Man City 4 Leicester 2 - FA Cup 3rd round replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing the Poznan was the highlight of the night.

Can't really add much more to whats already been said apart from without Gallagher and Wellens we really do look a much poorer side. Also I think Berner was so poor last night because after Gallagher went off, Moussa never really tracked back to help, leaving him exposed 2:1 most of the time.

OH and if you sang "glory glory man utd" shame on you.

The killer 3rd goal was completely Berner's fault, he should have tracked Johnson but instead he just stepped up hoping to claim offside, leaving Johnson to waltz through and score.

As I said Lloyd (amongst others in our squad) has no final ball most of the time and is still rated by our fans.

Double hit on the a key, suppose no one has ever done that before.

So because Dyer gives the ball away it is ok for Moussa to do it? :102:

Dyer also tracked back throughout the night...I didnt see Moussa tracking back that often.

The killer 3rd goal was completely Berner's fault, he should have tracked Johnson but instead he just stepped up hoping to claim offside, leaving Johnson to waltz through and score.

I never said he wasn't entirely to blame :icon_razz and your next post seems to agree :icon_bigg

I never said he wasn't entirely to blame :icon_razz and your next post seems to agree :icon_bigg

Moussa tracking back had nothing to do with Berner stepping up and hoping for offside

Last edited:
Moussa tracking back had nothing to do with Berner stepping up and hoping for offside
I was agreeing Berner was at fault for the third goal, I was saying he was more exposed and hence poor due to Moussas lack of tracking back on the whole. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

I think the 3rd goal was Hobbs fault more than anything. Naughton and Bamba seemed to step up with Berner as well, but Hobbs didn't and played Johnson onside.

I think Sven brought Moussa on expecting him to offer better cover than Waghorn would've managed. He showed a few neat touches but i don't think he's really a winger and will probably be off at the end of the season as we'll improve a lot quicker than he does.

Really impressed by how Wellens stood up to Prem opposition. Before these games against Man City I didn't think he'd 'cut the mustard' if we got promoted. Not so sure about Kingy tho'.

I think it's harsh to criticise Abe. He did a lot of running last night, settled the nereves with some tidy covering and rarely gave the ball away. Also, when he was instructed to push on more he looked like our only chance of getting anything form the game. He played a great one-two with the ref as well.

Howard looked alright for the first 10 mins. He held the ball up ok when played to his chest but as soon as he started running he looked nackered.

Dyer needed to put in a performance after his no show at the Walkers. And it WAS a pen, no matter how soft.

Not sure how Hobbs stayed on the pitch. Clearest red card I've every seen. The referee seemed to want an easy night though, fair play to him.

Chris Weale was also very good again. That first goal was hit so hard I doubt many 'keepers would have been able to react quick enough to keep it out.

Yeah, Abe is a holding player, so it seems harsh to criticise him when asked to push forward, not really his job. It was a great ball for the assist for our second though.

As some people have posted - a few weak links in the team were exposed yesterday but I think they are likely not to be much of an issue in the promotion campaign as they are either fringe players or likely to be replaced very soon.

My main disappointment in terms of performances is the sad, arrested development of Jack Hobbs. When he first arrived he looiked as if he would be in the mould of a Walsh/Elliot and would continue to grow in stature game by game. Allthough his game in the league has improved just a touch from how utterly dire he was under Sousa, he has still been well below what is required for a promotion seeking team -and was very, very poor last night. Looking ahead to trying to break into the top 6 - we urgently need a replacement because Vitor seems very injury prone.

Did anyone think that Tevez deserved to be sent off after raising his hands to Wellens? I didn't really see what started it, and if Wellens provoked it in any way, but as I understand it if you raise your hands to a player it should be a straight red card.

Did anyone think that Tevez deserved to be sent off after raising his hands to Wellens? I didn't really see what started it, and if Wellens provoked it in any way, but as I understand it if you raise your hands to a player it should be a straight red card.

Nope. The only person that should have been sent off last night was Hobbs.

Nope. The only person that should have been sent off last night was Hobbs.

I would have sent Tevez off just for being an Argentinian! He will be claiming the Channel Islands next!

No i think Tevez slapped his hand..but it was lovely to see Tevez have a few huffs and puffs of frustration!

However I thought Kolarov (was it?) made contact with Dyer but I think the ref did well in keeping everyone calm and not throwing cards around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669