Man Utd v Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well played Barca thoroughly deserved win. Man Utd were battered. As for all the hype about Messi and Ronaldo, Iniesta stole the show asbolute quality. People shouldn't be fooled though as Ronaldo is better than Messi!

They're two different players in my opinion. Messi a joy to watch on the ball as he has the balance and skill to just ghost past people. On a few occasions last night he made Anderson and Carrick look like statues. Whilst Rnaldo looks more powerful when he gets into his stride I think Messi's short bursts and acceleration make him a better player when dribbling the ball. Ronaldo has the swagger and the power, we've all seen it with his free-kicks and arial ability. Whilst I haven't seen half as much of Messi as I have of Ronaldo i'd go so far as to say Messi is the more composed and uses possesion of the ball better. Ronaldo looked far too greedy last night, there was one instance in the first half when Rooney was in acres on the left side of the box and screaming for the ball and Ronaldo took the option of a very difficult shot.

I am however in agreement that Iniesta was different gravy last night, what a fantastic example of the simple ball being the most effective. His movement into space was superb too.

Last edited:
They're two different players in my opinion. Messi a joy to watch on the ball as he has the balance and skill to just ghost past people. On a few occasions last night he made Anderson and Carrick look like statues. Whilst Rnaldo looks more powerful when he gets into his stride I think Messi's short bursts and acceleration make him a better player when dribbling the ball. Ronaldo has the swagger and the power, we've all seen it with his free-kicks and arial ability. Whilst I haven't seen half as much of Messi as I have of Ronaldo i'd go so far as to say Messi is the more composed and uses possesion of the ball better. Ronaldo looked far too greedy last night, there was one instance in the first half when Rooney was in acres on the left side of the box and screaming for the ball and Ronaldo took the option of a very difficult shot.

I am however in agreement that Iniesta was different gravy last night, what a fantastic example of the simple ball being the most effective. His movement into space was superb too.

I'd put Iniesta on a par with Michael Essien at the minute as the best player in the world currently

Ferguson is too powerful at the club to be told who should be in the team.
They became big in the far east before signing Park and they'll continue to be big there by winning trophies, not because they have one Korean player.

I'd agree that Fergie would not be dictated to, but i think also he knows there is a commercial value by playing Park. The player himself is not anything special by Man U standards, and i'm sure he could easily replace him with many other reasonable quality players who give 110%.

I'd agree that Fergie would not be dictated to, but i think also he knows there is a commercial value by playing Park. The player himself is not anything special by Man U standards, and i'm sure he could easily replace him with many other reasonable quality players who give 110%.

So why is he playing Anderson? I'd put Park above "Predator".

[YOUTUBE]uBtT5bZHNlQ[/YOUTUBE]

Any one notice the cockroach crawling over Mr Fergusson last night?

1.10 if your interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673