Man City 4 Leicester 2 - FA Cup 3rd round replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proud of the lads performance we just needed greater quality in the final third.

tbh it's the first third (if the high defensive line is actually in that area) I'm worried about. Get that sorted and we'll reach the playoffs for sure.

Morning after and it's a definite thumbs up for the overall performance, good to see Richie and Gally look very comfortable against top drawer opposition - let's hope it's transferred to Millwall on Saturday.

Apart from the disappointment that we didn't nail it in the first game, and effectively the Vieira goal coming down our left so soon after Gally was injured - and killed us off, this should be the springboard to really achieve something this season.

Overall I thought we played some good stuff and did look dangerous on occassions but the lack of depth in the squad was evident when players like Moussa, Howard and Berner are playing.

Howard doesnt suit the formation we play and several times he flicked the ball on instead of holding it up. He did try and close their defence down but after one sprint he looked knackered.

Moussa just looked out of his depth and why was he taking corners? They were so bad I was calling for Oakley to take them instead.

The worst of the lot was Berner! He was at fault for the second and third goal and is just too slow against any winger with a bit of pace.

Rather than trying to make a 'big name' signing Sven should be looking at adding 3/4 good players who can help improve the squad and add more depth to the squad.

Overall I thought we played some good stuff and did look dangerous on occassions but the lack of depth in the squad was evident when players like Moussa, Howard and Berner are playing.

Howard doesnt suit the formation we play and several times he flicked the ball on instead of holding it up. He did try and close their defence down but after one sprint he looked knackered.

Moussa just looked out of his depth and why was he taking corners? They were so bad I was calling for Oakley to take them instead.

The worst of the lot was Berner! He was at fault for the second and third goal and is just too slow against any winger with a bit of pace.

Rather than trying to make a 'big name' signing Sven should be looking at adding 3/4 good players who can help improve the squad and add more depth to the squad.

I thought Moussa did pretty well for a player who hasn't figured reqularly for some time, he beat players on the floor and held the ball ok but his final ball wasn't all that special, Lloyd gets away with this type of performance week in week out and is aa hero for it.

I thought Moussa did pretty well for a player who hasn't figured reqularly for some time, he beat players on the floor and held the ball ok but his final ball wasn't all that special, Lloyd gets away with this type of performance week in week out and is aa hero for it.

This is really all that matters, no point taking on 4 people if you only give it away afterwarrds.

What is an aa hero? :icon_bigg

This is really all that matters, no point taking on 4 people if you only give it away afterwarrds.

What is an aa hero? :icon_bigg

As I said Lloyd (amongst others in our squad) has no final ball most of the time and is still rated by our fans.

Double hit on the a key, suppose no one has ever done that before.

Last edited:
I thought the first 36mins we played well and caused them some problems. But 2 defensive lapses killed us off in the space of a minute!!!

Dyer did well although I thought the pen was soft and he was offside for his goal (nice touch from the ref though:icon_bigg). Hobbs and Yuki were both poor, Gally, Dyer and Wellens played well. Hobbs bit lucky not to be sent off.

Probably bit harsh to 'criticise' as we dont face that kind of opposition in this league, think we need to strengthen our defence though

Odd game, in the sense of it went through so many phases. We started well, the Man City should have gone two up, then we bagged and we were more than a match for them. There was a game at that point and then a couple of ****-up's, game over. Second half reality was Man City strolled around and just kept us at bay. Dyer's goal gave them shitty pants and the fourth goal, you can't complain about when you're chasing the game.

Tevez and Johnson, grow the **** up. By celebrating in front of the 6,000 travelling support, it shows we get under your skin. Maybe it's because we were the only set of fans you could hear. Both games I've witnessed a group of Man City lads now more than 10 of them attempting to get reactions off Leicester fans outside the ground with daft chants. Maybe it's because they have been shown up twice in terms of support. Wanna be a big club? Fill your stadium more than you did last night.

Quite evident, how weak our squad is. Howard was embrassingly bad, Kompany made him look a pub player (the three lads I didn't want to play for Man City did; Kompany, Yaya and Silva). It was a big stage for Moussa to come on too, I still think he could be handy for us if used at the right situation. I love Hobbsy but his potential looks like it's going to be unfulfilled. To put it into context however, Wolves got similar treatment to us on Saturday and they are Premiership who handed Doncaster a 5-0 hammering in the same vein we did.

I have criticised Gallagher on repeat occasion over the past seasona nd half but since Xmas, he's been one of our hardest workers. Looks like he needs someone to tell him how 'good' he is and he starts to enjoy himself. Maybe all the nobbers who call Wellens blind will realise how much of an important player he is for us when he went off at HT. It took about the 75th minute before Abe began to attack their midfield. Fair play to Dyer too; he's all pace and looked out of his depth in the first tie but he kept going yesterday.

'All that money and you've won feck all.' and 'The Poznan/Grecque' :icon_lol: It's a shame no-one in England has realised what that dance is all about!

Agree with Hazzman, but to be honest our "Poznan" was much better than theirs!:081:

I thought Dyer played well and was far too quick for their defenders.

I would've liked Waggy to have come on earlier - Howard was knackered after the first half.

Naughton stood up to Tevez well and I would love him to sign permanently.

Moussa isn't a bad player i think maybe he's a little inexperienced and remember he's not played every game all season.

If we had a reserve side playing constantly then our fringe players would be sharper than they are so hopefully that will return next season.:065:

Remember, the team we played had players of premiership, champions league and international quality and we gave them a good run for their money. Very proud of the team and what great support yet again!:038:

Now let's get promoted! :icon_cool

Care to elaborate?

It's a sign of discontent. The reason Lech did it when they did at Man City was because they had just lost three on the trot in the league and were on the edge of the relegation zone, they are reigning Polish champions.

EDIT: signing 'Glory, glory Man United' was small-time though....didn't sing that fecker.

Last edited:
Doing the Poznan was the highlight of the night.

Can't really add much more to whats already been said apart from without Gallagher and Wellens we really do look a much poorer side. Also I think Berner was so poor last night because after Gallagher went off, Moussa never really tracked back to help, leaving him exposed 2:1 most of the time.

OH and if you sang "glory glory man utd" shame on you.

It's a sign of discontent. The reason Lech did it when they did at Man City was because they had just lost three on the trot in the league and were on the edge of the relegation zone, they are reigning Polish champions.

Without wishing to turn this into a Polish League Thread, Lech have been awful in the Ekstraklasa this season.

But our Poznan was better than their's as well as every other part of our support. To out-sing 20,000 of the so-called "Best support in the Premiership" was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69