn't presume that the same would apply in the UK.

That may be so in the Irish Republic where 'supermarket meat' is inordinately expensive. You shouldn't presume that the same would apply in the UK.

I wasn't presuming anything. I haven't done any price comparison, so I don't know how much more expensive it is from the UK, or if it is. Just relating my own situation.

I still don't feel as if I'm involved in any cruel, outrageous, inhumane torture of animals just because I meat though, that's for sure

I wasn't presuming anything. I haven't done any price comparison, so I don't know how much more expensive it is from the UK, or if it is. Just relating my own situation.

I still don't feel as if I'm involved in any cruel, outrageous, inhumane torture of animals just because I meat though, that's for sure

I'm sure you're not.

In relation to this whole debate, there is in any case a huge difference between killing animals to eat and killing animals for sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710