Man City 4 Leicester 2 - FA Cup 3rd round replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
And talking of Brown Nose, what about Savage on Mancini? Cringeworthy stuff.
I thought they were going to start necking each other.

By the way is it me or does Wellens look a complete class act. At times I thought he even made their lads look a bit silly.

I thought they were going to start necking each other.

By the way is it me or does Wellens look a complete class act. At times I thought he even made their lads look a bit silly.

Wellens, Dyer and Gally are three who I think are definately good enough for the top tier... would like to see Dyer improve his final ball quality in general but his finish tonight was pretty tidy in all fairness..

Just got back, really proud of my team...

To fight back to 3-2 without, in my opinion the best two players in our starting XI (bar dyer) was fenomenal.

Take that into the championship and we will get promoted, especially if we can start feeding the yak and many other top signing sven is hunting down.

Good stuff. City were bricking themselves at times there

Not that it mattered but who was it who gave away that terrible midfield pass that led to the Tevez missed penalty?

The Mancs in the Maine Road chippy opposite the ground certainly thought we had given them a game. They asked if we always played like that or if we had raised our game. I was happy to point out the number of first choices that were missing, particularly late in the game. They were impressed with our style and effort. I'm happy to accept their view.

Watched on ESPN what a bunched of dopes, Macmanaman is a tosser and Sav, had his hair done for LKO with Manish last night looked like a gyppo tonight and I thought he was going to make love to Manicini. Anyway, proud how we did, cock ups at the back YES, but great to hear you all at wastelands shouting til the end, keep Waggy get rid of Howard, hope there is more to come in in the next 2 weeks, I am sure we are going to be in the shake up in April. COME ON THE BLUE ARMY

Big caveat 'coz I only saw BBC website texts and ITV highlights, but it did seem like we were taking it to them and and getting in shots and crosses right through the game.

To keep up the second half pressure without Yakubo, Vassell, Gally and Wellens is great.

Bamba in the thick of it and I loved his little twirl to sidestep and rob Tevez and make him look ordinary!

Well done lads!

It seemed to me that Gally's substitution was the turning point in the game. I thought Sven should have brought Waghorn on instead of Moussa. Howard struggled as a lone striker, so getting someone to play off him might have worked.

With missing a few, playing to the players' strengths instead of fitting them into a system might have been a better option.

However, they are second in the Premier League and with a full-strength side we could have turned them over.

Plus the support was fantastic. The "Pozńan" was great. Barely heard the Man City fans all night.

Certainly not a massively one-sided game by any means, but the truth is we never really looked capable of pulling it off. Happy with that effort though :038: plenty of PL sides can't give them a game.

Also, I met LCFCmonkey (briefly) and 4-4-2 (less briefly) :)

The Mancs in the Maine Road chippy opposite the ground certainly thought we had given them a game. They asked if we always played like that or if we had raised our game. I was happy to point out the number of first choices that were missing, particularly late in the game. They were impressed with our style and effort. I'm happy to accept their view.

They do lovely donner kebab and chips in there I must say.

Last edited:
Harsh for anybody to be overly critical after we competed with such a strong team. I think some people (maybe only a couple on here) seem to forget how far we've come in such a short period. We're actually getting the ball down and have a speed of play that doesn't always involve hoof ball, and long diagonals. However, couple of things I noticed which could have been better;

- Weale should have done better with the first goal. Good strike, but definitely could have tipped that over with a strong hand.
- Howard is out of his depth, and has zero mobility. I thought Waghorn was far more effective playing in a central role.
- Not sure why we were intent on playing such an obvious offside trap, falling to the excellent diagonal runs of their forwards. We're not quick enough at the back to play so high up.
- You can't put a price on goals, but would love to see Andy King add an extra dimension to his game.

Fans were excellent, which was great to see. Let's hope we can take the positives from tonight and push on in the league.

Well you watched a different match to me. We scored two undeserved goals (for me it wasn't a pen and the second was clearly offside).

Man City were shite and never got out of first gear. We defended very badly.

Could have been a great night but the players weren't up for it at all.

I tihnk you watched a different game to everyone else if you think the players weren't 'up for it'. It was an uphill battle anyhoo, but I think for the most part they played ok.

And if anyone can tell me what the point of Matt Oakley is, please write it down and send it straight to Mr Feckin' Useless, 500 Shit Street, Wanktown

He's there for the prettiness.

What the feck do they know? :icon_roll

The ITV highlights shown last nite were rubbish as usual and may have given the impression that we created very few chances. Had it not been for Chris Coleman mentioning that we had pushed Man City and taken the game to them anyone just watching the highlights might have thought it was a straight forward win.

Then on BBC's Breakfast Sport report they had the cheek to just show Man City's first and last goals!! It was mentioned we had fought back-but they should have showed the goal that got it back to 3-2.

Proud of the lads performance we just needed greater quality in the final third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669