Man City 4 Leicester 2 - FA Cup 3rd round replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Man City 4 Leicester 2 (6-4 agg) FA Cup

And if anyone can tell me what the point of Matt Oakley is, please write it down and send it straight to Mr Feckin' Useless, 500 Shit Street, Wanktown
Could I have the post code please as I'm thinking of paying him a visit?

No worries

Players like Howard, Oakley, Hobbs and Berner wouldn't get anywhere near the feckin' team if we did make it
They are obviously just making up numbers at the moment. With players like naughton, bamba, yakubu arriving I suspect dad's army will be gradually shipped out.

No worries

Players like Howard, Oakley, Hobbs and Berner wouldn't get anywhere near the feckin' team if we did make it

I had high hopes for Hobbs but you could see why Liverpool got rid tonight.

Last edited:
Have to say, ESPN coverage makes Channel 5 look good

Never seen anything quite like it

They looked at Setanta's model and then took it to extremes. Chris ****ing Waddle as a pundit, woops! A man who says pelanties for **** sake.

Also, Savage is a complete cockend. He must be the second most annoying person in the world, just behind mr blobby.

Cannot complain we did not have the players to hurt them,but they gave there all and that's what counts.

Sven regards Hobbs as a back up CB and will replace him as soon as he can, i'm lead to believe there aren't too many that will be even in the squad come the start of next season.

On what I saw tonight though i'd rather he kept waghorn and farmed out Howard.

Sven regards Hobbs as a back up CB and will replace him as soon as he can, i'm lead to believe there aren't too many that will be even in the squad come the start of next season.

On what I saw tonight though i'd rather he kept waghorn and farmed out Howard.

Definately. Not just on tonight's evidence, I think it'd be good to let Howard go. Wasn't just ineffective tonight but in the Championship. Doesn't suit our game under Sven IMO.

Hobbs had a bad game tonight playing against quality attackers. You could see the effort was there atleast. For the time being I think he's good enough for the Championship and that's where we are.

In general I think today's game highlighted we probably need a bit more strength in depth too.

I don't know why you bother! Just a miserable bastard all the time.

Sven pretty much admitted it himself. Gallagher taken off as a precaution, Wellens rested, Vassell will be fit for Saturday. I genuinely don't think he was bothered about trying to get a result tonight.

In itself I don't care about that. I agree that the league is far more important and would have supported them playing the ressies or youth team tonight.

But anyone who talks bollocks about 'pride' and giving them a 'run for their money' etc didn't actually watch the game properly. Man City pissed all over us from start to finish and never actually broke into a sweat to do it. The match was as far removed from the first game between the sides as it was possible to be.

The match was as far removed from the first game between the sides as it was possible to be.

What complete and utter bollocks.

Sven pretty much admitted it himself. Gallagher taken off as a precaution, Wellens rested, Vassell will be fit for Saturday. I genuinely don't think he was bothered about trying to get a result tonight.

In itself I don't care about that. I agree that the league is far more important and would have supported them playing the ressies or youth team tonight.

But anyone who talks bollocks about 'pride' and giving them a 'run for their money' etc didn't actually watch the game properly. Man City pissed all over us from start to finish and never actually broke into a sweat to do it. The match was as far removed from the first game between the sides as it was possible to be.

I agreed until you wrote 'wasn't bothered about trying to get a result tonight'. Gallagher went off injured and wasn't worth risking a key player in the cup. Then it went to 3-1 our chances didn't look great and it was pretty obvious Sven was looking at the bigger picture in taking Wellens off. We started really well, as well as we had played in the first game. After Gally went off it was pretty much all Man City until they missed a penalty. That seemed to give us a bit of a kick up the arse and we improved after that showing a bit more attacking intent, playing some decent passing football without ever really threatening them a great deal.

Maybe we watched a different game. As I said, given the circumstances I think we put in a decent performance. The effort was there from most of them but some were found wanting in the quality department in this match...

Last edited:
Don't forget that Man City are 31 places above us and we still scored 2 and looked at one point like we could make it 3-3 aswell having pretty much the whole midfield out. At least we can focus on the league now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669