Man City 4 Leicester 2 - FA Cup 3rd round replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
man city have conceded 10 goals in 12 home games. Personally I think we can hold our heads up high and gave a decent enough performance, not gutted we out of the cup as its a distraction but we gave them a game.

Last edited:
man city have conceded 10 goals in 12 home games. Personally I think we can hold our heads up high and gave a decent enough performance, not gutted we out of the cup as its a distraction but we gave them a game.

Exactly my view. We've scored 4 against them in two games and there is nothing to be ashamed of in our performance in either game. We can not expect to compete with such a big-money club on an equal footing; we did better than I thought we would.

Now let's get on with the job that remains.

Exactly my view. We've scored 4 against them in two games and there is nothing to be ashamed of in our performance in either game. We can not expect to compete with such a big-money club on an equal footing; we did better than I thought we would.

:038:

Talking of their fans and the empty seats I suddenly realised that as the attendance last night was only 27,755 that over the two ties Leicester CITY actually had more fans watching the Cup Ties than Man City did.

So who is the big "City" now eh.

The papers all had headlines like "City made to sweat". Sure half these reporters just see the Premier League and anything out of it are just also-runs.

Last edited:
That's because they're not there. What did he say? Has he decided that they were out of place?

My mistake - looks like if you log in you get the updated posts. :icon_redf

What a goal by Tever. Lucky with the rebound but great finish. Good player! PENALTY!!

GOAL! Weird strategy for the penalty taker but nice finish.

Leicester really having a go at City. Very impressive so far.

Gallagher looked the mutts nuts until he went off and we were pretty much fecked after that.

Well, we were basically fecked as soon as Howard put his boots on. It's almost farcical to trot him out against a club like Man City. Should be moved on and Waghorn should have got the start.

Defending was pretty shambolic, and as a few have said Berner looked completely bewildered (not for the first time), as did Hobbs. Wouldn't be surprised if Mee got a game in place of one of them against Millwall. Hate to say it, but we might need to be looking elsewhere at centre back in regards to Jackie boy. Shame. Sousa ruined him. I thought Bamba looked alright, but he was a part of the back four that was at odds and ends, so hard to completely evaluate his performance.

Wellens, yet again, looked superb and the discipline Abe shows is very impressive. Kingy always so dangerous, but as Brown Nose has said, I think he might be playing just a little too far up the pitch and it's limiting his impact.

The good news now is we can get Mee, Vassell, Yakubu and hopefully Vitor into the side, add one or two more bits of quality (left back, keeper, centre back) and we can get a move on in the league.

I tell you this, it's been nice watching City at least 7-8 times this year. A far cry from the days when I found out results by getting the mercury sent air mail.

Last edited:
We've come out of this ok - on the basis that we more or less took them all the way.

That said even given that they have exceptional quality up front our central defence looks rocky and has done all season. Let's hope we can get away with it for the rest of the season.

We are fortunate to be out of the FA Cup now. A couple more injuries to key players at this stage whilst we are playing catch up and our slender chances of getting promotion this season would be all but over.

I just hope that we haven't lost too much focus and energy for the Millwall game.

I should think after being up for those two Cup games, they would want to give Millwall a good thumping, or spanking, or just stick 6 past them!

I don't know what's up with Brown Nose, but overall, I was happy with Leicester's performance last night.

Okay, we need to improve things, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda, but some games don't warrant such critical analysis. Save it for Saturday.

Exactly. So why some folk feel the need to be totally negative escapes me.

Anyhoo photos!:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=265114&id=677852270&saved

And it was nice meeting 4-4-2 before the game as well! And ta for thinking I looked a LOT younger than I am!:icon_lol:( It's my mental age showing through y'see......17 going on 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669